The Ceremony

Wedding poem for children to read

1 to 5 of 5 posts

Bridezilla

I'm looking for some poetic inspiration! I used to look after two little girls from when they were born to when I went to uni and I still see them regularly. I would have loved them to be bridesmaids at my wedding but I found it really hard to choose just one big bridesmaid so I'm having 3 of my friends and h2b's neice is our flower girl. So that the girls can still have a special part in the big day I'm going to ask them to read a poem together during the service. We're getting married in Church and we're having one religious reading and then this poem. The trouble is I can't find a poem that I like!! They will be 7 and 11 and I'm looking for something that's not too hard to read, something about love and hopefully with a few verses so that they can read them alternately. Does anyone have any suggestions please????? :\?
xx

Wedding addict

I went to a wedding last summer where the bride's sister read The Owl and the Pussycat. It was really sweet!
L x

Bridezilla

Thank you! I've been searching the web and have also come accross a poem called 'Us Two' by A.A. Milne about Winnie the Pooh, it's quite sweet. I'll look up the Owl and the Pussycat too! xx

Wedding addict

the owl and the pussy cat was read at my sisters wedding a few years ago. it was lovely but i cringed out of embarrassment when they read the bit. Oh what a lovely pussy you are you are oh what a lovely pussy you are!
I dont know what mum and dad thought of it. Although |I also thought it was hilarious, and will always remember it

Bridezilla

The velveteen rabbit is popular?