Planning

Cost of a wedding fireworks display (bonfire night weekend) HELP!

1 to 11 of 11 posts

Wedding addict

Hi,

I just wanted to get some advice on a fireworks package I am looking at buying. My wedding is on 3.11.18, which is obviously 2 days prior to bonfire night. We booked the date having looked at various firework packages online for around £700 for 7 mins. Since booking the venue, we have called some of these companies, who have all said that they can’t offer the date, or that the price will be around £2000+ since it is the busiest time of year.

I have found one company is willing to charge me £1100 for a 6-7 mins display. This is seems like a huge price to pay when their website only says it should be £700 for a 7-8 min display. Because of this, I have been hesitant in booking and haven’t yet put down my deposit. Although it is the cheapest quote I’ve got, do you think to is an unreasonable price to pay? 

Is anyone else having fireworks around bonfire night? How much are you paying and how long is the display?

p.s. my venue only allows fireworks to be fired from a recognised company with valid insurance so I would be unable to buy and set off any diy display kits.

New bride

We had a quick look but we were looking at displays with music. These were coming up at £950-£1600 in May 2018. I think having a display for 5 minutes is best, the longer it is the less dramatic it is. I've been to some rubbish firework displays that go on for too long and they get boring. 

Is the £1100 fully inclusive of VAT? If so i'd say that was a reasonable price x

Wedding addict

HelenN wrote (see post):

We had a quick look but we were looking at displays with music. These were coming up at £950-£1600 in May 2018. I think having a display for 5 minutes is best, the longer it is the less dramatic it is. I've been to some rubbish firework displays that go on for too long and they get boring. 

Is the £1100 fully inclusive of VAT? If so i'd say that was a reasonable price x

The display we’d get isn’t a high impact display - so I hope its not boring as you suggested! The reason it’s so expensive is because it’s on bonfire night weekend so companies tend to charge a premium. Yes, the price is VAT inclusive.

Wedding addict

Laura349 wrote (see post):

We’re getting married ON bonfire night 2018 !! We’ve been quoted (from a local firm in our town) £950 for 15 minutes! 

It seems a lot but when you only intend on getting married once and it’s bonfire night (and your budget allows you to do so) I don’t see why not lol 

Do you mind me asking what company that’s with? 

Bridezilla

Nottinghamshirebride wrote (see post):

We’re getting married ON bonfire night 2018 !! We’ve been quoted (from a local firm in our town) £950 for 15 minutes! 

It seems a lot but when you only intend on getting married once and it’s bonfire night (and your budget allows you to do so) I don’t see why not lol 

Not at all! It’s a company called Rainbow Fireworks. They’re based in Lincolnshire.

They’re friends of my uncle so they may have added a few fireworks in but their pricing still isn’t bad on their website 

Wedding addict

Nottinghamshirebride wrote (see post):

Not at all! It’s a company called Rainbow Fireworks. They’re based in Lincolnshire.

They’re friends of my uncle so they may have added a few fireworks in but their pricing still isn’t bad on their website 

Thanks for that! I’ll get in touch with them. I wonder if I can wangle the same price 😂

New bride

Hi, I got married 4th Nov 2017 and we had fireworks. 

The venue we got married at had a contract with a preferred supplier and because it was fireworks we had to use them. They said because they worked with our venu regularly they would honour the normal price. This was £700 and was about 10 minutes. 

They said if they had not been the preferred supplier we would have had to pay the standard minimum for a bonfire weekend display which was 10,000! 

I would ven a chat with your venue and also with their recommended firework suppliers. I think that would be the best way to get a good deal!

Good luck! 

Wedding addict

Samantha156 wrote (see post):

Hi, I got married 4th Nov 2017 and we had fireworks. 

The venue we got married at had a contract with a preferred supplier and because it was fireworks we had to use them. They said because they worked with our venu regularly they would honour the normal price. This was £700 and was about 10 minutes. 

They said if they had not been the preferred supplier we would have had to pay the standard minimum for a bonfire weekend display which was 10,000! 

I would ven a chat with your venue and also with their recommended firework suppliers. I think that would be the best way to get a good deal!

Good luck! 

Thabks for that! Our venue is very good in the fact they don’t don’t have a list of suppliers that we have to use, they leave all of those decisions entirely down to us. 

I have now managed to find a company that have offered a 10 minute display for £1000 and are even throwing in a lancework heart with our initials to end the show. It just so happens that they know the venue snd have put on wedding displays there before, which works out great! 

New bride

Hi,

Fireworks are a fantastic addition to a wedding reception.

One thing I would add which people forgot about....Getting on average 100+ guests in and out of the venue takes time...usually at least 30-40 minutes.

If it's November time then you can aim for it earlier...summertime is difficult because it's not dark until 10ish. But....if you also want a big party plus a full dancefloor the timings are really important so liase with venue, fireworks & band to make sure your evening works.

James

New bride

It didn't take 30-40 mins for our hundred guests to get outside. They guests all knew in advance so could have coats to hand. 

We 

a) put it in our order if the day so Day guests knew the time in advance

b) had the DJ and master of ceremonies both make announcements about the fireworks at the start of the evening. 

It took around 10 minutes for our guests to get outside, some however watched from windows inside as they didn't want to get cold.