Hair & make-up

Dark circles under eyes!!

1 to 17 of 17 posts

Bridezilla

Help,
I have very dark under eye circles... what is the best product for these on wedding day... i don't wear a lot of make-up Mascara, and Elizabeth arden 8 hour cream. I need to combat these dark circles, without looking like i have plastered myself in make up!!!!

Any suggestions would eb gratefully recieved!
Coops to be

Bridezilla

Touch eclat by YSL really light and hides dark circles well, don't use if you are having an evening wedding and loads of flash photography as its light reflective and can look weird in those types of photos.

Bridezilla

this may sound odd- but potassium is supposed to help with undereye circles---im not sure if its true but im going to be eating bananas in the run-up to the wedding just in case!

New bride

just to let you know, i bought elizabeth arden eye cream... was told it helped with dark circles. it doesn't so save your money girls!

Bridezilla

You need Laura Mercier Secret Concealer set with Secret Brightening Powder. In my opnion this is the best undereye concealer there is!
Juliet x

Bridezilla

Where can i get this from Juliet Makeup??
Thanks for your advice.xx

Wedding addict

hi girls.I have just brought a fab product off the plane, but i know they sell it in Boots. Its called boi-ing industrial strength concealer from Benefit.Dont know how much it cost cause i got it along with some other minis like a lip plump and ooh la lift eye cream they do exactly what it says on the tin!!!

Bridezilla

some early nights .......

Bridezilla

You can but Laura Mercier from Space NK shops or http://www.spacenk.co.uk or in Selfridges.
Juliet x

Wedding addict

I find Estee Lauder's Idealist cream very good - perhaps just get a sample from a counter see what you think before you buy it but I love it!

Bridezilla

In college we were taught to use lilac concealer. It was quite effective but I havent really seen it about since I left so I dont know where to buy it from.

Bridezilla

Quoted:
hi girls.I have just brought a fab product off the plane, but i know they sell it in Boots. Its called boi-ing industrial strength concealer from Benefit.Dont know how much it cost cause i got it along with some other minis like a lip plump and ooh la lift eye cream they do exactly what it says on the tin!!!

I second this!! Boi-ing is a great concealer. I use it and my friend used it for her wedding to get rid of the dark circles. It's expensive, about £18 for a tub, but it lasts for ages and I've found it works really really well!

Bridezilla

Quoted:
In college we were taught to use lilac concealer. It was quite effective but I havent really seen it about since I left so I dont know where to buy it from.

I use lilac on very, very dark circles on pale skin underneath LM and then orange underneath on darker skins. These colours neutralise the darkness if the concealers on their own don't work.
Didn't recommend it on here as it's a professional product that i use from Makeup Artist Provisions.
Juliet x

Bridezilla

I was going to get the LM concealer and powder but I already have Benefits Boi-ing concealer, so perhaps I could use this!I haven't used it under my eyes yet as I wondered if it would be too heavy. Maybe I can save some pennies!

I normally use YSL touch eclat and really like it. Its fine with flash photography if you mix it with a little bit of foundation first x

Wedding addict

I have really dark cirlcles & no cream i have bought hides them!

I use Bobbi Brown Concealer kit which is by far the best. Its not cheap, but well worth the money.

Bridezilla

as well as concealing them you can treat them as such. i brought from avon some undereye cream and made sure i religiously rubbed in morning and night, it was great and my make up lady even commented on how my dark circles had reduced, she therefore used less concelaer to cover it.

New bride

I love this product....because very pleasant smell... i used for 2 weeks and dark circles are faded completely.wonderful.thanks to dermalmd under eye treatment.