Want the perfect wedding hair but not sure how to go about it? Cristiano Basciu, Artistic Director, Richard Ward Hair & Metrospa, shares his top tips to get your hair just right on the big day.
1. Always have a trial run – preferably two – with your hairdresser before the big day.
2. Make a scrapbook or Pinterest board of your favourite looks so you have a variety of ideas and inspiration to choose from.
3. Tell your stylist your wedding theme: discuss the colour scheme, think about the season/climate etc - this all needs to be taken into account when choosing your hairstyle.
4. Remember your hair has to work with your dress neckline - bring a photo of your dress to your hair trial so your hairdresser knows what type of style they are working with.
5. Bring any hair pieces, veils or accessories to your hair trial to make sure they work perfectly with the look you have chosen for maximum impact on the day.
6. If it’s within your budget, have your hair stylist with you there on your wedding day for any touch ups etc.
7. If you want to create the illusion of longer, thicker hair, use clip-in hair pieces – they’re really versatile and easy to use, and you don’t have to wait months for your hair to grow.
8. Don’t cut your hair too close to the big day! Have your last trim approximately 2-3 weeks before the wedding - this gives it time to ‘settle’.
9. Don’t have any big colour appointments too close to the wedding – have your last full appointment about a week in advance, and touch up with a semi-permanent gloss if needed.
10. Don’t wash your hair on the day of your wedding - have it blow dried the day before, and dry-styled on the day.
11. Be individual, but don’t go for a totally new style that you’re uncomfortable wearing – it should be an enhanced version of you!