General chat

Hen Party

1 to 5 of 5 posts

New bride

Hello all :)

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place! I just wanted to get some advice in regards to hen parties. I am the bride to be and have 5 bridesmaids. One of which lives in Australia. Alot of my Australian family are flying over 9 days before the wedding and I would love them to be part of the hen. This would  mean it would take place on the weekend before the wedding. I am not a heavy drinker and am a school teacher so will have the week between the hen and the wedding off (as its the summer holidays). I just wanted to see if other people had also had a hen so close or whether it was madness in terms of recovery! Any advice welcome! 

Thank you!

Bridezilla

It depends on what you want to do. I did mine a few weeks out and it was fine. However it wasn't a massive drink fest! The weekend before the wedding does tend to get a bit busy though 

Wedding addict

My colleagues are organising a hen party for me a week before the wedding, and we're going to be drinking a lot! I am a bit nervous about that, but I should be able to recover.

Bridezilla

what quantities is everything drinking for it to take you a week to recover? haaha xx

New bride

GettingWed1803 wrote (see post):

what quantities is everything drinking for it to take you a week to recover? haaha xx

Hahahaha very true! I am sure not enough for a week hangover!

Thanks for the replies though!