General chat

December 2017 Brides

1 to 13 of 13 posts

Bridezilla

Our month is finally here!

What date are you getting narried and what's left to do?

9th December and to pick up dress and suits 🤗

X

Kel

Wedding addict

I am also 9 th Dec!

This weekend we have got to finalise the seating plan for the venue (they will produce it), and download all the music.

I still have to buy the macaroons, decide on a necklace to wear and find some favors for the three teenage girls we have coming!

Also got to tidy the house and make sure we have enough food and drink for the influx of people we have arriving over the next week!,, 

New bride

Hollaaaa!

27th December :-)

still to do:

1. make seating plan and finish name places

2. pay off hair/makeup/band/photographer 

3. Buy favours for the children who’re coming 

4. Sort playlist for the reception 

5. Buy underwear and find something to ‘Borrow’

6. Finish gift bags for the bridal party 

7. Sort out our lifts to The venue 

8. Get our banns certificate from our parish church to show to our wedding church

just little things I think really. It’s getting exciting...

Bridezilla

So,

I was due to pick mine & the bridesmaid dress up on Saturday, however alterations still need to be made, so we're going back in this Wednesday to check / try on and hopefully take home :)

We picked up all the suits yesterday :)

All that's left to do now is;

Beauty treatments

Make Favour boxes up and put them on the tables (along with the name cards) on the morning of the wedding.

Collect the dresses on Wednesday.

Five more sleeps!

Kel

New bride

Oh I saw this too late - my day was 2nd December! We had a wonderful time and everything was perfect, this is such a magical month to get married.

Good luck December brides I hope your big days are as successful as ours was. Xxx 

Bridezilla

Jan17 wrote (see post):

Oh I saw this too late - my day was 2nd December! We had a wonderful time and everything was perfect, this is such a magical month to get married.

Good luck December brides I hope your big days are as successful as ours was. Xxx 

Oh Jan17, I do hope everything was perfect for your day.  Any advice you can give for on the day dos/dont's? Xx

Kel

New bride

28th December.

Pick up my dress on Wednesday. 

Still to pick exit song.

Buy hair comb.

Still to decide if we're having a cake and get it ordered. 

Buy wedding cards. And perfume.

Wedding addict

22nd December, and so much left to do! 

All our flowers are DIY, so they’re being done the day before the wedding. Got the favour glasses to do. We got faux leather jackets that we’re putting a ‘mr’ and ‘mrs’ design on that we still need to do. Make bar vouchers. But buffet food for the night before the wedding. Finish the photo booth props and backdrop and get the lights PAT tested. Try and sort out a schedule of what’s happening! I’m sure there’s more that i’ve forgotten already... 

New bride

Kelly241 wrote (see post):
Jan17 wrote (see post):

Oh Jan17, I do hope everything was perfect for your day.  Any advice you can give for on the day dos/dont's? Xx

Thanks Kelly241, yes everything surpassed our expectations it was a brilliant day. All I would say is that the day goes  extremely fast so try to take a few snap shots with your mind every now and then to try and remember special moments if that makes sense! Also it's very easy to get swept away with being social and mingling with guests but don't forget to spend say 10 minutes alone with your new spouse, of course guests are important but it's your special day so it's important to get some alone time! Lastly just enjoy the occasion - good luck I hope everything is perfect for you both!

New bride

Ahhh I also saw this too late - we were 2nd December. We had the most incredible day and are still in a happy little bubble. My best advice would be don’t overdo it on alcohol - you honestly wont need it as you’ll just be so high on life! I mainly just had water in the evening and loved that I could take in every second so clearly! Wishing you all the most amazing day girls xxx

New bride

This Saturday too... I'm so excited I feel like I might burst :) However, I am completely sure I've forgotten something obvious. My new mantra is to enjoy these last few days before it and not to stress (I laugh as I write this). 

Enjoy your special day girls! xx

Bridezilla

Today, I have collected our dresses!

Spray tan tonight & nails tomorrow, so now to just sit back and chill 🤗

Kel

Wedding addict

I'm on the 14th. I'm going up to the Lake District where I'm getting married on Saturday. My Mum is picking up my dress and has some of the bridesmaid dresses.

I don't think I have anything to do, apart from buy some chutney which I'm going to do up there. Which is very much making me feel like I have forgotten something!