To ensure you wake up with healthy skin that's glowing with vitality on your big day, invest in a skincare plan as soon as possible. The more effort you put in, the better the results
Three months to go....
- Treat yourself to a monthly facial or use a deep-cleansing face-mask to rid your skin of toxins. Don't worry if you get a few spots, it's just your skin's way of getting rid of impurities. Better now than on the day!
- If you're planning to wear strappy sandals, it's important to look after your feet. Smooth them with a scrub or foot file to stop rough skin building up and moisturise them every night.
- Get hands ready for that ring-on-finger moment by rubbing in cuticle cream every night to keep cuticles moisturised and healthy. And if you're prone to weak or brittle nails, start applying a nail strengthener every couple of weeks.
- Get your skin in peak condition for the honeymoon by dry brushing your body with a natural bristle brush once a week. Start at your feet and work upwards in long, firm strokes, then follow with a moisturising body lotion.
- Get into a skincare routine you can realistically stick to using products that suit your skin.
Two months to go....
- It's never too soon for a professional spa treatment to detox and de-stress. Things are only going to get more hectic so it's worth making "me" time now!
- Smooth your feet with a clay face-mask once a week. After rinsing, rub in a rich foot cream. You could also give them a gentle massage using a light oil.
- It's important to keep your skin hydrated especially if you work in air-conditioned offices. Keep a can of floral water at your workstation and spritz your face throughout the day to refresh and revive it.
- Treat nails and cuticles to a hot wax conditioner to stimulate blood flow to the nail bed.
- Get your body primed for a bikini by exfoliating with a scrub once a week then apply body lotion for sexy, smooth skin.
One month to go....
- Have a practice run with your make-up to ensure you're happy with the colours and style. You don't want any last minute disasters!
- Plan a pampering night in. Run a bubble bath, light some candles, lock the door and forget any wedding anxieties.
- Treat yourself to a nerve-calming aromatherapy facial at a salon to draw out toxins.
- Get rid of dry skin from elbows, heels and ankles by exfoliating regularly.
- Have your eyebrows professionally shaped at a beauty salon now so that it will be easy to keep them tidy in the run-up to the wedding day.
Three weeks to go...
- Treat your body to a mineral-rich refining mud mask at home or at a spa.
- Visit a sauna to give your skin an all-over deep cleansing
Two weeks to go...
- Apply a treatment mask to your face when you're in the bath. The steam will open up your pores and help the mask's nutrients penetrate to the skin.
One week to go...
- Relax as much as possible - stress does terrible things to your skin. Light an aromatherapy candle, ask your fiancé to give you a neck and shoulder massage and make sure you drink plenty of water.
- Book yourself in for a manicure and pedicure
- Get your legs and bikini line waxed
- Go for a fake tan a few days before your big day for a light golden glow that will look natural in your wedding pictures.
The big day!
- Relax in a lovely bath
- Thoroughly cleanse, tone and moisturise your face before applying your make-up and resist the temptation to change your make-up routine at the last minute!
Enjoy the experience of looking more beautiful than you ever remember.