Receptions

Quick survey/question : what was the best wedding favour you have received?

21 to 33 of 33 posts

Bridezilla

Oh these look really cute Sammykate, really liking it!

Wedding addict

I think favours are a bit unnecessary, but if you want them I’m team food, all the way! Have has posh marshmallows, a cake pop (bride and groom themed), booze, chocolates - all good, although beware chocolates if its hot, my friend did Lindor truffles and they squished everywhere!

That said, I went to one wedding (OH’s friend) where all the men got flavoured vodka and the girls got jam! The girls on my table were all raging, some of us nicked the vodka when the boys were at the bar 😁 Why on earth they thought that we wouldn’t want a drink too, I have no idea... I dont think many of the jams made it off the table either!

We’re not doing favours. We are doing a free bar though, I figured that’s the best favour I can give! 

Wedding addict

I'm torn, the food/booze favours are all really nice but you're providing food at a wedding anyway so would you need another food item? (Just my thoughts)

We're torn between putting a small slab of chocolate with the guest's names on or bubbles (!!) x

Bridezilla

Team food/alcohol!

If it's a keepsake I either leave the favour behind (by accident or because it doesn't fit in my bag) or if it does make it's way home it probably ends up in draw somewhere and never looked at again :S 

We are either doing candycanes or none at all (had family & friends ask why we are bothering with them when guests dont really care lol)

I also agree with a previous poster, the idea that certain ages wont want alcohol because they are broody is bizarre to me! You can't plan your favours around the idea one or two guests may or may not be thinking of getting pregnant, and really one small shot of alcohol is not going to affect someone trying to get pregnant? If they really don't want it they can bin it or pass it on to someone who will drink it 

My Planning Thread - 'Tis The Season to be Married

SW - 10st 12lb

CW - 10st 4lb

GW - 8st 5lb       

Bridezilla

Thank you so much everyone, appreciate your help x

Bridezilla

The best wedding favour I‘ve receive was from a friends wedding Around a year and a half ago. It was a £1 scratch card - obviously most people didn’t win anything, but I’m sure a lucky few would have won a few pounds.

Honestly, if my friend wasn’t attending my wedding next year (soon to be this year!), I’d have probably done the same! But I don’t want to copy 😂

It was neither food or something you can keep - but I think most people liked the idea (of course you can’t please everyone!).

New bride

team something to keep

I assume youll be feeding guest so extra food is redundant, it usually goes in my purse and gets squished (ewww) although I dont mind traditional almonds for their historic meaning (plus they dont squash or melt)

alcohol or preserves might be ok (like jams or sauces in jars)

I like little things to keep, I havent received many before though only really a pin badge once

Bridezilla

Nottinghamshirebride wrote (see post):

The best wedding favour I‘ve receive was from a friends wedding Around a year and a half ago. It was a £1 scratch card - obviously most people didn’t win anything, but I’m sure a lucky few would have won a few pounds.

Honestly, if my friend wasn’t attending my wedding next year (soon to be this year!), I’d have probably done the same! But I don’t want to copy 😂

It was neither food or something you can keep - but I think most people liked the idea (of course you can’t please everyone!).

Yes I saw this idea a while back with a message saying something like "we have been lucky in love, so sharing our luck" something like that. We did like the idea and thought how cool it would be if someone won a big amount on our big day, that would be amazing!

But then because half of our guests are from abroad we thought what if they don't have enough time to cash it, most of them fly back the next day after the wedding etc. so we were not sure if it would work for us..

Bridezilla

Ibiza wrote (see post):

team something to keep

I assume youll be feeding guest so extra food is redundant, it usually goes in my purse and gets squished (ewww) although I dont mind traditional almonds for their historic meaning (plus they dont squash or melt)

alcohol or preserves might be ok (like jams or sauces in jars)

I like little things to keep, I havent received many before though only really a pin badge once

Think we will go for both - I'm struggling to choose  we will probably do the traditional almonds (my parents want to get that for us as it's normally given at weddings in France where I'm from) + something to keep.

I as a guest love something to keep too. Now I just need to find the best "thing to keep".. and that's another struggle haha

Bridezilla

QueenD wrote (see post):
Nottinghamshirebride wrote (see post):

Yes I saw this idea a while back with a message saying something like "we have been lucky in love, so sharing our luck" something like that. We did like the idea and thought how cool it would be if someone won a big amount on our big day, that would be amazing!

But then because half of our guests are from abroad we thought what if they don't have enough time to cash it, most of them fly back the next day after the wedding etc. so we were not sure if it would work for us..

I also think it could be quite awkward if someone did win big - would the person feel obligated to share it with the bride and groom since they payed for the ticket? And should they? 

Bridezilla

Didn't think about that.. we wouldn't accept it but I do get what you mean, they might feel that they have to share it with us.. 

Wedding addict

We are doing a donation for each of our guests to cancer research and giving them a card and badge to show for it. Both our parents have had cancer so it was personal to us, and we preferred to do that than something that is left behind or just not ever used.

Bridezilla

I am in the food/alcohol camp. If it is a keepsake it needs to be small enough for a clutch bag, although i also agree something with a wedding date etc. I probably wouldn’t keep.

I like the look of those gold wooden name places but I think in reality I would either forget to take it or take it but later on think what do I do with it! 

My friend also donated to cancer research and gave the pin badges. Her Dad passed away from Cancer when we were children so I thought it was very touching And lots of people wore the badges.

Personally I don’t bother with favours and we probably won’t, i think whilst people may appreciate them for a second it wouldn’t change my opinion on what a wedding was like and my enjoyment of it. Obviously if you can afford it and particularly want something go for it!