unfortunately I have scared myself reading horror stories online. who have you used to book your weddings in Mexico? Looking at the end of 2019 so need to be quick but I’m stuck. Tui, Thompson’s or private wedding company ?😩
I got married in Mexico 3 weeks ago and I used Thomas Cook, they were amazing!
There are things you need to know if you are going to get married there, some things are told straight away and some you find out though the wedding planner.
- You and your partner will need to arrive in Mexico with any witnesses 4 days before the wedding
- You and your partner will have to have blood tests before you get married, you pay this before you leave UK and it is a cost of $650
- If neither of you have been married before you have the choice to only present your passports instead of getting all paperwork translated (if you just present passports then your parents names will not be on the wedding certificate)
- Your wedding certificate comes in Spanish, you can have it translated in Mexico for a fee, however it can take up to 4 months to arrive. I brought mine home and am having it translated here for a fraction of the price with copies.
- Your ceremony will be in Spanish, you will need to pay the hotel for a translator for it to be in English, we paid $200
- certain hotels offer free wedding packages, we went with this option but your wedding planner will put you in touch with vendors for photography, cakes ect and this will cost extra.
- 80% of your guests have to stay at the same hotel as you, any outside guests have to purchase a day pass for the wedding and will have to leave by a certain time. Normally 11pm (we went out into town after everyone had left)
I can't think of anything else at the moment but don't let this put you off, I had one of the most stress free weddings and planning was amazing. The weather was great and in such a beautiful location. If you need any help feel free to message me x