Planning

2019 brides!

1 to 20 of 297 posts

Wedding addict

Hello All,

I wanted to get a thread going for 2019 brides - I'm sure there are lots of you out there...I can't be the only one to be planning this far in advance *blushing*

We've booked our venue and registrar! 24th August 2019 :)

The unusual thing is....we're not 'officially' engaged - although some say you don't need a ring/proposal to be engaged. Our parents know and have been to view the venue. The only other people that know are 2 of our friends who are already married (we loved the band they had at their wedding but couldn't ask for their contact details without giving the game away!) and some of my OH's work colleagues, because he drunkenly let it slip at his work's Christmas party! tut tut haha

I know my OH has the ring and will be proposing at some point this year, but I've said I'm in no rush for the proposal because I want to lose a bit of weight before he 'pops the question' and I'm actually enjoying planning it in secret - it takes away a bit of the pressure of wedding planning I guess!

We'll book a few of the important things over the next couple of months, but then I'm hoping we can relax a bit after that and take things at a slower pace.

We met with a photographer at the weekend and instantly felt at ease with him and both love his work. I've looked at so many other photographers in the area but we kept coming back to him because he provides a second shooter and an assistant all day and stays 2 hours after the first dance to take pictures of the evening reception. We're just waiting on a contract from him and then we'll pay the deposit to get him booked.

I've been emailing the band our friends had at their wedding - they seem fab! They do 4.5 hours (3x 1hour sets and DJ in between) as well as providing all the lighting for the dancefloor area. I'm slightly nervous about booking the band so early, especially since they are only semi-professional - but they have played at our venue many times, have won a couple of awards and we loved them at our friends' wedding! We have a quote from them but its about £200 more than our friend's paid for them last year (and their wedding was further away so their travel costs would've been higher). Do you think I can haggle with a band?

I'd like to hear from other brides (or grooms!) planning a 2019 wedding!

Happy planning x

Bridezilla

Ha, the above is a bit like me.  We are not officially engaged,  No one knows, apart from our family jeweller as we have already got the ring.  We haven't booked anything yet though, and are probably not likely to for a little while as we are just about to move and spend an inordinate amount of money on a new house so venue deposits etc will have to take a back burner.  We are definitely 2019 though, and possibly even August.  I have seen a venue I love, but we haven't visited it yet :-)  

Bridezilla

Two years isn't that far in advance really, I suspect it's probably about average nowadays with the expense of weddings!

In regards to the band, you might be able to get them down but don't forget that the cost will naturally increase with inflation, every supplier will increase their prices year on year so don't be disappointed if you don't manage to get a deal!

Good luck with the rest of your planning!

Bridezilla

I'm 2019 bride too 😊

My fiancé thinks I'm mad for arranging stuff already but we're getting married in Santorini so I want to be organised

Wedding addict

MrsStobe4 wrote (see post):

Two years isn't that far in advance really, I suspect it's probably about average nowadays with the expense of weddings!

In regards to the band, you might be able to get them down but don't forget that the cost will naturally increase with inflation, every supplier will increase their prices year on year so don't be disappointed if you don't manage to get a deal!

Good luck with the rest of your planning!

Yeah I realised I was looking at the wrong column on our friends' planning spreadsheet! I was looking at their estimated cost, not what they actually paid.

The band offered us a £50 discount! I'm chuffed with that :) I just need to sign their contract and pay the deposit!

Wedding addict

Rekss101 wrote (see post):

Hello! How exciting, finally a thread for us 2019 Brides 

I was starting to think I'm a little too enthusiastic too soon hehe 

We are getting married in January 2019 but haven't booked a thing so far and have only seen one venue which was totally out of budget eek!

Congratulations! It's so exciting isn't it?! :) we've been discussing our wedding since August last year and actually planning it since September! Now we're into 2017 I thought it was about time we had a thread on here!

I'd echo what Kelly said - try to be as prepared as possible and start searching for a venue now. Particulary since you're planning for January 2019. It's not that far away really!! We knew we wanted the August bank holiday Saturday so made sure we booked our venue early (we booked ours at the end of November last year)

Bridezilla

I'm a 2019 bride too! We haven't booked anything yet though as I I'm in the process of moving the contents of my house into his, bit of a nightmare . So the real planning will start in March.  This will be second time round for both of us and I'm looking forward to planning it together as he is keen to be really involved, unlike my first wedding where I made all the decisions! 

San

New bride

March 2019 bride here! Viewing a venue on Friday but we already know we want the place so we just want to go and see the logistics of the place really, and find out any hidden charges! Doing it in two years so that we can save up enough and make sure we get as much as we want for the day, although we're both happy to save in some areas so we can spend in others. I'll be doing my own make up and my entire outfit should hopefully be less than £300, staying all in the same venue to cut down on transport, going to DIY our decorations and centrepieces and stuff. Looking forward to organising it all to be honest! 

Wedding addict

GettinWifed wrote (see post):

March 2019 bride here! Viewing a venue on Friday but we already know we want the place so we just want to go and see the logistics of the place really, and find out any hidden charges! Doing it in two years so that we can save up enough and make sure we get as much as we want for the day, although we're both happy to save in some areas so we can spend in others. I'll be doing my own make up and my entire outfit should hopefully be less than £300, staying all in the same venue to cut down on transport, going to DIY our decorations and centrepieces and stuff. Looking forward to organising it all to be honest! 

Congrats! You sound very organised already! How did the venue viewing go?

New bride

I'm a 2019 bride, engaged at Christmas, venue already chosen! Finding the venue was easy, but now I'm really struggling with what date to pick!
Our venue so far only has a handful of dates booked for 2019 so I really can have whatever date I want, I thought this would help but it's done the opposite!
I've had my heart set on Mauritius for honeymoon, but when it's nice in Mauritius, it's not so nice here from what I've found online. 25/27 degrees just isn't hot enough, and I kind of want to avoid the humidity because who wants to spend the honeymoon looking like a total frizz hair ball?!?

Bridezilla

I've delayed my honeymoon 3/4 months for the same reason- the weather doesn't align for both! We wanted a summer wedding but the Orlando and Caribbean in the summer is a no-no. I'm really really glad we've done it this way as it gives me something big to look forward to after the wedding, and to fill the planning gap in my life. We are having a little minimoon to Majorca for 4 nights straight after the wedding as well.

New bride

Gradette wrote (see post):

JoanneS, could you go for your honeymoon later? or do you have your heart set on going straight away?

Would love to, but h2b has his heart set on flying straight after. I mentioned how about a mini-moon, I love the idea of Iceland for 4/5 days, but he didn't seem too keen. May have to do some subtle hints and try convince him!

Sammykate, what month are you going? I just love the idea of Mauritius! Would be good to have something to look forward to, even after the wedding as I've heard it's quite a bump back to earth with nothing to look forward to once it's all over!

Bridezilla

JoanneS wrote (see post):
Gradette wrote (see post):

JoanneS, could you go for your honeymoon later? or do you have your heart set on going straight away?

Would love to, but h2b has his heart set on flying straight after. I mentioned how about a mini-moon, I love the idea of Iceland for 4/5 days, but he didn't seem too keen. May have to do some subtle hints and try convince him!

Sammykate, what month are you going? I just love the idea of Mauritius! Would be good to have something to look forward to, even after the wedding as I've heard it's quite a bump back to earth with nothing to look forward to once it's all over!

I'm getting married in June and doing the Honeymoon in October! Just tell him he gets 2 holidays instead of 1 if you have a minimoon and honeymoon haha. It's funny, I also wanted to fly somewhere straight after the wedding even if it was just a minimoon, but my H2B isn't bothered at all and I'm convinced he would happily go back to work the day after! Men are so weird.

New bride

I might go down the 'but we'll have two holidays this way', how can anyone say no to that?

I'm dying to get the venue booked, I really want a May/June wedding, warm but not too warm. I went to a wedding last Aug, and it was so unbearably hot, I don't know how the bride coped in her big dress!