Weddings abroad

what wedding favours are you having abroad? x

41 to 55 of 55 posts

Bridezilla

We were going to get favours, but struggled to find things that seemed personal to us and our very laid back theme. We're not really have place settings/ laid out table as its a buffet meal, so instead we've decided to pay for the guests drinks for the night. We think they'll appreciate that more. And then we'll send out cards/ photosas a thank you on our return. It's a tough one, as we want people to feel appreciated for making the effort to be with us, but dont want to go overboard on stuff. Love the goody bag idea, but the expense.....

Bridezilla

I got mini whiskey and champers in the sale after xmas and am making a kilt for the whiskeys and a irish dancing dress for the champers, well hopefully. Have paid for extra luggage allowance for bm and her partner plus best man.

Bridezilla

Anyone know what would be traditional in Italy?

New bride

Hello, happytimes if you still have the template for your fans please could you send me a copy - this is one of the BEST ideas i have seen and so personal - you have great vision, i hope you had an amazing wedding. I am getting married in cyprus next september but cant decide weather to get married at the olympic lagoon or the grecian sands x x
[

New bride

I've been loking into different things and think we are going to get sweets (flavoured rock) which has different saying's on it. On ebay link below hope it works - if not type in wedding favour rock sweets.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/545g-100-Wedding-Favour-Rock-Sweets-Purple-Black-Red-Pink-White-Blue-/330624873215?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Celebrations_Occasions_ET&var=&hash=item7dbd3b2ba3

New bride

I have had a look and i like it - I did look in a shop in poole for this kind of thing but they all said things like sister, dad etc i never thought to look on ebay - thank you x
[

New bride

Hi Girls,

I am getting married in Paphos in June and I am taking mine over with me. I have organza bags and for the ladies a silver heart, a sixpence charmoing, a fridge magnet (with our names and dates on) and I am also going to take minature bottles!! sounds a lot but I cant help buying. I also have silk fans for the church and making my own bags of confetti for the ladies. For the men its minatures and aftershave!

The kids have got everything from books to cards to charms and thank you plaques all in personal bags. I cant wait to give people the gift

i know it sounds a lot but I just think people are traveling for the wedding and I think they deserve a sort of goody bag.
xxxxx

Wedding addict

We will have a luggage tag with a thank you note as a wedding favors, since I think most of the guests will use them when they travel, and our wedding theme is "Travel" so it fits great !!!

New bride

Ive done personlised colouring books off ebay 4 kids with sweets fans for service bells and baileys minitures and also ive done door hangers for the morning of the wedding saying thankyou with a poem x

New bride

We're having coasters, wine charms and mini bottles of wine,with a homemade luggage tag that will double as the name card. We're getting married in Napa Valley and wanted to do something a bit special for our guests as they will all be travelling to the wedding.

New bride

Hi everyone

whats a scratch card?

G

New bride

We too are getting married in Cyprus we are thinking of donating £2 per guest to cancer researcH, they send you a card with your wedding date on and a badge for each guest. think it's a nice touch  http://giveincelebration.cancerresearchuk.org/say-i-do

New bride

I got married in Italy... land of excellent wine! my wedding planner suggetsted small bottles of wine. She created custom name stikers... all of the guests really appreciated the gift!

New bride

Hey ladies!

Hope your weddings all went well!

I'm going to order some fans also, our themes is blush/rose gold and I was going to order blush pink ones.

I was just wondering if it's okay for men to receive one too? Not sure lol

Thanks

Nicola