01/06/2012 at 01:45
hi everyone

I am planning my wedding for may/june 2014 and I really like the look of the Athena Beach hotel. Would anyone be kind enough to share their wedding budget with me especially those who have got married here :~) im not sure if its just a pipe dream or we could actually afford to get married here. Also would it be best to organise everything direct or with an outside planner?
Im hoping to have the beach gazebo followed by a BBQ for approx 40 people. I dont mind organising flowers, photography etc myself if its going to work out cheaper. Any reccomendations welcome!
03/06/2012 at 14:33
Welcome Messom2b

I am not getting married here, but have you contacted the hotel direct for a price? Other option would be to contact a wedding planner that covers that area.
We get married May 2013 in Protaras and having our reception out there too for approx 30 guests and our total should be less that 6k with a 5 star 2 week stay at hotel.
Hope that helps a bit

http://img.weddingcountdown.com/ticker/jpgwmip5xw.png

04/06/2012 at 02:31
Hi thebluegreenhouse,

What hotel are you holding your wedding at in Protaras? I have started looking at this area. Its so difficult choosing a hotel!!

Hi Messom2b,

I have found the wedding planners in cyprus really helpful. Paphos wedding belles seem great you can add them on Facebook. They have answered lots of questions for me even tho I havent yet decided if im going to use them or book through a tour operator here! I am also hoping to Marry May 2014. x
04/06/2012 at 10:48
Hi girls think I'm heading towards booking athena beach hotel paphos. I have emailed a number of wedding planners who have all been great and really helpful however I just can't see the point of paying for one when I can do everything myself with the help of the wedding planner at the hotel. I'm wondering if anyone knows anyone who's been married at the Athena beach and could tell me what the reception was like at the hotel (as it is quite pricey) just want to know that it's going to be worth it
05/06/2012 at 13:55
Hi my friend got married there last yr. I didnt like it much i felt it was too impersonal. I didnt like the way she had to walk past the hotel swimming pools which were full of hotel guests and she got her dress soaking wet. Nor did i like the fact that she also got married under neath the gazebo but the hotel didnt think to ask some of the sunbathers to move away. We were sat underneath it with two people laid on their sunloungers right next to us listening to everything.
It wasnt my idea of a perfect wedding day at all. The evening meal was held in the middle of the out door restaurant with all of the other diners and we were separated at all. Bride and groom still had to join the que and get their food like everyone else.
As for the wedding cake it wasnt nice at all. The hotel kept us waiting before we got the wedding started. Wouldnt recommend it at all. Sorry.
Edited: 05/06/2012 at 13:56
05/06/2012 at 15:38
Thanks christabellauk
It is good to know these things. I have now read many many great reviews about Athena but your comments do concern me. I may email the hotel and see if I can request that these things are not going to be a problem let you know how I get on. Thanks again, I haven't payed any deposits etc yet so hopefully we can either ensure there's no problems Or start looking at alternatives
14/09/2012 at 21:36
15/09/2012 at 15:31

Hi

We are hoping to get married May 2014 at Dome Beach Hotel, has anyone heard anything about this place or been before? I was under the impression that i cannot book anything until 12 months before the  wedding is to take place, is this true?

xx 

29/09/2012 at 10:17
Edited: 29/09/2012 at 10:23
29/09/2012 at 10:25
I am looking to get married in June 2014 at the atlantica Aeneas hotel in Aiya Napa has anyone ever been to a wedding there and if so would you recommend it
01/10/2012 at 17:35
christabellauk wrote (see)
Hi my friend got married there last yr. I didnt like it much i felt it was too impersonal. I didnt like the way she had to walk past the hotel swimming pools which were full of hotel guests and she got her dress soaking wet. Nor did i like the fact that she also got married under neath the gazebo but the hotel didnt think to ask some of the sunbathers to move away. We were sat underneath it with two people laid on their sunloungers right next to us listening to everything.
It wasnt my idea of a perfect wedding day at all. The evening meal was held in the middle of the out door restaurant with all of the other diners and we were separated at all. Bride and groom still had to join the que and get their food like everyone else.

This is what happens with most beach/hotel weddings, they don't tend to advertise the fact that the beach front area used for weddings is still always open to other guests - I did a lot of research after originally wanting a beach wedding and that's ultimately what put me off

Although with the meal etc, that must've been the bride & grooms choice, although again be realy careful with hotel weddings, especially if you plan to get married in the same hotel you're staying in, because I've heard of some where they'll even have 2 weddings at the same time, at opposite sides of a room!!

01/10/2012 at 20:13
Hi

I've booked my wedding at athena beach for next may. If you email them Jayne the wedding planner will send over all the prices to you. For the meal you are probably looking at about ???40 per person. The ceremony is quite reasonable I think the biggest cost is the photographer! And the cake is really cheap!

I went out there in feb to see the hotel and there is a kids play area near the ceremony place but she said to me it would be closed while my wedding was on so hopefully that's the case! Xx
02/10/2012 at 15:06
heliganeden wrote (see)
christabellauk wrote (see)

This is what happens with most beach/hotel weddings, they don't tend to advertise the fact that the beach front area used for weddings is still always open to other guests - I did a lot of research after originally wanting a beach wedding and that's ultimately what put me off

Although with the meal etc, that must've been the bride & grooms choice, although again be realy careful with hotel weddings, especially if you plan to get married in the same hotel you're staying in, because I've heard of some where they'll even have 2 weddings at the same time, at opposite sides of a room!!

So glad i went to view hotels while on holiday this year. The holiday brochures and websites sell a dream but one hotel we see there was sunbeds right next to the wedding gazebo and jet skis, speed boats blocking the full sea view behind.

I am at the process of contacting wedding planners but think we have picked a place now. Just unsure if to do it May 2014 or the Sept 2014???

27/10/2012 at 15:31

Hi Ladies....Cyprus Brides To Be on FB is brilliant if you haven't already found it x

Your say
email image