Hair & make-up

Wedding Scents

1 to 20 of 28 posts

Bridezilla

We’re wearing Jo Malone scents. We had a scent your wedding appointment and found our scents. I’m also treating myself to thematching body cream amd wash while Andrew is just having his cologne.

Bridezilla

I wore Jo Malone Wood Sage & Sea Salt for the day time & layered it with Black Cedarwood & Juniper for the evening reception. I loved both scents x

Bridezilla

I wore Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka and layered with Velvet Rose & Oud body creme and Mimosa and Cardamon body wash, I loved it and could smell it all day, everyone that walked into the room I was getting ready could smell it and that was before I put the cologne on! 

Bridezilla

I went for Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf. I normally wear quite florally perfumes so I stuck with the same sort of scent for the wedding. 

Bridezilla

I bought Jo Malone Peony and Blush Suede but didn't find it lasted long when I tried it out before the wedding, so I ended up wearing Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet which I love and lasts well. 

Bridezilla

I wore Jo malone dark amber and ginger lily layered with earl grey and cucumber. It lasted through til the night and was still subtle. 

I chose new scents rather than my usual. I usually wear flower bomb but wanted something more warm and autumnal 

Bridezilla

Lexi90 wrote (see post):

Those who went for Jo Malone - did you feel the layering of the scents, body cream etc. Made it last? 

I love JM but perfume alone I never think it lasts as long as other perfumes. 

When layered mine lasted for 3 days even through showering. I can’t wait to wear all mine on the day.

Wedding addict

I am debating this at the moment as well.  I usually wear Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir and am thinking about getting a new bottle for the wedding and wearing it alone or layering it with something else new.  I am very picky about scents, so I feel like this is the safer option but at the same time maybe I should put in the leg work to try and find a new "wedding day" scent.  

If anyone has recommendations for layering up with Pomegranate Noir, please say!

Bridezilla

I wore Jo Malone, I had a scent your wedding appointment and ended up with layering English pear and freesia body wash and body cream then both Orange blossom and English pear and freesia perfumes. It smelt amazing and lasted all day and night I didn’t need to reapply all day. The body cream still leaves A scent even after showering, well worth the money. 

Wedding addict

I wore Ralph Lauren Romance. It was in the top ten bridal perfumes in vogue back in the summer. So I was quite chuffed. X

New bride

FutureMrsP2018 wrote (see post):

I am debating this at the moment as well.  I usually wear Jo Malone Pomegranate Noir and am thinking about getting a new bottle for the wedding and wearing it alone or layering it with something else new.  I am very picky about scents, so I feel like this is the safer option but at the same time maybe I should put in the leg work to try and find a new "wedding day" scent.  

If anyone has recommendations for layering up with Pomegranate Noir, please say!

I also love Pomegranite Noir but was worried it was too heavy for our wedding in Italy, the lady in Jo Malone recommended it with Peony and Blush Suede or Grapefruit and both were gorgeous. Worth a try!

Wedding addict

I have the same problem with Jo Malone fading quickly – I'm gutted as H2B bought me a bottle of English Pear and Freesia, which I love, but it barely lasts an hour on me. Am considering getting the body wash or lotion to boost it, but I absolutely resent having to spend that much!

Re: having a different scent than usual, I really like the idea of wearing something different so we'll associate it with the wedding – in theory it should mean that smell will always take us back in memory. :)

Wedding addict

Annabelle4 wrote (see post):

I also love Pomegranite Noir but was worried it was too heavy for our wedding in Italy, the lady in Jo Malone recommended it with Peony and Blush Suede or Grapefruit and both were gorgeous. Worth a try!

Thank you! I will try those.

I had no idea some many people struggle to make it stay put!

Bridezilla

I wore Far Away by Avon on the day. I have designer perfumes but on the day, I decided to wear this one since that was my signature perfume when we first met and I thought I'd stick to that one for sentimental reasons. I find it is a really long lasting perfume too which is a bonus.