Weddings abroad

LAKE COMO, ITALY - WEDDING 2018!!! HELP

41 to 53 of 53 posts

New bride

Hi all!

I'm getting married in September 2018 and i wanted to see if anyone had recommendations for a lighting & sound company? We've been quoted by Blunotte and find them quite expensive (approx 22,000 euro)

For other vendors if anybody is interested:

- flowers - figli de fiori

- make up - still undecided but have shortlisted Daniela and Guanziroli and Jennifer Bradburn

- catering - AFM

I am also still looking for:

- private water boat, for small group bridal party

- larger boat  x 2- for group of 20 (one coming from Como and one from Cernobbio)

- fireworks - something sub 5k euro??

thanks all in advance!

New bride

Hi Ruth,

Congrats!  I got married at Villa Lario, in June last year.  I can't help with your requirements but would say I ended up bringing a hair & makeup artist from the UK.  It wasn't too expensive to pay for 1 person's flight and accommodation, and I found it much nicer to have someone English, plus able to do my trial in the UK which was easier!

Jx

New bride

Hi

I cant help on the lighting and sound company - I think Blunotte has a monopoly in the area. If you get a band from elsewhere they'd be likely to bring own sound equipment though.

For the bigger boat there are only a few suppliers.... Galli Boats and Boat Services. We found Galli Boats cheaper.

For the smaller boat - I assume you mean a taxi style boat that will hold about 10? google the town where you'll be based at. There's lots in Bellagio and Varenna. We are using Barindelli Taxi Boats in Bellagio.  

Lake Como Taxi Boats who are based in Cernobbio have a taxi boat as well.

If your looking for a Riva Boat contact DdA Lifestyle (part of Lido di Lenno) or Como Classic Boats.

We're getting married in June - only 3 weeks to go!

New bride

Danielle236 wrote (see post):

Hi Everyone,

Can anyone recommend a drink supplier for after ceremony cocktails at Balbianello?

Earlier in the thread Maddalena suggested allowing €600+vat but we’ve been told the minimum spend is €2500! We only have 28 guests so this seem extortionate at €90 per head. 

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thank you 👍🏻😊

Hi, If you are having the ceremony followed by the apretivo at Balbianello the 2017 price I was quoted is 35E per head plus 10% VAT.

I think the company that do it is called Class Eventi who are the caterer for Balbianello,

Might be cheaper to have the apretivo at your reception location?

New bride

J12 wrote (see post):

Hi Ruth,

Congrats!  I got married at Villa Lario, in June last year.  I can't help with your requirements but would say I ended up bringing a hair & makeup artist from the UK.  It wasn't too expensive to pay for 1 person's flight and accommodation, and I found it much nicer to have someone English, plus able to do my trial in the UK which was easier!

Jx

@J12 - Agreed with bringing a hair and make up from the UK. That's what I am doing.

The only good / western style one I could find in Lake Como was Daniela Guanziroli but they get booked very fast and to be honest communicating with Daniela was a bit of a nightmare.

Bridezilla

Can’t reccommend daniela Guanziroli enough, she did make up and hair for my wedding in Como last September without me ever having a trial and she absolutely nailed it! x

New bride

Thanks so much for the replies ladies!! 

New bride

Hey ladies!

My wedding is in 10 weeks!! eek.

Can anyone recommend a florist, my wedding planners quotes are INSANE!! Also, are there any boats that take up to 20 people around the lake for 1 hour? Im having my hen party out there and again, wedding planners quote is crazy!

thank youuuuuu

Bridezilla

Not sure who our florist was so can’t help with that but we used Varenna taxi boat for a cruise after our ceremony, think they can fit 18? X

New bride

Hi ladies

All your weddings sound incredible! If anyone needs a photographer Aug 28-31, I'll be in Varenna!

Enjoy your beautiful wedding days!

https://www.instagram.com/ivyroadphotography/

New bride

Yazzz88 wrote (see post):

Hey ladies!

My wedding is in 10 weeks!! eek.

Can anyone recommend a florist, my wedding planners quotes are INSANE!! Also, are there any boats that take up to 20 people around the lake for 1 hour? Im having my hen party out there and again, wedding planners quote is crazy!

thank youuuuuu

The most reasonably priced florist in lake como is Mario Pirovano who is based in Bellagio.

Because they are in Bellagio the flowers are refresher if your wedding is nearby.

New bride

I am trying to plan my wedding in Lake como for 2019 and just received an estimate from our wedding planner, should I also factor in tip/gratuity into the total cost? 

New bride

Hi ladies,

All of your wedding plans sound amazing. If you have any questions I may be able to help as got married here a few years ago. Just ask.