The wedding budget

Marquee hire costs

1 to 20 of 28 posts

New bride

Hi
We have rented our local sports ground for £40 (happy days)and now we are going through marquee quotes (sad days.)

We do want a wooden floor + carpet and it seems the average with lighting, generator, tables, chair, dance floor is about £5.5k - ek! Does that seem right? It is for 100 people.

What are your experiences? thank you

Bridezilla

Hi there, we are having a marquee and ours is 5k , which is the cheapest quote we could find . That price is including VAT and we having brand new carpet in any colour we want , decking , toilets , bar , dance floor , stage , all tables and windows all down one side x

New bride

Yep - Marquees are expensive - for 100 people, that sounds like a reasonable quote.

Bridezilla

Ours is for 100 people also , on top of that we have to add food and decoration so I reckon we spent around 9 k just on the reception but it's exactly what we want and we were quoted 6.5 k at coniston hall for just 50 guests x

New bride

Thank you, I know marquees are expensive but I like the fact you can do what you what when you want and save costs on wine ect.... Looking forward to dressing it

Bridezilla

Hi Blueberry27616 - the price you were quoted seems good to me. We are paying £6800 for the marquee, wooden floor, tables and chairs. We wanted to have it carpeted too but dont think we will as this is an additional cost!

New bride

Hi Sweden_proposal, I think I am going to take off my carpet to save on costs.
I wanted the wooden floor to help ladies with heels. I was thinking today about the marquee weddings I have been to and actually I couldnt remember the flooring but remebered the band. So with that thought "gone is the carpet and the music budget up." Although it does look lovely with carpet - ek its so hard!! Good luck

Bridezilla

I dont know much about marquee set ups but surely without carpet the ladies stilletos will sink into the ground.. or am I wrong!

Bridezilla

look out for capri marquees as they are significantly cheaper and in my opinion have a more modern feel. we are getting a huge (double size) marquee for 100 seated people and separate dance floor space, dance floor, colour carpet of our choice, extra tressle tables and a second marquee (medium sized) for a projector to play games on again carpeted all with lights and sparkly stuff for just under £2500. we could have got the basic 100 seater marquee and dance floor for £1655 or something

not sure where youre baseed but were using these people and they have been great

http://www.outisin.co.uk/

and this is the basic package http://www.outisin.co.uk/100-guests.php

New bride

Hi tinainwid, yes they would but we will have a wooden floor but not the carpet on top of the wooden floor... Sorry my post was confusing.

Bridezilla

Hi,
I really, really recommend shopping around as quotes will all vary soooo much! Whereabouts are you based? I emailed 19 different companies for quotes for 60 people.... The most was almost 5k ex VAT, but I have actually got mine as a package deal for £1595 ex VAT which includes everything...tables chairs, flooring, dance floor, small stage, lighting and even table linen!!

Bridezilla

I found the cheapest marquees are from small family run businessess x

Bridezilla

Quoted:
Hi tinainwid, yes they would but we will have a wooden floor but not the carpet on top of the wooden floor... Sorry my post was confusing.

Thanks for clearing that up Bluebell, I,ve only been to one marquee before and I couldnt remember the set up.. so no walking on tip toes lol.. thats good.. I,m sure no one will care if theres no carpet then.

Nats Thats a great deal for what your getting!

New bride

Quoted:
Hi,
I really, really recommend shopping around as quotes will all vary soooo much! Whereabouts are you based? I emailed 19 different companies for quotes for 60 people.... The most was almost 5k ex VAT, but I have actually got mine as a package deal for £1595 ex VAT which includes everything...tables chairs, flooring, dance floor, small stage, lighting and even table linen!!

WOW right I am back on the case tomorrow first thing - I have had a weekend off wedding organisation to cuddle my new nephew..

New bride

oh yes we are based in Warwickshire/Northampton border area

New bride

Nats I am checking out the capris now - thank you for the tip

New bride

That's a brilliant price, MissWiggles. Is that a capri marquee? Would you mind saying what company that's with please?

New bride

Here is a very quick and basic guide on the cost of hiring a marquee for your wedding.

You first need to determine the size of marquee that you will require. To work this out, you will need to consider the following questions:

1. How many guests will attend your wedding during the daytime?

2. Will you be having a sit down meal?

3. Will you want a buffet area?

4. Will you have a stage for a band and/or DJ?

5. Will you need space for a bar?

6. Will you have a dance floor?

7. Will your caterers need a separate catering tent?

8. How many additional guests do you expect in the evening?

As an example, to seat 150 guests on our 5.6ft round tables, with a buffet area, stage, bar area and dance floor, you are likely to need a 12m x 21m marquee.

The approximate cost of the marquee, linings, furniture and equipment for a wedding to seat 150 guests would be:

12m x 21m marquee (with linings): £1779.00

12 x uplighters and 2 x chandeliers: £280.00

10 x 5.6′ round tables: £86.00

150 x limewash chiavari chairs: £540.00

18′ x 18′ parquee dance floor: £270.00

Hard floor: £798.00

8′ Bar unit: £80.00

One 6m x 3m catering Tent (matted and lit): £250.00

A 5m x 3m stage: £187.50

Disco lights: £120.00

Speech P.A: £60.00

TOTAL COST: £4450.50 + VAT

We hope that this is a useful guide for you. Of course, there are many other options for you to consider when choosing a marquee for your wedding, and the guideline prices given above are just approximate.

If you would like any further help in planning your wedding day, and choosing a marquee and venue,  or if you would like a detailed quotation from us, do get in touch any time on enquiries@soundevents.co.uk or telephone us on 01392 250679

Wedding addict

Try your local council.... I was quoted £75 hire for one to hold 100 people..... I am however getting married in a hotel instead x but its a thought x

New bride

Hi is anyone from this thread based in the north east? all of the quotes I've received are around £5k too

thanks x