General chat

InstaWedding UK

1 to 20 of 55 posts

New bride

Hi,

Has anyone used InstaWeddjng UK photography for their wedding and if so, have you actually received your photos?

Thanks! 

New bride

I'll DM you 

New bride

We used InstaWedding and they were fabulous, we've had our photos and they are just stunning. Would thoroughly recommend them to anyone.

New bride

We used insta wedding in September 2016 and just received video & online photos so far

Bridezilla

Charlotte425 wrote (see post):

We used InstaWedding and they were fabulous, we've had our photos and they are just stunning. Would thoroughly recommend them to anyone.

When did u get married Charlotte?  How long did u have 2 wait?

Can u show us some of the pics, or any other proof that u r a genuine bride not just a fake good review?

New bride

Following 

New bride

Hi Hayley99 - do you have any update? Do you mind if I DM you? 

New bride

We got 30 photos 48hours later and all of our photos a few months after (I think august?) Our gallery on their website is entitled Charlotte loves Phil. 

Not a fake review a very real, very heartfelt one.

Bridezilla

The thing is though Charlotte, good for you that you got your photos, but many others haven't. So your positive review means nothing to those people. Neither does it prove that InstaWedding are a good supplier. 

Bridezilla

We got 30 photos 48hours later and all of our photos a few months after (I think august?) Our gallery on their website is entitled Charlotte loves Phil. 

The very fact that you've brought this up on two separate threads to do with this company is very suspicious to me. And that you're continuously following this up is odd.

Maybe I'm being overly cautious and you're completely unrelated I don't know.

However even if you are a satisfied customer wholly unrelated to the company in question, clearly other people have experienced some really poor service and that isn't OK.

You've been very lucky, but I doubt so many other people are lying just to try and ruin a company's reputation as there are a number of people complaining over a couple of threads. They just want what is owed to them.

I understand that one of the business owners was seriously ill, which is awful obviously, but if you run your own business and you know that you won't be able to fulfil the job in the usual turnaround time then it's just common courtesy to a) tell the client as soon as you're aware that there will be a problem, b) get someone else in to edit the footage etc or c) offer compensation or a refund.

This is fairly standard and the fact that this hasn't been done is unacceptable. This is someone's wedding photos or video FFS, it's a once (hopefully) in a lifetime occasion.

New bride

bella2015 wrote (see post):

The thing is though Charlotte, good for you that you got your photos, but many others haven't. So your positive review means nothing to those people. Neither does it prove that InstaWedding are a good supplier. 

Totally agree with you- I have posted on another thread with a more extensive review, my main aim was to reassure brides that they will get everything they paid for... they just need to have patience. It was really hard not to let my mind run away with me about what’s happened and why I’ve not got my video yet...and even harder not to vent my frustration to InstaWedding but I just kept in touch, making sure everything was ok and reminding them that I was excited to see the end result but understanding of their awful situation. 

They are only human at the end of the day and I know their intentions are only to deliver amazing photos and videos of the best day of your lives for you to keep forever. 

this is my opinion but putting myself in their shoes I imagine it would be easy for them to delegate elsewhere but felt they were invested in the end result and wanted to be proud of it. 

Bridezilla

Sorry, I've just posted a response in another thread about this - how do you know they'll get everything they pay for? How do you know they were invested in the end result and wanted to be proud of it? I'm incredibly suspicious of this positive review in amongst the negative feedback there's been. 

New bride

weatherwaxe wrote (see post):

The very fact that you've brought this up on two separate threads to do with this company is very suspicious to me. And that you're continuously following this up is odd.

Maybe I'm being overly cautious and you're completely unrelated I don't know.

However even if you are a satisfied customer wholly unrelated to the company in question, clearly other people have experienced some really poor service and that isn't OK.

You've been very lucky, but I doubt so many other people are lying just to try and ruin a company's reputation as there are a number of people complaining over a couple of threads. They just want what is owed to them.

I understand that one of the business owners was seriously ill, which is awful obviously, but if you run your own business and you know that you won't be able to fulfil the job in the usual turnaround time then it's just common courtesy to a) tell the client as soon as you're aware that there will be a problem, b) get someone else in to edit the footage etc or c) offer compensation or a refund.

This is fairly standard and the fact that this hasn't been done is unacceptable. This is someone's wedding photos or video FFS, it's a once (hopefully) in a lifetime occasion.

I don’t know how exactly I can prove that I’m a genuine customer. 

I booked InstaWedding after meeting them at A most Curious wedding fair and part of their appeal was that they were normal people taking bloody brilliant photos, the other part was their package price was far less than any other photographer I’d enquired with. 

New bride

We used Instawedding at the start of the year.  They were great with the pre-wedding shoot (although photos did take several months to arrive, way longer than agreed), and they were great again on the wedding day.  We received the first batch of photos within a couple of weeks which were great.  Unfortunately that is where the contact stopped.  Every other deadline (second set of photos online, physical photos, album and hard drive) has been missed and they have not replied to any messages via e-mail, twitter, facebook, etc.  It's a real shame as the photos we do have are great.  It seems they are just in a massive backlog situation which I wouldn't mind if they were actually upfront about it.

New bride

Reading these reviews make my heart sink- im so worried that we will never receive our printed photos and video. will you keep us posted Not2 on your situation? It’s a small reassurance we are not the only ones out there.