Wedding fashion

Jewellery / Accessories

1 to 13 of 13 posts

Bridezilla

Hi

I'm really struggling to find some jewellery I'd like to wear on my wedding day - I just can't find anything I like!

I just wondered if anyone would mind either posting photo's of what they wore or if anyone could recommend any jewellery/accessory shops, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm in need of some inspiration :)

I'm also after some inspiration for bridesmaid gifts - I was thinking along the line of a necklace for them. Any help appreciated.

Thank you!

Bridezilla

Lexi90 wrote (see post):

Looking forward to seeing the replies here! I have no idea either 😄

It's nice to know I'm not alone 

I feel like I've looked everywhere! I do see the odd item I like, but I don't find anything I love enough to commit. I think I've struggled over accessories more than I did the dress haha!

Bridezilla

Have you tried Jon Richard at Debenhams?

Some others are 

Glitzy Secrets, Chez Bec, Liberty in Love 

Beaverbrooks do some nice sterling silver jewellery too.

Wedding addict

What sort of thing are you looking for? 😊 dainty, show stopping, flowers, crystal etc... And what sort of budget?  I like glitzy secrets, accessorize have some pretty things too, also qvc (the shopping channel) have a good range of simulated diamonds, I've had some stuff from there and they do look classy/much more expensive than they actually are. 

Bridezilla

bella2015 wrote (see post):

Have you tried Jon Richard at Debenhams?

Some others are 

Glitzy Secrets, Chez Bec, Liberty in Love 

Beaverbrooks do some nice sterling silver jewellery too.

I have looked at Jon Richards but not the others - thank you! I'm sure I've read a few threads on here about people having issues with Liberty in Love though? So I might err on the side of caution with them - Unless someone can confirm otherwise? 

Bridezilla

Julia101 wrote (see post):

What sort of thing are you looking for? 😊 dainty, show stopping, flowers, crystal etc... And what sort of budget?  I like glitzy secrets, accessorize have some pretty things too, also qvc (the shopping channel) have a good range of simulated diamonds, I've had some stuff from there and they do look classy/much more expensive than they actually are. 

Didn't even think of Accessorize! Thanks!

I'm thinking along the lines of something silver - a bit of bling but nothing big and cheap looking. I keep being attracted to something with a bit of bling and a pearl as I think it looks classy, but I've never worn pearls in my life and I don't want to change my normal style for my wedding if that makes sense? I'd never wear pearls on a day to day basis so I'm not sure how I feel about wearing them for my wedding. Am I being silly?

Don't really have a budget as such but don't want to spend hundreds. If I did it would have to be on something I planned to wear after the wedding to justify the cost.

Thanks for the QVC idea too - I've never even looked on there! I just don't want anything cheap looking so if they do classy I'll give it a go, thanks :)

Bridezilla

Hol90 wrote (see post):

I had the same dilemma for months! In the end I just went for earrings and a bracelet from Ivory & Co. I didn't get a matching set, I just chose what I thought would look nice & I was really pleased with them! 

https://www.ivoryandcotiaras.co.uk/Belmont-Earrings-7296

https://www.ivoryandcotiaras.co.uk/Cherish-Bracelet-6855

I'd go to somewhere like Debenhams first to have a look at styles, when you order online I don't think they let you return earrings. 

Ooo see I really like what you've chosen! So pretty. I'm glad you finally found something - it's driving me insane haha!

My partner got me this for Christmas http://www.pandora.net/en-gb/products/bracelets/silver/590524cz photo doesn't really do it justice, it's very pretty, and I've been thinking how nice it would be to wear that but then all the earrings or necklaces I find don't really match - but like you said, it doesn't have to!

Thanks for your help x

Bridezilla

It depends entirely on your personal taste.  Do you like loads of bling? Do you prefer "real" jewellry/ stones? Do you like colour in your jewellry?

I wore my pearls for my first wedding along with matching earrings. I don't really like to wear jewellry that's not an "real" stone - but that's my preference.  If you like diamonds, pearls, etc., but don't have pieces of your own, often times family members are happy to borrow the bride pieces on her big day.  I think it was FutureMrsThomas whose grandmum kindly gifted her her string of pearls to be worn on the big day.

If your preference is lots and lots of bling, a lot of bridal boutiques sell diamante/ pearl hair slides, necklaces, and earrings. That's really the only style of jewellry that most bridal shops sell.  If you aren't sure if the shops in your area offer jewellry, you can always ring them and ask - and you can ask too if you'll need any appointment to shop. Bridal shops vary on whether they'll allow you to accessories shop without an appointment.

If you're looking for something unique - i.e. custom or "nontraditional" - I cannot recommend Etsy enough. If you can dream it, someone on there is selling it, or can create it for you.  If you're envisioning a dramatic bib-style necklace of turquoise or a rose gold coloured druzy necklace, Etsy is the place to find it. 

Where you should look depends on what style you have in mind.

New bride

Hi MissGx, 

Congrets! for your wedding. I'm single  I have not experienced my wedding yet . but I am a big fan of an online shop where I love to surf vintage dresses and accessories for different occassion. So, I think this will help you to find some jewellery/accessory for your wedding.   

https://www.voodoovixen.co.uk/accessories.html

New bride

Have you Debenhams or Accessorize?

You can also buy silver jewelry from :

Warrenjames, gemporia, hsamuel, silvertime  also.

And for sterling silver jewelry you can also visit  the chain hut:

https://thechainhut.co.uk/