21/09/2008 at 12:04
I'm looking for some poetic inspiration! I used to look after two little girls from when they were born to when I went to uni and I still see them regularly. I would have loved them to be bridesmaids at my wedding but I found it really hard to choose just one big bridesmaid so I'm having 3 of my friends and h2b's neice is our flower girl. So that the girls can still have a special part in the big day I'm going to ask them to read a poem together during the service. We're getting married in Church and we're having one religious reading and then this poem. The trouble is I can't find a poem that I like!! They will be 7 and 11 and I'm looking for something that's not too hard to read, something about love and hopefully with a few verses so that they can read them alternately. Does anyone have any suggestions please????? :\?
xx
22/09/2008 at 09:30
I went to a wedding last summer where the bride's sister read The Owl and the Pussycat. It was really sweet!
L x
22/09/2008 at 09:36
Thank you! I've been searching the web and have also come accross a poem called 'Us Two' by A.A. Milne about Winnie the Pooh, it's quite sweet. I'll look up the Owl and the Pussycat too! xx
22/09/2008 at 09:42
the owl and the pussy cat was read at my sisters wedding a few years ago. it was lovely but i cringed out of embarrassment when they read the bit. Oh what a lovely pussy you are you are oh what a lovely pussy you are!
I dont know what mum and dad thought of it. Although |I also thought it was hilarious, and will always remember it
22/09/2008 at 12:19
The velveteen rabbit is popular?
Your say
email image

Which online planning tools would you find useful?