Wedding fashion

Bridal Alterations London recommendations?

81 to 88 of 88 posts

New bride

Thank you for your recommendations, Clara! I've already collected my dress from Alterations Boutique and it's been altered beautifully. I'm very happy. 

Tx

New bride

Glad I could help. You got any pictures of your dress?

Clara x

New bride

Sure, not sure if you can see this ok. If not, I can send it via PM.

Tx

New bride

I’ve just taken a look through these recent posts and i’ve also noticed that every time anyone points out fake reviewers, some “customers” (usually 2) strike up a conversation between themselves promoting the same company. Any guesses which company??

The conversation continues until they reach a new page ….

Do they think adding pics will make their conversations look more genuine?

Business must be bad to reach such lows.

New bride

Hi Tina,

I love the dress. Alterations Boutique have done an amazing job for you. There are a few strange people on this forum that keep interrupting our conversation. Its a bit silly and impolite #issues. I'm trying my best to ignore them. Where you going on your honey moon? 

Bridezilla

Samantha-22 wrote (see post):

I’ve just taken a look through these recent posts and i’ve also noticed that every time anyone points out fake reviewers, some “customers” (usually 2) strike up a conversation between themselves promoting the same company. Any guesses which company??

The conversation continues until they reach a new page ….

Do they think adding pics will make their conversations look more genuine?

Business must be bad to reach such lows.

No pictures of genuine brides on their FB page either!! Odd that! The lady did that my alterations has a FB page adorned in various photos of dresses she has done, as worn by brides on their big day.

Also I love the constant name dropping of the company in every post... normal people just wouldn't do that.

But anyway ladies carry on, it's rather funny to read

New bride

I used Alterations Boutique because all the people I found online had websites but lots operated from home and did not accept cards and wanted me to pay cash or by cheque. Some had just mobile numbers which they did not even pick up. I was so dismayed that I looked and found this forum and someone recommended Alterations Boutique.

I visited their website www.alterationsboutique.co.uk and I could see that they were a professional company. I am only recommending Alterations Boutique purely on the basis that the service they provided was professional, they responded to my email straight away, they made an appointment for me and send a confirmation text to my phone, I was able to pay by American Express which I like to do and they had a proper shop front. As they are open from 9am to 9pm I was able to see them after office hours so it did not interfere with my work and their order system sent me handy reminders to tell me when my appointments were. As for the work well it was flawless but I expected that to be honest after the excellent service I had received. It is on that basis alone I am recommending Alterations Boutique. I want people to receive the same excellent experience I had.

As for the Facebook page I cannot comment but I saw that they have been on Channel 4, Hello Magazine, ITV, Sky news, The Times and featured in Ultimate Wedding Magazine. This created the confidence to make me know I was seeing a legitimate company. After all I cannot imagine that the Times would feature anything but a reputable company in an editorial section of their newspaper.

I hope this clears things up.

Clara 

New bride

I had my dress fitting in a “shop front” and i wouldn’t say that the experience was particularly professional just because it had a shop front.  Also, how ridiculous to suggest that a business that takes credit cards is more legit than others is clearly an attempt to denigrate other legitimate businesses and as such, i would ignore such comments...

During my fitting, at the “shop front" i had another bride to the left of me so there wasn’t much privacy during my fitting  and i could hear their conversation. Unfortunately for the other bride, the seamstress clearly couldn’t understand what the customer was trying to say! After my first fitting, i paid and left the shop, but because i wasn’t filled with confidence, i called the shop and asked if they could refund me, but they said they DIDN'T do refunds so i was stuck with them! Always check prior to payment to see if they would refund you and get it in writing if you need to!

Furthermore, businesses can pay to feature in an editorial section so that also doesn’t make them professional either. Genuine brides posting genuine reviews onto social media means a whole lot more because anyone can then contact those genuine brides themselves.