17/11/2008 at 15:09
Hiya

Just wanted some suggestions on what to do for my wedding day.

Im having a cold fork buffet for the reception around about 3pm-ish, then we're moving to a village hall to have our wedding party around 6-7pm.

Im really stuck on what food to provide for the evening, Im hoping to hire a chocolate foundation but that won't be very filling! Don't really want to provide another buffet.

Anyone have any ideas?
18/11/2008 at 03:53
How about a hog roast. I went to a wedding earlier this year and they had a hog roast, it went down a storm, everyone loved it and it was not just pork, they also had turkey and beef.
18/11/2008 at 07:21
We're having bacon, sausage and egg baps at our evening do. We're also serving the wedding cake at the same time. We're getting the baps for £2.50 per head so works out loads cheaper than a buffet.
18/11/2008 at 09:12
We are having bacon, sausage baps too.
Aswel as being cheaper i know I'd prefer a bacon bap to soak up teh booze compaired to buffet's which are always a bit of a bore.
18/11/2008 at 09:21
We are having hog roast for wedding reception.. so meat, salad, bread rolls etc... evening wise was thinking of ribs, chicken wings, potato skins etc but am wondering whether too picky and messy.. love the idea of sauage or bacon/Egg baps.. but do you think too much pork and bread?!?!?

any other idea?? something simple as my dad and father in law shall be doing it!! (reception in marquee in inlaws back garden!
18/11/2008 at 11:01
Why not have a BBQ..... maybe depending on the weather?! But it's a nice idea too.
The best thing about it being your wedding is that it can be unique as possible. Have something people will really enjoy after a drink of two. I think the bacon rolls and or bbq would go down a treat! he he xx
18/11/2008 at 11:27
Thanks for your ideas, they are great but I can't have too much meat, I have a lot of vegetarian friends who would be invited...what would I serve them!

Mrs_A2b - My wedding will be in October, so a BBQ would be a bit risky with the weather!
18/11/2008 at 11:38
How about having cheese & biscuits, chocolate fountain with fruit, marshmallows and then maybe just some savouries & dips?x
19/11/2008 at 16:07
How about cheese on toast 4 veggies? x
20/11/2008 at 04:30
Quoted:
How about having cheese & biscuits, chocolate fountain with fruit, marshmallows and then maybe just some savouries & dips?x

I like that, something simple. Thanks!
20/11/2008 at 05:34
We are having sausage and mash for the main meal about 4pm then doing bacon rolls, an enormous cheeseboard and wedding cake about 9pm.
We were going to do a hog roast but they cost a fortune! x
24/11/2008 at 04:32
We're serving cheese boards, tropical fruit platters and the wedding cake in the evening... x
Your say
email image