Newlyweds

My fellow newlyweds....

1 to 12 of 12 posts

Bridezilla

When does it stop being acceptable to wear bride pjs and slippers, robes etc lol!?! 

I'm 6 weeks post wedding and think I'm clinging on to wedding all I can!!! Is anyone else mourning the loss of wedding excitement!?

Bridezilla

Totally went through a mourning stage! I haven’t actually worn my bride robe since the wedding... but i’ve definitely put the dress on a few times around the house haha! I am 8 months post wedding and fortunately no longer upset about it being over but still think about it every day and always wishing I could do it again.

Fortunately my husband loved it all just as much as I did and felt the same way as soon as it was over- always talking about wishing we could do it again. I’ve taken to Pinterest and this site even more post wedding than I did before! Planning alternate weddings as well as looking through my wedding photos. Not because I wish anything had gone differently but because it was such a special experience for me that it’s hard to accept that it’s all done.

Bridezilla

I'm the same and it's nearly 3 years on!!! We both say on a regular basis that we wish we could do it all over again because it simply was one of the best days of our lives and the guests had a blast too which obviously helps!

I also wish I could do it all over again because since that day I've lost 5 stone and wish I could be a thin (albeit a little wobbly) bride but hey ho, we can't have everything! I mentioned this to hubby last night and his reply was "You were a beautiful bride and don't let anyone tell you otherwise!"

He's a keeper...or he's after something, one of the 2! 

Wedding addict

I say wear them for as long as you want! Might as well get good use out of them :) I personally don't have feeling of 'mourning' for the wedding and my life has gone pretty much back to normal. I do wish we could do the whole day again as it was so much fun, especially the dancing in the evening! 

Bridezilla

New ways of wasting time on Pinterest - how to display your photos.

Bridezilla

Hubby told me the day after we got married that I'm no longer allowed to wear my Bride slippers and robe lol (because he enjoys ribbing me, he's not actually mean!).  I still wear them

It's okay though, just buy loads of stuff saying 'wifey' instead

Bridezilla

My wedding is 4 months away and I already know I will have this issue. 

...So I bought a robe which says 'Mrs D' rather than bride to be, so I can carry on wearing it after 😂

My planning thread: 

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/ramblings-of-an-overexcited-bride-to-be-planning-our-march-2018-big-day/426845.html

Bridezilla

I mourned my prev wedding terribly!  I agree with the prev post, wear them as much as you like. I'm sure that eventually you will tire of wearing them and move on...when you're ready to.

Bridezilla

It's funny - I was very worried I'd have the post-wedding blues and want to revisit the wedding over and over, look at the photos over and over ... I had just 18 weeks to plan and didn't feel I could fully immerse myself and luxuriate in planning.

But I'm just happy to be married to my husband!  I've looked through the photos a couple of times - we've yet to sit down and choose the top dozen or so for our album - and we're even wondering if we'll have one!

Normal pre-wedding life has resumed, but with the added joy and wonder that 'we did it!' - and we often hug each other with happiness that we did!

Bridezilla

Epiphany wrote (see post):

Normal pre-wedding life has resumed, but with the added joy and wonder that 'we did it!' - and we often hug each other with happiness that we did!

3 years on nearly and we still come home from work and greet each other with "Hello Wife", "Hello Husband". I will never get bored of calling him that because he was the eternal bachelor so a miracle occurred on that day lol  

New bride

DrD-to-be wrote (see post):

My wedding is 4 months away and I already know I will have this issue. 

...So I bought a robe which says 'Mrs D' rather than bride to be, so I can carry on wearing it after 😂

Very good idea, thanks for this..thats what imma do :)