Wedding fashion

Plus size brides :) show me your dresses

21 to 31 of 31 posts

Wedding addict

Winslet86MissGx wrote (see post):
MissGxMissGx wrote (see post):
Winslet86MissGx wrote (see post):

MissGx Oh no it isn't too tight, you don't look like you have a belly at all in it! Like you say if your OH would love it, then that's what is important as well. As long as you feel comfortable.

Thank you for your kind words, i'm looking forward to seeing how it looks once fitted properly as the top part is too big. 

I have lost 2 stone doing slimming world in the past, and maintained the same weight since I lost that, I just have the extra 2 stone to go! I get really frustrated as I exercise and eat healthily, but the weight doesn't seem to budge. I know that drinking has a lot to do with it, so I am cutting down on the booze and going to re-join slimming world after my b'day in October. I am also thinking of signing up for the Moonwalk, which is a walking marathon thing, just so I have motivation to train and it will help weight loss. How about you? What has worked for you? 6 and a half stone is an amazing achievement well done.

Aww thank you for the kind words. Well done on your weight loss too! It's not easy. It might well be drink because I only have to sniff an alcoholic drink and I always maintain even if my meals have been 100%. I've done it using Slimming World too! And my birthday is also in October! Are you my secret twin or something? haha! I also go to the gym 2-3 times a week. The moonwalk sounds like a great idea, definitely help motivate you :)

Haha you are my twin! My b'day is October 11th and I am turning 31. It has been a while since I re-joined slimming world so that has motivated me to get back to it after you said that. You are right about the alcohol, it is always the downfall. Hard to find a life balance sometimes though, this year has been tough as I have had 7 weddings and 4 hen do's and lots on at weekends. I just need to get tough with myself haha. I have given up alcohol for 4 weeks, and on day 18 at the moment and actually been really refreshing.

This is getting weird! I'm turning 31 too!! lol!
Slimming World definitely works doesn't it. I went to group for around a year then got bored of all the queuing so I stopped going a few months ago. I told myself if I didn't continue to lose weight following the plan going solo then I'd re-join, and I've been doing OK so far so no plans to go back. I find social events are my downfall too. Most gatherings with my friends tends to involves meals out and alcohol. Well done on your booze free month! I just try to stick to low syn stuff like gin etc.I miss wine so much haha!

Bridezilla

MissGx wrote (see post):

You look beautiful FutureMrsThomas!

Aww thank you. Alterations start in January, need to get my butt back to the gym! 

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html

New bride

Haha that is weird! You'll have to keep me updated on how you get on, when is your wedding date again? I miss wine and beer too...gin and spirits just arent the same!

Wedding addict

Lovely dresses ladies, definitely giving me dress inspo for when I go shopping for my dress. MissGx, who designed your dress? I LOVE the shape and you look fab in it.

Brides, are you going for corset back or not? I've read that corsets tend to look better on larger brides due to their ability to define your curves a bit more, but most of the dresses I've seen that I like so far are button/zip back.  

New bride

weatherwaxe wrote (see post):

Lovely dresses ladies, definitely giving me dress inspo for when I go shopping for my dress. MissGx, who designed your dress? I LOVE the shape and you look fab in it.

Brides, are you going for corset back or not? I've read that corsets tend to look better on larger brides due to their ability to define your curves a bit more, but most of the dresses I've seen that I like so far are button/zip back.  

I am choosing corset instead of button/zips as I have also heard this, and think it will show off my hour glass shape more. I also have to be careful not to have too much of a cleavage though as no one wants them bad boys spilling over on the day ;-)

Wedding addict

weatherwaxe wrote (see post):

Thanks so much weatherwaxe, I've been having dress wobbles so these lovely compliments are reassuring me. I wondered if I should have hidden my larger areas a bit more in a less fitted dress. It's by Stella York and its 6427. It looks different on me than the model and the photos on their website don't do it justice, much prettier in real life (like many dresses I've seen!).

Re the corset back - I thought the same, but mines zipped up so far and then the rest is buttoned as it has an illusion back. I felt it had great support and pulled me in at the waist. So I guess it's down to the individual dresses as to how they fit on you x

Wedding addict

Winslet86 wrote (see post):

Haha that is weird! You'll have to keep me updated on how you get on, when is your wedding date again? I miss wine and beer too...gin and spirits just arent the same!

Mines June 2018 - so a month or so before yours. I know what you mean about gin, it's gone too quickly lol!
Do you have a planning thread?

New bride

The dress in my photo is a zip back. I wanted a corset dress. But ended up going for the one in my pic. Chosen by the lady in the shop. As soon as i walked out wearing it i knew it was my dress. It has a corset inside the back to pull all curves in. Then you just have the zip on the outside. 

New bride

MissGx No I don't have one yet, I am new to all this haha! I read yours though, and your venue looks amazing. Also great story.

However getting married in Derbyshire (even though I'm from Kent) as near my OH family.

This is my venue: http://thewestmillvenue.com/

x

Wedding addict

Winslet86 Your venue is stunning! There's a couple of other brides on here who have got married there and it just looks gorgeous. I know there's at least 1 bride (maybe 2) who have done a report on their wedding there which you might like to read if you haven't already.

New bride

MissGx Oh amazing I will check it out! Thank you :)