Honeymoons

Where are you honeymooning?

21 to 29 of 29 posts

New bride

We are planning South Africa 5 Days, Kenya for the safari 5 days and Seychelles for 7! Will be a well needed break together after the wedding xx

Bridezilla

I think we’re being greedy. 

Weve got a 19-night road trip as part of the wedding. And we figured we’re gonna be tired after such a busy time with jet lag, work and a wedding party. 

So other half has booked for us to go to Santorini in October. We’re going at the end of the season, so have a decent hotel cheaper than in peak-season. We’re lucky that we are good at saving and can afford to do both!

Bridezilla

We are going to Costa rica, we got married two years ago but couldn't afford honeymoon so going in November, it does have zika but if you protect yourself and are then happy to wait 6 months after the holiday before you try for baby it's safe as we will do can't wait been long time coming x

Wedding addict

Getting married in Barbados so will also spend honeymoon in the Caribbeans. So excited!  

Wedding addict

We spent months trying to decide, but eventually decided on Costa Rica, as there is the perfect mix of luxurious beach type places and all the activity you could possibly want!

So we are spending 4 nights in a bungalow next to a Volcano in Arenal, and then 10 nights in an incredible 3 storey villa overlooking the rain forest & sea - cannot bleeding wait!

http://tulemarbamboovillas.com/

Bridezilla

We have no idea! We've travelled a lot and have done South Africa (which would have been my go to honeymoon dream!), Bali, Langkawi, Singapore, are doing HK and Thailand this year, plus a lot of Europe. I've been to Hawaii before and his first marriage they honeymooned in the US so would prefer something different. We get married end of May in Italy so are likely going to do a minimoon in Venice or the Amalfi Coast once that's over, and then come back and enjoy having a big holiday to look forward to later in the year. We both would love to do the gorilla trekking in Rwanda, or Botswana/Tanzania/Zambia (I really want to do the Devil's Pool at the top of Victoria Falls), but I also want to combine something a bit more adventurous with lush beaches so need to work out if we can do that and the Maldives at the same time. I would LOVE to do Bora Bora or somewhere in the South Pacific but not sure it's realistic finance wise and I'm not sure even if it was, I could convince my fiance to do all of that travelling without being able to afford business class seats. Throw all of that in to the mix and then Zika too which we might want to consider.... it's probably harder than any wedding decisions we've got to make! 

Bridezilla

We spent 2 weeks doing a California road trip from San Francisco out to Yosemite and back down the coastline to San Diego, then flew over to Maui for a week. It was ah-mazing  can’t recommend it enough - we went at the end of September into mid-October and the weather was amazing the whole time too without everywhere being as busy as during the summer months. 

Bridezilla

We did New Zealand for 3 weeks, then 4 days at Pangkor Laut in Malaysia to relax on the way home. It was brilliant! Loved it!