Wedding fashion

Is this too white for a spring wedding?

1 to 18 of 18 posts

Bridezilla

As a bride I wouldn't mind at all, it's a very pretty dress, however the top is white and lace which some people might have an objection to...

Bridezilla

I always think, if you’re not sure if it’s too white, then it’s too white and you should wear something else.

Bride is unlikely notice but other guests will and I wouldn’t want people looking and judging.

Bridezilla

I think if it was all over patterned it wouldn't be so bad, but the white lacey top half makes it "too white".. Wearing a cardigan (maybe in the same colour as the flowers) might work but otherwise I'd go for something else. 

Bridezilla

I think it's lovely and I wouldn't have any issues if a guest wore that to my wedding xx

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/intimate-villa-cyprus-wedding---october-2018/432750.html

https://uk.pinterest.com/ruththomas1979/here-comes-the-bride/

Bridezilla

I wouldn't have any issues if you wore that to my wedding either. 

Bridezilla

I wouldn't think anything of that being worn to my wedding.  There's nothing bridal about it. It's a semi-casual, floral print maxi dress, not a lace fishtail dress by Berta.

Bridezilla

It would be too white for me, but I make a point of avoiding the colour (and similar colours) comepletly, I don't even wear white things with a pattern on them to a wedding.

Bridezilla

Im in the not too white camp, there is plenty of colour in the skirts, its not even a dress, it looks lovely, wear it if you like it x

Bridezilla

Ashley72 wrote (see post):

I think if it was all over patterned it wouldn't be so bad, but the white lacey top half makes it "too white".. Wearing a cardigan (maybe in the same colour as the flowers) might work but otherwise I'd go for something else. 

I agree here. My thoughts were the same in that the top half is ‘too white’ but the bottom is lovely. If I were you, I’d defiently wear a coloured cardigan to match the flowers and to brighten it up a bit more. Otherwise it’s a very pretty dress and perfect for a wedding this time of year.

Bridezilla

Could you switch the top? For me, it’s risky; white, lace and sweetheart neckline. The skirt is lovely though. X

Wedding addict

It’s fine! 

Im surprised at how precious some people get about this, it’s obviously not a wedding dress - i had a few guests wear white floral dresses / jumpsuits to my wedding, nobody thought they were the bride! 

Bridezilla

duckling wrote (see post):

It’s fine! 

Im surprised at how precious some people get about this, it’s obviously not a wedding dress - i had a few guests wear white floral dresses / jumpsuits to my wedding, nobody thought they were the bride! 

For me it's not about being mistaken for the bride, no one will mistake the outfit for a wedding dress obviously, it's just the respect and acknowledgement that white/ivory is the brides colour and those (plus very similar colours like light cream) should be avoided. Those are her colours for one day, let her have them and you go pick a colour from the other 30 or so you could pick. I wouldn't turn up as a guest with a boquet or a tiara so why would I turn up in the main colour people associate with brides?

New bride

I can't switch the top, it's all one dress, not a skirt and a top. She also specified that the guests wear spring, summer light colors and nothing dark. My size is in the kids section which is very hard to find something for an adult. I have been to every store in town and this is the only one that fits and is decent 

New bride

I'm wearing a cardigan over the white top if I can't find another dress. Also with brown wedges. 

Wedding addict

Whereabouts is the wedding? A cardigan might be too hot. I would try a wrap the same colour as the flowers, it would look nicer I think.