Planning

suprise singers

1 to 10 of 10 posts

New bride

Hi everyone, I hope you are well!

Has anyone had or been to a wedding that had surprise singers during the meal?

can you recommend them? Personally I feel like they could go down like a lead balloon and be a little cringey. 

id like to know if peoples experiences because I think it could be fun! but at a cost of around £1k I don't want to waste my money if not!

TIA xx

New bride

I love them but that's because I love music and I am a singer myself.

You need to remember that not everyone likes music as much as others.

But if it isn't done in a musical theatre way - and is tasteful and not too over the top it could be just beautiful.

Like flash mob, there are lots of videos of this happening on youtube and like you say some are awfully cringey but others aren't. Have a look... I would certainly love to see this and would Love to have my own at my wedding if it was in my budget.

Bridezilla

That stuff makes me cringe, even worse if they try to make you join in

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Bridezilla

Ive never been to a wedding where they had them, but i am an events planner for a local charity and i used them for a ladies day last year. They were acting as waiters throughout the meal and one of them, acting as the manager, was being really rude to the other one, acting as the new guy.  I missed a lot of the build up cause i was busy elsewhere, but it ended with 'the new guy' throwing a tray on the floor and shouting at him, everyone started cheering as they saw how he's been treated, and the next minute they broke into song. Most people loved it as it was so unexpected, but a couple of the older ones just couldn't get their head around the concept and didn't get it at all! 

I found out afterwards that the venue manager had had loads of complaints about the rude waiter! Luckily they knew what was going on!

I must admit though, if i was a guest at a wedding and all that went on i would cringe, but everything makes me cringe! 

Bridezilla

You have to know your audience I guess...I would find it really cringey, but I know certain relatives and friends of mine would love it!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

I would find it really cringey, n i don't think it would of gone down well with our guests.  Things like this always seem 2 be trying a bit to hard 4 my taste, sorry.

Wedding addict

I have to echo the previous posters, I’m afraid. I’d find it really cringey too, really not a fan of things like this...

Bridezilla

I thought I would agree with the others, as it wasn't something I ever thought I would enjoy, but when you actually see it in person it is completely different.  I guess it largely depends on who you book, but the guys that I have seen were amazing.  Everyone loved them and it really raised everyone's spirits and became a talking point.  Like anything, if done well it will be amazing.

Bridezilla

Agree with all of the above.  Cringe. Awkward. Etc.

It reminds me of something you'd see in a romcom with everyone joining in, perfectly in tune, everyone model-beautiful.  And that's not IRL.

Bridezilla

Well as much as everyone doesn’t like the idea we’re having it at our Wedding and I’ve been to a couple of Weddings before and they went down absolutely amazingly (so much so that we’re using the same company as our friends, changing the songs though so it’s not the same). We’re using these guys - www.undercoverartists.co.uk, theyre really lovely and to be honest it’s the part I’m looking forward to most (apart from the getting married bit of course haha). Just a shame we have to wait until next July, our friends are the kind who would be up for a laugh though and not take this kind of thing too seriously,

Jx