Planning

2019 brides!

241 to 260 of 269 posts

New bride

Can I join? Congratulations for the engagements to all of you!

We're getting married 25th May 2019. So far we've got booked the venue, caterer, band and photographer. And I've ordered a dress! I can't wait to see it again, I keep looking at my photos - only hope it's as good as I remember when I go back to be fitted!

Started thinking about hair and make up now, but I have to decide where I'm getting ready in the morning first. Basically our venue is about 50 minutes from my parents house so I was thinking about getting ready there but I'm worried if there's traffic on the journey I'll be really stressed out. But I don't know if I want to get ready in a hotel for my wedding  

What's everyone else doing?

New bride

Els34 wrote (see post):

We're getting married 25th May 2019. So far we've got booked the venue, caterer, band and photographer. And I've ordered a dress! I can't wait to see it again, I keep looking at my photos - only hope it's as good as I remember when I go back to be fitted!

Started thinking about hair and make up now, but I have to decide where I'm getting ready in the morning first. Basically our venue is about 50 minutes from my parents house so I was thinking about getting ready there but I'm worried if there's traffic on the journey I'll be really stressed out. But I don't know if I want to get ready in a hotel for my wedding  

Most venues we looked at, including the one we booked, provide a complimentary bridal suit which you can use as a dressing room in the morning and to sleep in that evening. 

Wedding addict

Els34 wrote (see post):

Els we're date buddies!! How exciting. 

We've booked church, venue, day and evening caterers, photographer, and sent save the dates. 

I'm going to start looking at dresses in April/ May (once I have lost some weight urgh) and we need to do the fun stuff now like sort out entertainment! 

New bride

Hi all,

I've just joined this site, it seems super helpful! We're getting married on 25th May 2019 too! Seems a popular date. It's exciting to see other brides planning for the same date.

So far we've booked the venue (incl. catering) and the photographer and sent out the save the dates. So lots more to do! I'm currently on the search for bands and hair & make-up...

New bride

Finally decided to write a post on this thread!

Recently engaged (September 2017), and planning on getting married in September 2019 and I am just so excited! 

So far, we have the venue which includes pretty much includes everything (bar, catering, etc), booked the ceremony area, booked the registrar, booked someone to do my hair (I am doing my own make up to cut costs), booked the photographer, started collecting candles for the decoration and bought my dress! Now we are looking at bands as we are definitely keen on having live music! 

I'm debating on if wedding insurance is necessary... Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Did you get wedding insurance? If so, what were your reasons, etc? 

Wedding addict

Caroline165 wrote (see post):

Finally decided to write a post on this thread!

Recently engaged (September 2017), and planning on getting married in September 2019 and I am just so excited! 

So far, we have the venue which includes pretty much includes everything (bar, catering, etc), booked the ceremony area, booked the registrar, booked someone to do my hair (I am doing my own make up to cut costs), booked the photographer, started collecting candles for the decoration and bought my dress! Now we are looking at bands as we are definitely keen on having live music! 

I'm debating on if wedding insurance is necessary... Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Did you get wedding insurance? If so, what were your reasons, etc? 

Congratulations Caroline- mega organised! 

We got wedding insurance with John Lewis. I got 10% off using a code from a wedding fair (WED1) and also cashback using topcashback. 

I've heard too many horror stories to not take it out! I think ours ended up being around £80 (without the cashback) so in the grand scheme of things I felt it was worth it. I think it largely depends on your budget and own financial circumstances though. My thought was if (touch wood it doesn't!) the caterers for example go bust the week before the wedding, would I be able to afford to lose that money.. no. 

It's a personal decision though :) 

New bride

I didn't know there was something like wedding insurance, interesting

Wedding addict

Afterallthistime wrote (see post):

Is anyone else who started planning early last year feeling a bit of a lull? we booked our venue in march last year so everything is now at that funny stage of being as done as it can be, but too early to press on if that makes sense? Anyone else feeling it? 

Not at all - we booked our venue last February and the photographer and transport around September time, it's been full steam ahead and making the most of the sales that are on right now! We've got everything we need for our centrepieces (glittered pine cones and battery fairy lights for a few quid) and I got my hair piece reduced to £8.50 from £28 at John Lewis. Also got my bride robe for £4 in the Asda sale. Got two Katie Loxton pouches as bridesmaids gifts for half price and some packets of tissues from Cath Kidston for my maids and MOB for 50p each. Loving it!

New bride

Thank you GinAndBling! I'll definitely look into wedding insurance! Sounds like a reasonable thing to get! 

LisaDToBe I am fully taking advantage of the sales as well! Just got my bridesmaid dresses which were reduced to £35 from £50 each!

New bride

Is anyone else who started planning early last year feeling a bit of a lull? we booked our venue in march last year so everything is now at that funny stage of being as done as it can be, but too early to press on if that makes sense? Anyone else feeling it? 

I'm definitely in a lull....we are getting married in October 2019, and we have booked all the main things as I didn't want to miss out on the photographer etc that I wanted. Now those things are booked I am almost having to stop myself from booking things so that I actually have something left to do later on!!! I much rather it was this way though than a mad panic! I am just desperate to go dress shopping but it is far too early!! 

Bridezilla

Hun, I am feeling your pain right now! I feel exactly the same, and have done for a couple of months now tbh! We've had so much other stuff going on that wedding planning just hasn't entered into the equation. That being said, we have our tasting at the venue this weekend, and I'm very excited for that! Hopefully doing that will bring the wedding back up our pecking order a bit  

xXx

New bride

How early is too early to book things?

So far we have booked venue, registrar, string quartet for the ceremony and drinks reception, photographer, bought my wedding shoes and in the process of deciding on and booking our cake (when I finally decide on someone that isn't double our budget!)

Is 16 months away still too early to be booking hair and makeup/ venue decoration? Which are the next things on my list to do 🙈

X

New bride

Hey everyone!!!

we are getting married on 10th May 2019, still feels so long away. We got engaged in September on holiday 😁😁😁

so far we have booked, church,venue & photographer. I have bought my bridesmaids dresses too! Next job is videographer but shocked at how expensive they are!!!

New bride

MayBride2019 wrote (see post):

Hi all,

I've just joined this site, it seems super helpful! We're getting married on 25th May 2019 too! Seems a popular date. It's exciting to see other brides planning for the same date.

So far we've booked the venue (incl. catering) and the photographer and sent out the save the dates. So lots more to do! I'm currently on the search for bands and hair & make-up...

Hello to another May Bride hello 👋 

we are the 10th May!!!! I just LOVE May and it was always our month of choice 

Bridezilla

EloiseH wrote (see post):

How early is too early to book things?

So far we have booked venue, registrar, string quartet for the ceremony and drinks reception, photographer, bought my wedding shoes and in the process of deciding on and booking our cake (when I finally decide on someone that isn't double our budget!)

Is 16 months away still too early to be booking hair and makeup/ venue decoration? Which are the next things on my list to do 🙈

X

We’ve booked 

venue

registrar

florist

photographer 

videographer 

photo booth

pianist

chair covers

easel

post box 

vr machine 

hair & make up 

dj

our wedding ring making 

cake of cheese 

about to put a deposit on singing waiter & glitter face painter 

also bought, my dress, underwear, shoes, veil & hair halo, my daughters flower girl dress & cake topper (regular & cheese) 

Wedding addict

MrsBAMF wrote (see post):

Hun, I am feeling your pain right now! I feel exactly the same, and have done for a couple of months now tbh! We've had so much other stuff going on that wedding planning just hasn't entered into the equation. That being said, we have our tasting at the venue this weekend, and I'm very excited for that! Hopefully doing that will bring the wedding back up our pecking order a bit  

xXx

Now when I read things like this, I get really worried. We've had no contact with our venue since we paid the deposit last February. With the receipt there was a letter saying that the next meeting would be arranged for August 2018 and a final meeting in January 2019.

I see you're not getting married until 4 months after me and you've got a tasting session this weekend!  Am I right to be worried?