28/04/2012 at 14:00
Hey Girls!
I am struggling to find music I like for when the guests are waiting. I found a couple of songs I want to use then had my final venue meeting the other day and they said to make sure I have enough for half hour just in case. I only have 4 songs! Does anyone have any ideas for this? I've only got 3 weeks to go!
Thanks

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10766;484/st/20120419/e/Our+Wedding/dt/5/k/3911/event.png

28/04/2012 at 14:36
What are your songs so far?
28/04/2012 at 15:19
We handed our CD in today with our 6 songs for the ceremony we chose songs that meant something to us. We chose -

Muse - Feeling Good. This came on the radio when I was driving to our new house he day we moved in to it. We had a bit of a complicated rocky road to get to live together and it just made me smile.

Maccabees- Toothpaste Kisses. We listened to this band constantly when we first got together and th words are so sweet And romantic. We are having lyrics from this song engraved in to our wedding band too.

Embrace- Gravity. We were driving around in the car one day and this came on and we both listened to the words and loved it. I'm walking into this. We also love Gavin and Stacey so that sealed the deal!

Snow Patrol- Chasing Cars. Again because of Gavin and Stacey I cry like a baby everytime I see their wedding!

Josh Ritter - The Chase. There are lyrics in here tht tell the story exactly like when we first met Mr M says this song always reminds him I me.

John Martin- Couldn't Love You More. We were obsessed with Ashes to Ashes and this came on it and again we just stopped, listened to it and loved it!

I guess what I'm trying to say is that choose sings that tell your story no matter how insignificant the reason might be!!
29/04/2012 at 14:18
So far we've got:
Today I met the boy I'm gonna marry (think its so cute)
Beyonce-1+1
Jason Mraz-Lucky
and Jason Wade - You belong to me

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10766;484/st/20120419/e/Our+Wedding/dt/5/k/3911/event.png

01/05/2012 at 03:54
I am struggling too, the registrar has suggested 8 songs or so while our guests come in, they have suggested just chucking on a romantic CD and playing it as long as its needed but I think that's a little cheesy

For our ceremony we're having:

Processional - When you wish upon a star (original Disney version)
Signing of the registrar - At last (Beyonce version) and Somewhere over the Rainbow (Glee version.)
Recessional - She Drives me Crazy

And some of the songs we are having for while the guests come in:

Bruno Mars - Marry You
Adele - Make You Feel my Love
L-O-V-E - Nat King Cole
Earth Angel - Back to the Future Version
It Had to be You - Harry Connick Jnr
Stand by Me - Whoever sang that
You're my first my last. My everything - Barry White
Songbird - Eva Cassidy

Not sure on the order yet but we will have a up tempo song followed by a slow one

Hope this helps Hun.

Xxx.

The Greatest Thing You'll Ever Learn, is Just to Love and be Loved in Return

01/05/2012 at 16:41
Wow Sparkle_Charlie you are all sorted!! We've decided on Bruno Mars - Marry You too and Jason Mraz - I won't give up but don't know what to have whilst we're signing the registry. Who knew choosing songs was so hard! X

01/05/2012 at 16:50
I didn't think we were actually until I wrote all that out! Lol!!!

I know, it is so difficult to know what to pick and what sets the right tone without being too cheesy or too slushy... It helped to use a lot of songs I would have loved for a first dance but we ended up not having, kind of a 'b' list

Hope that helps.

Xxx.

01/05/2012 at 16:58
Thanks for this thread. I didn't even think about the music for when people were coming in. I choose 3 songs and thought that was all I needed oops!

I'm going to walk down the "aisle " too - Amy Winehouse's version of To know him is to love him-the words mean a lot to us but everytime I've heard it I've got emotional so fingers crossed!

Signing the register we are having Foo fighters - ever long- my H2B's fav song!

Leaving ceremony- Jason Mraz - I'm yours . The words are great and my H2B brought me a ukulele because I like the sound of it on this song- hopefully by wedding I'll be able to play it
01/05/2012 at 17:10
I think we're sorted with the waiting songs, ever since I was a little girl I've always loved Pachebel Canon from Father of the Bride so having that played as a piano version as I walk down the aisle, we've chosen Jennifer Hudson-Love You I do for when we are signing the registry and Boyce Avenue's version of Forever (Chris Brown) for when we walk back up the aisle.
I don't know if I need anymore songs for the time between the end of the vows and whilst people are waiting for us to sign the register? Xxx

07/05/2012 at 03:20
Well my registrar recommended us having two songs while we sign the registrar, so maybe have another up your sleeve?

Love all the songs ladies, gorgeous!!!

Xxxx.

Your say
email image