26/05/2008 at 10:16
hi everyone.

I have looked on a lot of venue sites for places in this area. does any1 know of any other good places, something a bit different? more unusual?

any tips would be fab thanks!
26/05/2008 at 12:21
how unusual do you want??? we are having an old hotel in herts.. but i have heard of people getting wed in footy grounds and zoos?!
30/05/2013 at 19:29
Edited: 30/05/2013 at 19:30
30/05/2013 at 19:42

We're having ours at the de Vere in Theobalds, Cheshunt - it's stunning.

30/05/2013 at 21:58

Hi sarcycyril,

Have you tried shuttleworth? It is between Bedford and Biggleswade and you have the option of marrying in the manor house (it is very grand!) Or in the swiss gardens there. It is a beautiful venue & if I wasn't having a church wedding (2 miles from shuttleworth) then I would have probably got married there.

Good luck with your search & all the planning for your big day

Xx

31/05/2013 at 18:56

I come from Hertfordshire, we got married at Offley Place inbetween Luton-Hitchin, it's more Hitchin way though.

What style of venue, and budget are you looking at?

http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/7rquk83t33s.png

03/06/2013 at 20:50

We looked at:

Whipsnade Zoo - you get photos with giraffes and all guests get to go on the train around the zoo.

Ashridge - amazing if you want that fairytale/country castle type wedding (pricey with it!)

Latimer House - house which has been converted to a hotel so all guests can stay onsite. Nice orangery for wedding breakfast.

Didn't go with any of the above as decided to get married up in leicestershire instead (where we live as opposed to herts where i grew up).

If you want reception only and a bit of an 'out there' theme then google North Hill Farm B&B - they have teepees! http://www.countryfieldweddings.co.uk

13/06/2013 at 10:58

I've looked at Tudor Barn in Burnham, a lovely out of the way venue with good access to motorways and excellent staff. I've also booked the Bucks violinist and pianist Simon Jordan to play for me and the Bucks photographer David Bostock.

Your say
email image

Which online planning tools would you find useful?