Wedding venues

help finding suitable venues - dry hire - in between Suffolk / London

1 to 8 of 8 posts

New bride

Hi all

i really need help finding suitable venues which are located in between Heathrow, London and Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk which can seat approx 120 - 140 guests 

We want the venue to allow us to bring our own caterers with no corkage (supply all our own drinks for the whole day). Close to a church, has accommodation on site or very close by. Ideally we want 2 separate rooms for afternoon food and evening so guests are not rushed out for turnover of the rooms. 

About us: I am Indian and my partner is English. we are thinking of having a church wedding, followed by food stalls (our fav food) and drinks. then a little time to unwind (guests can go to hotel room to get changed, or relax at the venue) before we have the proper evening meal / dance with seated Indian food, open bar and music. 

Really struggling to find any venues who can accommodate what we want and those that can are very expensive (over £15k just for venue hire)

Bridezilla

Have you checked which churches you can get married in? That would be the first step I think. If you want CoE you need to be either;

Resident in the Parish (either one of you)

Have lived in the Parish for over 6 months in the past (e.g. parish you were born in)

Have parents / grandparents living in the parish

Parents / grandparents married in the church

christened in the church

regular attendance  if church out of your parish (that usually means several weeks over a 6 month period)

Some other compelling reason (so for example there is a church which we could have married in because my grandfather was the architect who designed it)

This will limit your search even more I'm afraid.

Bridezilla

Smeetham Hall Barn let you bring in your own alcohol but not sure about the rest.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

Whole day is often hard- most are up until evening only.  Smeetham Hall as MrsC2B says does allow it, but not in the evening.  You will find that anywhere with no corkage is more expensive as they are losing on alcohol mark ups

New bride

Thank you for your reply. He is CoE and his dad is part of their local church but that church is too far for my family to travel and there are no suitable venues for the reception. My partner is open to a civil should we not be allowed to get married in a church. So finding a suitable venue is priority over the Church. 
MrsTwizbe wrote (see post):

Have you checked which churches you can get married in? That would be the first step I think. If you want CoE you need to be either;

Resident in the Parish (either one of you)

Have lived in the Parish for over 6 months in the past (e.g. parish you were born in)

Have parents / grandparents living in the parish

Parents / grandparents married in the church

christened in the church

regular attendance  if church out of your parish (that usually means several weeks over a 6 month period)

Some other compelling reason (so for example there is a church which we could have married in because my grandfather was the architect who designed it)

This will limit your search even more I'm afraid.

New bride

Alpheton Hall Barn is next to a church and also has two separate barns. Dry hire so you can bring your own food and booze but they provide things like table & chairs. They also have a village close by with accommodation and allow you the venue for the whole weekend to set up and tear down the day before and after x

New bride

Chigwell Hall based in Essex, not far from London at all, offers dry hire and has a church next to them or they can do a Civil Ceremony. Very reasonably priced. x