Looking for wedding entertainment for your Algarve wedding?

29/08/2013 at 17:53

Oh my God!!! These guys are the best wedding band ever. I know everyone always thinks their own band are the best but all of our guests said it was the best band they ever heard at a wedding...... Everyone single person was up dancing, it was super. 

I couldn't recommend these guys enough......

03/09/2013 at 16:53

you may also want to try..........

DJ Dave Hixson

Dave Hixson is a professional dj/ compere/mc based in the costa del sol

working along side wedding planners and event organisers in spain.

well presented and totally reliable for wedding functions on the costa del sol

. Dave was also proudly a UK finalist for the prestigious DJ of the Year title. During his career in nightclubs, .

Dave moved to spain in 2004 and has a wealth of experience with international weddings in spain. Daves first love is DJing and is now looking to bring his experience to the quality Wedding Market in this area, following on from his successful career in wales and england for more info  my website www.davehixson.com

04/09/2013 at 13:04

Hi Kathy congratulations!! We’re also having double cocktail and DJ bonocino I’m thrilled to hear all went well I can’t wait for them to play at my wedding I saw them live in Dublin and they were brilliant I’m sure we took the right decision on booking them. Where did you get married? x

08/09/2013 at 16:48

Hi guys sorry we haven’t decided yet which songs for ceremony can you send me an updated songlist through my email to have a look at it again please? It has been mad here with work (can’t complain lol) I hardly had any free time to come on here and have a chat with other fellow brides I guess I betta get a move on with the planning….lol also can I send a playlist to the DJ with our music preferences? thanks guys  

08/09/2013 at 19:34

Hi bridie73,

we got married in Cascais near Lisbon. We had the best day ever. I am so jealous, I would love to do it all again. I planned all pure wedding myself & loved it (yep! I'm a control freak......). U'll have a ball with DC. They made our day so much fun, u'll have a ball. Where are u getting married? 

Kathy x

11/09/2013 at 23:02

Hi Steffie thanks for your help and the updated ceremony list, yes booked the band and dj 3 hours each. Haven’t managed to think of a first dance yet but working on it lol.

Hi Kathy I’m so jealous you organized the whole bit on your own I would panic and run away lol, have a planner organizing the wedding on our behalf. Also thanks for reassuring me on DC despite there’s loads of great revues online. Did you send their dj a playlist?

Cascais seems to be a lovely place to wed I'm getting married in the south of Portugal the Algarve, nevertheless would have considered Lisbon too just never thought of it. May I ask you where did you go for the honeymoon? xx

14/09/2013 at 14:01

I left the play lists completely up tBeth's band & the DJ I knew I was in safe Hands. They observed the crowd & played suitable songs. 

We went to Mexico, Toronto & New York on honeymoon. We're in Cascais for a week too so had a whole month of holidaying. Was fantastic.... X

17/09/2013 at 22:20
Double cocktail were the most amazing wedding entertainers I have ever come across. Truly professional they are versatile and are able to adapt their style throughout the day carefully to provide an excellent series of scenarios which made our day absolutely memorable and perfect! They started with subtle acoustic ceremony music, skilfully set up and presented beautifully with our chosen ceremony songs. Dave was also able to accompany our guest solo trumpeter which added emotion and depth to the bride entrance procession- simply gorgeous. Then they provided cocktail acoustic set whilst we had our welcome drinks - subtle and stunning. Vocal harmonies were amazing and acoustic guitar was lovely in this setting. Then we had our meal and after that they transformed their set into a booming party set with great lighting and their style was brilliant - I cannot recommend them enough - their momentum and energy kept the party going until early hours - thanks a million - unforgettable and amazing musicians who interact with guests all night - great people xxxxxx
20/09/2013 at 21:14
We loved it xx
24/09/2013 at 20:16

Hi Kathy I’m so thrilled to hear all went well and there was no need to send a playlist to the DJ I can now relax and look forward to our special day thanks a lot for all info. Your honeymoon sounds like magic I’m so jealous! Hopefully will manage to persuade h2b to book a fantastic honeymoon destination as well, love the idea of Mexico and NY but first need to save enough

Hey Vicki may I ask you did you get married in church? your wedding day just sounds fantastic I can hardly wait for mine to come. Thanks for all the info girlies and congratulations once again

24/09/2013 at 20:41
It sure was magic. After the calmness of Cascais if was a bit of a crazy holiday. Just amazing.
We had a church ceremony too. Found a stunning little church close to our hotel. The priests & sacristan were truly amazing & so helpful. If ur even half thinking of a church wedding, just go for it. A little bit of paper work but well worth it.
Kathy x
Ps. Email me on kathysynnott@gmail.com if u want any advice xx
26/09/2013 at 12:32

A huge thank you to Double Cocktail for performing at our wedding at the Sheraton Algarve Beach Club in September 2013. I cannot recommend Double Cocktail enough to anyone who is seeking a live band. From the moment I contacted Steffie and Dave they simply couldn't do enough to accomodate our every request. Steffie you reassured me all the way and answered the many many emails I sent to you from the UK. On the night itself you surpassed all our expectations, just as you said you kept everyone dancing and I have never had so many positivie comments about the evening entertainment at a wedding. You two are truely amazing and made our day the best of our lives. If only we could do it all again!  Any bride wanting a band look no further - Double Cocktail are incredible.

Thanks Jeanie (Herts, UK)

20/10/2013 at 18:28

Congrats Jeanie!!! I’m thrilled for you and happy to hear another bride very pleased with DC I’m so looking forward to my wedding day now I know all will be magical by having such a great band being part of our special day. did you use a wedding planner to help you or did you organize the whole bit by yourself?

15/11/2013 at 17:41

Hi everyone if you’re looking for an amazing band to perform your wedding these are the ones to book. Saw them last Saturday in Dublin and they simply blew me socks off they got the whole crowd up dancing to their tunes, congrats dc!! you guys simply rock!!

03/04/2014 at 12:48

When you are searching a band for your event, the choices seem to be endless, even more so, complicated. Make sure that you choose a band that is in the right category for the type of party you are having.

Wedding DJ

25/05/2014 at 14:20

The Bussiness Band are a great for Algarve Weddings. Fantastic entertainment and really get the guests going, very interative with the crowd and guaranteed to please. I can highly reccomend them for Algarve Weddings, Private Parties or functions. You ca see them plaing live on fridays in the Melting Pot in Quinta do lago, in Izzys beach bar on sunday afternoons and at BJs beach bar in the afternoons on fridays. They also play at the pool bar in Dunas duradas on saturday evenings. They can be booked as a duo, 3 piece or 4 piece band and also provide a superb DJ service for the night party. A great bunch of young guys who really know how to entertain and get on with all of the guests, including the kids!!. If you need any more info their website is - algarve wedding band or you can call or email them on Tel : (+351) 912 224 445

Your say
email image

Which online planning tools would you find useful?