17/06/2009 at 07:20

Hey Ladies,
Was hoping to set up a coltsfor mill bride forum so we can all share ideas on how we will decorate and use our venue to our advantage!
I will kick off by saying we are getting married in the mill and decorating it with roses and flowers. Also thinking of having the giant games on the lawn!
Looking forward to hearing your ideas xx
17/06/2009 at 07:20

Hey Ladies,
Was hoping to set up a coltsfor mill bride forum so we can all share ideas on how we will decorate and use our venue to our advantage!
I will kick off by saying we are getting married in the mill and decorating it with roses and flowers. Also thinking of having the giant games on the lawn!
Looking forward to hearing your ideas xx
17/06/2009 at 09:23
Hi mazzy, i'm not a coltsford mill bride, but think the venue is stunning and am very jealous. I know there are a few others cm brides on here though. Just wanted to say goodluck with your planning, and i look forward to seeing your pics once you are wed, Whens the big day??
17/06/2009 at 13:39
Thanks!! The big day is 22nd may!! I love your cake whwere is it from? Xx
17/06/2009 at 15:43
Marks and spencers. x
17/06/2009 at 15:51
hey mazzy,
im also getting married there next year (july 2010)
yay, also decorating with flowers etc. not having chair covers though, quite like it a bit rustic!! love the garden games idea coz it would not only be fun but the pics that could come from it could be amazing! x
18/06/2009 at 01:41
Funny you say that about the chair covers as my h2b and I are debating whether to have them or not and at th emo its a no as the expense is too much and as u say the rooms look grx without covers! When did u bk? Are u intending to get ready in the cottage? Have you got your photographer?
We went for jane she is great!!
My dress arrived in the shop last week so excited but put on a few pounds so gonna wait to pick it up as the lady said I should try on!!

What have you all done so far... I can't believe how quickly the time is going xx
18/06/2009 at 08:24
Sorry to gate crash! I saw someones photos on my facebook from a wedding held two weeks ago at coltsford mill and they didnt have chair covers, i think it looks great!!!!
20/06/2009 at 13:31
Hello, another Coltsford Mill Bride here. We're getting married 17th July 2010 woooo

We are having chair covers in the reception room as h2b doesn't like the current chairs. I think they're beautiful but it is his day too hehe

Also thinking about fireworks last thing before the guests leave. In the welcome pack they recomend two good companies

Have you all booked your photographers yet? Did anyone go with any of the recomended photographers? We've chose Gary Roebuck x

[Modified by: TheNextMrsHall on June 20, 2009 06:44 PM]

and...
21/06/2009 at 03:20
that's so bizarre my H2B also loves chair covers! It must be a man thing hehehe!
We went with Jane Alexander! We loved her!
Have you got any quotes for the fireworks? wanna do it as a suprise for my h2b!
what is everyone doing for there centre pieces?x
21/06/2009 at 03:20
that's so bizarre my H2B also loves chair covers! It must be a man thing hehehe!
We went with Jane Alexander! We loved her!
Have you got any quotes for the fireworks? wanna do it as a suprise for my h2b!
what is everyone doing for there centre pieces?x
21/06/2009 at 14:15
hello ladies,
booked last august and yes intending on getting ready there it just seems easier that way.
Finally booked a photographer yay!! Blaze from studio4u, their prices are really good and i like his style! cant believe you have your dress im so jealous... im having a dress wobble at the moment (cringe) !!
booked honeymoon last week aswell so its been a productive month.for centre pieces we are having large martini glasses but not sure what flowers yet, florist in next on list to book! you? firework suprise is super cool mazzy! x
22/06/2009 at 06:28
wow u booked ur honeymoon already?? were are you going?

Is anyone looking at doing anything themselves? and does anyone know how the venue feel about this?

I want to do my own center pieces and do the mill up myself...well my friends will be doing this lol xx
22/06/2009 at 07:04
Hello girlies!!

Just seen this thread and have got really excited!!

We're not having the chair covers as they match the room as they are.

I want to have the ceremony in the mill, but I think we have slightly too many people so may have to opt for the larger room. Boo!

I haven't used any of their photographers as they all seemed really expensive so we're going with Blessing Photography.

I've bought Cadbury purple BM dresses, so I want to decorate the beams with the ivy along with purple and white freesias. Not sure if we'll be doing it ourselves though as we haven't booked the florist yet and you can only get in on the morning of the wedding to do it and I think I'll have other things to do then!!

Has anyone booked Liz to do their flowers?

xxx
22/06/2009 at 10:48
Hi Ladies

Can I join you?? I am not a 2010 bride but I am a Coltsford Bride! Getting married in June 2011 so got 2 years to wait boo!!!

We are having Jane Alexander for our photography and I am getting married at the cottage. Not looking forward to camping outside Leatherhead registry office next year to get the 2 o'clock time slot!!!

Are you girls having dj's or bands? anyone thought about florists? I have heard great things about galloping gourmet so really looking forward to the tasting day! We are going to have chair covers and hopefully getting married in the Watermill barn because my H2B is 7ft tall and the mill is a bit too cramped for him!! xx
22/06/2009 at 17:02
I forgot about the camping out! Not looking forward to that at all!
I can't wait til the tasting day too, especially as they invited me to one last year by accident.
22/06/2009 at 17:37
We're getting ready for the camping. I'm going to call on the 16th Just to see how many cued for their Friday Wedding but I think we're definately going to be there for 5am!!

Which tasting day are you going to *Supersal* ?

and...
22/06/2009 at 17:54
Well, they invited me last sumer to either November or February. I replied saying Feb please! They promptly called saying 'sorry, you can't come, your tasting day will be next year' or words to that effect.
I'm waiting for my invite for the same tastings a year later.
Have you been yet? What was it like?

[Modified by: *Supersal* on June 22, 2009 10:56 PM]

22/06/2009 at 17:59
No not been yet...we're getting Married next July so I believe we're going to this years November Tasting. Can't wait hehe!! yum

and...
25/06/2009 at 02:13
Hey ladies!! I have contacted liz about the flowers and got quotes but not sure whether I will use her as to me her prices were abit steep bot sure though as only spoke to one other florist and all though she was cheap I had to collect the flowers myself!! Still in two minds about using candleabras too but can't find the ones I want cheaply! The hunt goes on!!
Who else has their dress? Mines arrived at the shop gonna go and pick it up end of july so hope to put a pic on to c wat u all think!!
Xx

What do you think of our new wedding venues directory at www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/venues?