Wedding fashion

2019 ladies, when are you going to start dress shopping?

1 to 20 of 22 posts

New bride

i am thinking maybe around mid 2018, if the dress shopping bug doesnt bite sooner. when are you going to start  dress shopping?

Wedding addict

I get married July 19 planning to start looking about a year before so in the summer 

New bride

MrsGtoB wrote (see post):

I’ve been to two shops already but I am January 2019. I’ve got too more booked for this January. 

What date do you get married?

31 August 2019, you are 2 weeks away from your 1 year mark 😱 time will start flying by 

Bridezilla

Our blessing is in May of 2019.  I'm cruising the internet and magazines for ideas now, but definitely won't be looking seriously until summer.  I'm not a first time bride and I don't want a lace fish tail or a big princess dress or anything white even, as they wouldn't work for the occasion.  I'm thinking going the custom route will be the way forward.

Bridezilla

I’m April 2019 and thinking of starting to look April next year as long as I’m at my goal weight.

Wedding addict

I’m an April 2019 bride and I’ve found and paid the deposit for my dress. I know it’s a long time still however I am so fussy that I thought it would take me ages. I’ve got no regrets or worries as I keep looking at dresses and thinking ‘it’s nice but it doesn’t have this which my dress does’. Start shopping when you feel ready and you’ll find the dress. I didn’t instantly love mine nor did I have the ‘bridal moment’ however I loved it as soon as they showed me a couple of alterations that could be done to personalise it. Now I’m just excited to get all the accessories I want to match. 

Wedding addict

I'm September2019 and I just went to the first shop to see what style suited me. I was told at the store that from when you find a dress you love you should allow 8 months for ordering and alterations. I'm going to allow myself a bit more time in case I decide to go to a dress maker :)

Wedding addict

I'm getting married in February 2019 and I think I'll start to look next February/March. I'd like to lose a stone (or two) before I look though, so it may well be a bit later!

Bridezilla

A year in advance is plenty enough time to start looking for a dress. You'll see that there are plenty of threads on here from brides who have bought dresses too early and then changed their mind. 

Bridezilla

I'm June 2019 and going to go in Feb but prob won't buy until June/July x

New bride

my wedding is in August 2019 and I fell in love with an Ian Stuart dress, and bought it !! 

If I didn’t buy it I know I will regret it

I love my dress, and there is no best time to buy it , just when your ready

xx

Bridezilla

We don't have an exact date but July/August 2019, and I'm going dress shopping for the first time in 3 weeks! I just can't help myself I'm a total wedding addict and I was in one long term serious relationship before my current partner that I thought would result in marriage and it didn't so then I started all over again with my current partner and I've just been waiting for this for so long and I'm so excited that I just want to do it now!! I'm obviously not going to buy one yet - I'm aiming to buy no later than September to allow for alterations. I just don't have 1 style in mind, there are like 6 completely different styles that I have in mind and want to try on. So I want to see which one is best for me and then explore more similar dresses... I'm very thorough haha

Wedding addict

We are October 2019...I think I will start looking perhaps around April/May time to start getting some ideas of what I like and what suits. We are hoping to spend some time in London and maybe fly to Barcelona to look at some designers so all these things will take time & planning! 

Ultimately I think I will end up having my dress hand made and I definitely like to get this started at least a year in advance just so we have plenty of time to make sure it is just right!!!! 

I am going to use every excuse to go shopping!!!!!! 

Wedding addict

I am August 2019 and going to start shopping probably June / July 2018 - I want to lose at least a stone before starting shopping! X

New bride

Ordered my dress in October, and I won't be able to collect it until the end of August. Then I'll need at least two fittings (taken up and pockets added). I didn't expect such a huge wait,  but it will depend on the dress shop/designer. The minimum time was 3 months order time in some shops, so just be aware when you're looking what the shop can do. I'm getting married in October 2018, so glad I didn't leave it any later. I knew what I wanted though, pintrest should be every girls friend for dress shopping!