General chat

Sponsored post: What’s the best bridesmaid gift you’ve ever received?

21 to 40 of 41 posts

New bride

Happy Monday, brides! There's just one week to go until we'll be choosing our favourite post from this thread - with the prize of a £250 John Lewis voucher, courtesy of You & Your Wedding.

New bride

There isn't a set in stone time to give out bridesmaid blessings. In case you're gifting something that may be useful to them paving the way to the wedding, similar to an outside battery charger for their mobile phones or a monogrammed tote pack, the pre-wedding party would be a decent chance to have everybody together and give them their blessings in the meantime.

Bridezilla

When I was younger and was a bridesmaid I got given a handmade personalised doll - it had knitted hair in my hair colour and was wearing a replica of my bridesmaid dress (but obviously in mini doll form) and it was amazing! I obviously wanted all my photos with her! I kept her for ages and remember being besotted with her. I probably still have her somewhere.

I wanted to do something similar for my step daughters for my wedding as they were my bridesmaids but just couldn’t find anyone crafty enough to make something similar. They would have loved it though as they do like dolls and are very girly. Instead they got a collection of accessories - fancy handbag, fancy shoes and hair accessories then some princess and fairy fancy dress accessories so they could turn their very pretty dresses into either a lovely dress to wear again or a pretty princess or fairy outfit as they like fancy dress. The next morning after our wedding they were back in their bridesmaid dresses- one as a princess and one as a fairy! (Their choice, we had packed them other clothes, they just wanted to carry on wearing them, ha ha!). 

My grown up bridesmaids got as their gifts-

• a luxury suite for them and their partner in my wedding venue 

• a fur wrap (although this was part of their outfit) 

• a watch which matched their outfit but was also meant to be a keepsake for afterwards - as a thank you for being my besties for such a long time 

• a personalised card

then their outfits (which they chose), hair and make up!

Wedding addict

Lots of lovely inspiration in here ladies!

The best bridesmaid gift I have received was a beautiful handdrawn illustration of me with the gorgeous bride. It was so detailed with her in bridal gown and me in my bridesmaid dress. Even our hair was drawn how it was styled for the day. It was such a thoughtful gift and she had framed it too so it was a lovely keepsake of me with my bestie.

New bride

Vintage crystal earrings to wear on the big day, in an ivory enamel trinket box with my name, thank you for being a special bridesmaids, the couples name and wedding date engraved in gold on the lid. 

So pretty, something for the day and to continue to cherish forever.

New bride

I received a gorgeous jewellery box, which I still use every day, and I think of my friend each time! So I really value it. She also paid for my dress, shoes, jewellery and hairstyling on the day. 

New bride

The bride paid for us all to have some spa treatments the week before as a gift – I had a facial. It was so nice to be pampered, and we all enjoyed time out to chill. Then on the day, she gave us all handmade make-up bags that one of our other friend's had illustrated our names onto. It was so pretty – I still use it now and it's a lovely reminder of the day. 

New bride

I received a token to go to a spa with the bride and the other bridesmaids for after the wedding and for when the bride was back from her honeymoon. It was so nice to have something to look forward to once the wedding was over and to relax and share stories and photos from the big day!

New bride

Spa voucher sounds a nice idea. I was thinking of doing mine a personlised box/bag with bottle of procesco, personalised champagne glass, wedding day scent candle and some sweets. I have 4 so trying to keep reasonable and things i know they will use also going to get dressing gowns for getting ready. For my little girl who is 3 and flower girl im going to get something she can use as her something old when she gets married - thinking of some jewellery or something which can be turned into a bouquet charm. Although she is having a wand with flowers on the day which i know she will love and play with for days after haha x

New bride

I'm on a huge anti-clutter drive at the moment, so I'm really conscious of giving anything that might just end up sitting in a cupboard or drawer! I'll be plumping for some kind of 'experience' voucher or similar for my girls. In saying that though, one of the loveliest presents I've received for being a bridesmaid was a diptyque candle which is something I would never buy for myself - and I love it! (it obviously wasn't culled in the de-clutter, ha!) Its so tricky! Will be watching this thread for more ideas!! 

New bride

You have until 10am this coming Monday for a chance to win at £250 John Lewis voucher, courtesy of You & Your Wedding, so if you haven't commented, now's the time!

New bride

I haven't been a bridesmaid, but one of my group of 4 closest friends asked the other 3 of us to do a reading together instead. As a thank you gift, she gave each of us a scented candle. She had obviously put lots of thought into choosing a different fragrance for each of us that we would like, and she got it spot on. Each one was totally different and we all loved them. It was a simple but really thoughtful gift.

New bride

My best friend got us all a dvd of Bridesmaids, a yankee candle of ‘wedding day’ scent (which ended up being quite funny coz I had unknowningly got her the exact same thing as her bridesmaid, so we ended up with loads of them!), some jewellery for the day, which I still wear occaisonally, some nail varnish, a personalised bubbles flute, but the most special bit was the most gorgeous meaningful card about our friendship, which I’ll always treasure. 

I love the idea of a spa day voucher for the bridesmaids and bride after the wedding! Might be borrowing that one.. 

New bride

The best gift that I received as a bridesmaid was a hand made advent calendar (the day after the wedding was the 1st December). The bride had made a wooden tree that had mini drawstring bags hanging off the branches which she filled with small gifts, such as chocolates, lipstick, nail varnish, thank you notes and mini bath bombs. I loved the effort she put into making it and personalising it to my Christmas decor style, and I still get it get it out each year which reminds me of the memories we made that day and fill with gifts for myself, lol! 

New bride

My best gift was part of a collection of lovely bridesmaids bits. I'm a nurse and was given a fob watch, the design on in matches the theme and colour of the wedding. It was really nice to get something I use near enough everyday that reminds of her lovely day. I would never have thought of it myself.  

Wedding addict

I received a necklace and earring set, and they were just beautiful, but most of all the words in the handwritten card were the best for me. Couldn’t get any better than that 😊

New bride

When I was maid of Honour my bestie bought me a beautiful rose tree to plant in the garden. 🥀 The roses are the same colour as she had in her wedding flowers. Every year when it comes into bloom it reminds me of my Best friends wedding. 😊

Bridezilla

My best gift was not to be asked at all! I could wear what I wanted, brilliant! I was BM for my 3 sisters, and got lovely accessories, pearl bracelet or necklace etc. For my best friend I wasn't asked, despite being wanted, which was great! I didnt have any BMs for our own wedding... 

New bride

Beautifully soft dressing gown to wear in the morning and gorgeous personally chosen pearl bracelet, earrings and chain. Simple yet exactly what I didn't know I needed! 

New bride

This thread is now closed. Thanks for your comments! The winner's details will be posted here this week.