Weddings abroad

1 to 11 of 11 posts

New bride

Looking for ANY advice/tips from other Croatia brides.

Have a few ideas but basically looking at May/June 2018 for 75 guests.

Had a quote from a planner which is a huge chunk of my budget but not sure I could go it alone.

Looking forward to hearing from you :)

Hi Sarah, 

We are getting married in Dubrovnik in May this year... our wedding is very small, with only a few family members but we are using a wedding planner. I don't think we could have arranged our wedding without her. She has done everything for us so far and despite our wedding being less than three months away, I am entirely relaxed about the whole thing... that feeling is well worth her fee. 

We are using Dubrovnik Event; Ines and her husband are fantastic.

Good luck!

New bride

Hi Emma,

You must be so excited.  We are planning a trip in May to view a few venues and hopefully meet a few wedding planners. I will definitely look up Ines- do you mind me asking roughly how much she is?

I feel I have a million questions for you! What kind of ceremony are you having?

We are getting very excited now. We are having a small wedding, just us and our little one, along with 4 family members. We are having our civil ceremony at the Dubrovnik Palace viewpoint and then moving into the Old Town for a reception dinner. 

I'm sure Ines' fee was €2000 and that includes a lot of services and a basic amount of time with a photographer. She is arranging everything for us and we will pay our suppliers through her. 

Feel free to ask any questions you have, although my experience is limited since our wedding is so small 

New bride

We're getting married in early June, with the reception in the old town and the ceremony on Lokrum. About 35 people in total.

Most planners (in Dubrovnik, at least!) charge around €2000, and what  they include varies a little. Ours is the wonderful Marcela at D'Inapiration- I can't praise her highly enough. 

Happy to answer  any questions :)

New bride

Sounds like you ladies have got the right idea with a planner - with having a large party I think it might eliminate stress!

we are looking at hvar 😊

I'm thinking a civil ceremony but would love to see the script?! I've always wanted something personal after going to a wedding in Australia where they used a celebrant... I'm worried the Croatian ceremony will be lost on me and my guests!

My only other option would be to do something symbolic in hvar and have a secret registry office before we go at home?!

so many decisions!

New bride

Hi Sarah, 

We are getting married in Dubrovnik in August 2018 with a similar sized wedding to yours. Our wedding planner is through Dubrovnik Luxury Weddings. 

Feel free to ask any questions ☺

New bride

We are getting married in June 2017 at hotel excelsior and the reception at hotel lapad.  We are using Dubrovnik design wedding planner who have been amazing so far.  

New bride

Hello :) 

My partner and I are getting married in Hvar in June 2018. We booked zori for our reception directlu and found that the packages where much cheaper than the planners offer. Zori have been great to deal with and so helpful! We are having 30-40 people.

We hired planners to help with the symbolic ceremony only - the package included st marks church hire, chairs, flowers, music, ceremony etc and was under 2000 euro. However they have since told us that st marks will be under renovation and that they'll get back to us with more options soon! we are still waiting weeks later and I find I'm doing most of the research myself! 

Let me know if you find any lovely ceremony locations that i might have missed or good suppliers ect! 

if you want a personalised symbolic ceremony look up Ives cikatic or on Facebook symbolic wedding officiant Croatia I read a good review about her! She also charges 240 for the ceremony and a planner quoted me 400 just for the celebrant! 

good luck :) 

New bride

I'm getting married on Hvar island in August 2018 - has anyone booked a hair and make-up artist or found a good florist yet?