Honeymoons

Perfect honeymoon in Kenya, 1-3 weeks, throw suggestions at me :)

1 to 5 of 5 posts

New bride

This is the kind of thing I'm after:

-luxury, small-scale/boutique accommodation

-to see wildlife (especially big cats, elephants and giraffes)

-good food (I'm a vegetarian so bear that in mind)

-some relaxation (beach, rainforest, colonial style house somewhere or similar)

I dislike: 

-large resorts/hotels where food is made in one huge central kitchen

Husband is happy with anything, though the fewer internal flights the better.

Budget: max £10k

Bridezilla

We went last year and stayed at Governor's Camp. I think that this camp may be too large for what you're looking for but they have a few camps which are smaller and more boutique feel. Il Moran is one and little governor's is another.

We saw all big 5, and saw cats every day - the guides are amazing! We also did a hot air balloon safari with a champagne breakfast (where he proposed to me on the plains) which was amazing.

I highly recommend Imagine Africa - they will do you a bespoke itinerary and meet exactly what you're looking for with different options of prices.

We did 5 nights safari then 1 night in Nairobi followed by 7 days in the Seychelles, 1 night in Nairobi and then flight back to Heathrow. This cost around 4500 each

Hope this helps a bit x

New bride

Ambam19 wrote (see post):

We went last year and stayed at Governor's Camp. I think that this camp may be too large for what you're looking for but they have a few camps which are smaller and more boutique feel. Il Moran is one and little governor's is another.

We saw all big 5, and saw cats every day - the guides are amazing! We also did a hot air balloon safari with a champagne breakfast (where he proposed to me on the plains) which was amazing.

I highly recommend Imagine Africa - they will do you a bespoke itinerary and meet exactly what you're looking for with different options of prices.

We did 5 nights safari then 1 night in Nairobi followed by 7 days in the Seychelles, 1 night in Nairobi and then flight back to Heathrow. This cost around 4500 each

Hope this helps a bit x

That sounds really nice and thanks for recommending Imagine Africa!

Where did you stay in the Seychelles? Governor's camp is one of the ones I had my eyes on. Was 5 nights enough/too much?

Bridezilla

We stayed in Mahe at the Constance Ephelia and it was sooo beautiful. We did a day trip island hopping to praslin and la digue which i highly recommend to see a bit of the other islands. 

5 nights was just about right for us. To continue safari I'd have wanted to go to another part of Africa to see something a bit different. It is honestly so amazing, I don't think I've ever smiled so much in my life!

All the food was really good - it's full board so b/l/d and they wake you each morning around 5.30am with a tea/coffee and some shortbread. While you're at dinner they come in and put hot water bottles in your bed.

New bride

Ambam19 wrote (see post):

We stayed in Mahe at the Constance Ephelia and it was sooo beautiful. We did a day trip island hopping to praslin and la digue which i highly recommend to see a bit of the other islands. 

5 nights was just about right for us. To continue safari I'd have wanted to go to another part of Africa to see something a bit different. It is honestly so amazing, I don't think I've ever smiled so much in my life!

All the food was really good - it's full board so b/l/d and they wake you each morning around 5.30am with a tea/coffee and some shortbread. While you're at dinner they come in and put hot water bottles in your bed.

That sounds so nice, can't wait for our moon :)