Planning

Time off before Saturday wedding

1 to 20 of 23 posts

New bride

I'm trying to work out how much time I should book off for a Saturday wedding. I work Mon-Fri but thought I should probably take at least two days off prior just to make sure everything's ready. What would you suggested?

Bridezilla

My wedding is on a Sunday and I expect I will finish work on the Tuesday that week, I was factoring in a couple of beauty things like waxing, tan, nails etc. and  I really don't want to be rushed with anything!  My ideal situation would be that I get to the Saturday with nothing left to do except drop stuff to the venue and maybe picking up my dress if I don't do it earlier in the week - that's the plan anyway!!

Bridezilla

My wedding is Sunday and I'll also finish Tues! So I have weds-sat to sort everything and beautify. Weds is an open day to sort out anything that needs doing and Thurs-Fri are already looking busy with beauty treatments, picking up my dress and things like that! Then Sat is for dropping stuff off at the venue and anything else that needs doing last minute. I want to give myself space to do everything without running round like a headless chicken!

~*My planning thread*~

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/planning-thread--summer-in-the-cotswolds-2017/418589.html

Bridezilla

I've booked two days off before. Should be fine!

New bride

I'm getting married on a Saturday too but I'm only planning to take the Friday before off. Don't think we'll have much to do in the days before anyway and I was worried about getting bored waiting around! Would rather save my holidays for after the wedding but depends if you think you'll need the extra days off before.

Wedding addict

I have just one day off before, but I think I would drive myself round the bend otherwise... and probably end up reaching for the biscuit tin one too many times!

Bridezilla

I've got the weds-fri off before our Saturday wedding but we are at the venue from Friday 

Wedding thread:

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/my-november-wedding/435410.html

Bridezilla

My wedding is a Friday and I'm also finishing on the Tuesday... now worrying that this won't be enough time! But I think 2 days should be enough.

As we're getting married a couple of hours away from where we live, near parents, we're planning to travel down on the Tuesday evening with my dress, H2B's suit etc. We'll have dropped off all the venue bits the weekend before. Wednesday is going to be a pamper day for me and mum, then Thursday decorating the church and a family meal...

I agree with the ladies above though, better to have more time so you can take it easy!

Bridezilla

We get married next Saturday and I have Thurs & Fri off. Thursday I have waxing, nails & spray tan booked and a lot of time for last minute things (or hopefully just relaxing and enjoying some time together) then Friday we are going to my parents in the morning, dropping the wine at the venue, having our church rehearsal and that's about it.

Depending on how DIY your wedding is, I think 2 days is fine. To be honest I probably only needed one day off before as our venue does most of the work for us, but it's nice to feel so chilled.

I would recommend trying not to book up the few weekends leading up to your wedding, it will definitely make you less stressed. We have a free weekend this weekend and we're all sorted wedding wise so it will be nice to relax ahead if the big day

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-wedding-reports/our-wedding-report---mr-and-mrs-w-april-2017/439143.html 

Bridezilla

I had the full week off - but we had a marquee wedding so that went up during the week so we spend a lot of time at our venue that week!

I had 2 weeks off in total - the week before & week after as we had a minimoon after, then took a longer honeymoon over New Years (I was off for 3 weeks - it was bliss!)

Bridezilla

the school breaks up for summer hols the week before but im climbing up ben nevis the saturday before, and then at my daughters house for 3 days before coming home making fruit cake(grooms cake) and wedding favours then set up venue on the friday afternoon, then go to hotel and get married on the saturday.  

Bridezilla

I'm getting married on a Sunday and my last day will be Thursday so I'll have Friday/Saturday to get ready.  I'm having my eyelashes done on the Friday and my nails on the Saturday - I'm sure I'll find other things to fill the days with but I couldn't get any more time off work than that as I'm taking 3 weeks straight after the wedding for honeymoon!!  I think take what you can, and you'll make it work 

Bridezilla

I'm getting married on a Saturday and was planning on working mon-wed and having thurs and fri off. But my boss thinks I should not work Wednesday and only do two shifts that week. I will probably do that since she suggested it herself (!) as I work 13 hours shifts so when I do 3 back-to-back I then usually spend one day not really doing much and recovering. I mean I could do stuff the day after if I have to but don't want to be exhausted in the lead up to and on the day of the wedding.

Bridezilla

My wedding is Saturday and I've booked off wed thurs Friday x

Bridezilla

Hi BurgundyBride

I think a lot depends on what sort of wedding you are having - if there is a venue that does all the table setting-up and a florist will bring the flowers and set up etc, and you aren't doing your own cooking and catering, then 2 days may well be enough.  You should be able to get your nails done etc in that time.

But if you are the one in charge of getting the bunting up, sweeping the village hall, arranging flowers, baking cakes etc, then 2 days isn't really enough unless you have a lot of help.

Julybride is right - if you've only got a day or two you'll make it work - if you have longer you'll enjoy that too!

Hope you have a fantastic day x

Bridezilla

I'm getting married on a Tuesday but traveling down to the destination on the Friday before (over 6 hours away from where I live) I've booked the Wednesday and Thursday off so I have two days to do everything I need to do and be as relaxed as possible. 

Bridezilla

I get married on a Saturday and im working right up until the Friday, the day before the wedding 😂🙈.  To be fair I can finish work at 12. I used most of my leave for the honeymoon (took 3 weeks off). I'll get my nails/ wax done after work. I assume the majority are D.I.Y brides hence the time off before the wedding. Most of my suppliers will set up on the day and all I need to do is take the drinks up to the venue, which is 20min drive from my house. I did think about doing 37.5hrs in 4 days and taking the Friday off but I don't want to over do it. Here's to hoping the lead up to the wedding won't be stressful (wishful thinking)!