Planning

What wedding related thing have you done today?

641 to 660 of 666 posts

Wedding addict

Got dress fitting this afternoon, and off to look for younger bridesmaids headbands this morning xx

Bridezilla

My dad turns 60 on Wednesday so I messaged him today to ask what to buy him because I have no idea and he replied that as he and my mum would love to contribute to the wedding but can’t afford to that I should just save the money towards that.

I’m really touched by this but my mum turned 60 last September and my sister’s and I put money together to buy her a laptop so I feel mean not getting my dad anything.

H2B thinks I should get him something small and then put the money I’ve saved towards the wedding but ah still not sure.

New bride

MrsPBtobe wrote (see post):

My dad turns 60 on Wednesday so I messaged him today to ask what to buy him because I have no idea and he replied that as he and my mum would love to contribute to the wedding but can’t afford to that I should just save the money towards that.

I’m really touched by this but my mum turned 60 last September and my sister’s and I put money together to buy her a laptop so I feel mean not getting my dad anything.

H2B thinks I should get him something small and then put the money I’ve saved towards the wedding but ah still not sure.

ah what a tough one! what did you do in the end?

Bridezilla

Not anything relating to my own wedding since mine has been and gone but it is my grandparents 48th wedding anniversary today 

Bridezilla

I do Parkrun every Saturday and it’s just changed location to the park where our registry office is and I was walking back to my car towards the building and it looks so gorgeous and got me even more excited that it’s less than a year to go. 

Bridezilla

I found my dress! And I am the cliche of picking a totally different style than expected.

Bridezilla

Congrats MrsPBtobe - I got mine yesterday!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

New bride

I'm looking at invitation designs to get Ideas. 

On Friday I saved enough for us to get married in the registry office room we want 
And yesterday I purchased bits for my hen night - no date but grabbed it before It goes out of stock. 

Bridezilla

I’m going to be filling 2 more boxes that I got from Work with wedding decorations and updating lists, spreadsheets and other bits and pieces. 

New bride

MrsPBtobe wrote (see post):

I found my dress! And I am the cliche of picking a totally different style than expected.

same here!!

New bride

Playing with invite designs & 
I put £20 from my personal spending money into my wedding savings.

Wedding addict

Today I will be updating to do list, photo must have lists, seating plans, paying final venue deposit tmw, and have my hen night Friday xx

Bridezilla

Yesterday my parents met H2B’s parents for the first time at our house and we gave them the first save the dates.

Wedding addict

Our wedding rings were delivered on Saturday, very happy with them. H2b just needs to try his on again as he was gardening etc Saturday and it was snug. We got them from smooch and must say I’ve had a really good experience with them. Things to do this week are decide on readings for our civil ceremony and songs for the ceremony. Also pay for the honeymoon!xx 

Bridezilla

Our wedding band are playing a gig tonight so we’re going to watch.

New bride

Not done too much today. 

I added some decor ideas and things for the wedding on my "wedding planning" Amazon shopping list, may make a few little purchases such as table confetti etc. 

I also had a thought of using my special disney tea cups, big storm trooper and darth vader collectable toys as decor too 

Yesterday I was looking for decor again but also M.O.H gifts, favors and bouquets

New bride

Very early morning shopping! 

Purchased these shoes to wear with my wedding dress

£5 (3.95 p&p) from everything5pounds.com