30/06/2007 at 16:20
I was supposed to be getting married in August, but we've had to put the wedding off thanks to feuding parents - thankfully not mine! We've not yet set another date, but I would like to get married overseas where NOONE can come and potentially cause any more problems. I have a full-on wedding dress (complete with train) and we would be looking at going between December and May next year. Any suggestions I can put to H2B to convince him that a registry office wedding isn't quite the "dream day" I was imagining????
30/06/2007 at 18:02
Hiya Krazykitten!
I have just returned from Limassol Cyprus and had a fantastic time! All the family really enjoyed it, and we are going to return as soon as we can...
I wore a full dress with long train tiara and veil...you wont look odd marrying in full dress here!
You can like me get married at the anglican church or at the townhall, both beautiful places, we stayed at the Miramare Beach Resort
Anymore info then please let me know, i will be happy to help you with anything..
Jo x
30/06/2007 at 18:04
Thanks!! Cyprus is definately on his list of places to go at some point, so it wouldn't be too hard to convince him...did you go through a wedding co-ordinator or a package deal? Or did you do it all yourself?
01/07/2007 at 06:32
Hi,

I am getting married in leu gardens in Florida, ideal place for me. You should look at places you like, its an endless choice.
01/07/2007 at 10:48
Hi

I am getting married in Mauritius at the Maritim Hotel. We knew we wanted to get married abroad so the first thing we did was go to all the travel agents for different brochures as there are so many beautiful places you can get married, Happy planning
01/07/2007 at 13:25
Hi am getting married on a private island off Hydra - Greece ..To be honest there are so many destinations you have to work out what is suitable for people to get to ..as for the dress i have a HUGE dress completley impratical but pah it is my day so who cares
01/07/2007 at 18:33
We're not inviting anyone! So that's not so much of a problem and it means we will have more money to spend on a nice hotel. Are you planning by yourself or using a wedding co-ordinator or a travel agency?
02/07/2007 at 05:03
Hi krazykitten
i booked through Libra Holidays and went with the gold pkg,that included ~
Decorated wedding car
Long bouquet of flowers
button hole for groom
2 tier wedding cake
1 bttle sparkling wine
video/dvd
36 photographs
i used Eve from cyprus4weddings/ weddings in style
for my extras
hair for me
2 bridesmaid hair
the fun bus
flower posy for chief bridesmaid
petal bags for younger bridesmaids
nails
i used nicky from cyprusbridalbeauty for my make-up and mum in laws make-up and my toe gel overlay, and bless her she came from Paphos to my hotel in Limassol(thanx nicky!)
But as your going alone i would use Eve for everything, and forget about booking through a travel agent for your wedding, it will cost less but most importantly you will have your day as you`d like it...I can honestly say Eve bent over backwards for Mark and i
Goodluck
and let me know how you get on..
Love
Jo x
02/07/2007 at 05:20
Hi Krazykitten

We are also marrying in cyprus and have to a degree we have done most of the planning ourselves,

We have booked the hotel direct, we will book our own flights as soon as we can, we booked the reception venue ourselves.

We also have a wedding planner, which comes with a package of flowers, car, cake, assitance with paperwork and a few other bits

Which leaves the rest either up to me or through the planner.
02/07/2007 at 08:46
Have you thought of kefalonia, Greece?
Very pretty, budget friendly and some super places to stay.;\)
02/07/2007 at 10:58
We were having the same problems as you.So we have decided to please ourselves not everybody else.Do what we are doing!!!
http://www.cat-charters.com
They are so helpful, i cant wait!! Nov 2008!
02/07/2007 at 11:05
Hey Krazykiten - we have just married in the Seychelles and didn't invite anyone! i don't think I could have picked anything more perfect it was simply amazing! Feel free to have a look at my pictures www.paulaandgary.weddingpath.com and look on wedding photoshare.
Good luck.
Zx
02/07/2007 at 11:24
Hi There,

I am getting married in Southern Italy and I have arranged everything through Emma at Luna Rosa. There will just be the two of us and we are staying in a really nice boutique hotel overlooking the sea in Amalfi. She has been really helpful sending lots of info on the venue and the menus. We are even having a helicopter ride over the Amalfi coast!. The ceremony will be in the cloisters in Sorrento.
11/07/2007 at 15:00
hi,

we just got married at the beach in spain (barcelona). we had an absolutely romantic ceremony at sunset.

if you want some more infos or help organizing your wedding in spain talk to jessica, she was our weddingplanner. she really saved us alot of stress and money.
her email: weddingplanner.spain@gmail.com

have fun planning your wedding

bye chriss
11/07/2007 at 15:01
hi,

we just got married at the beach in spain (barcelona). we had an absolutely romantic ceremony at sunset.

if you want some more infos or help organizing your wedding in spain talk to jessica, she was our weddingplanner. she really saved us alot of stress and money.
her email: weddingplanner.spain@gmail.com

have fun planning your wedding

bye chriss
16/07/2007 at 08:32
Hi, im getting married in Bali in May 2008, we currently have 37 guests and im so excited!!! Weve managed to get a very reasonable price for everyone £1175 pp for a double room which is 2 weeks all inclusive, i didnt think was bad at all!!
17/07/2007 at 07:51
Hello!
It really depends on budget and personal preference.
We struggled for months to choose a venue but settled on St Lucia, really beautiful and the hotels range from affordable to ridiculous! We're staying in the Rendevous which has worked out £5,500 for 2 wks A.I so we were safe in the knowledge guests wouldn't stay too!
Although we are having around 30 people joining us, they're all staying in the same hotel about 10 minutes away so not too close and it's quite reasonable £2,400 for two people A.I for 2 wks.
There are so many options though.

Happy hunting!;\)
17/07/2007 at 09:26
Im getting married in Ayia Napa, Cyprus. Picked there cos we have been there a few times and its special to us. Its also the island of love. Have you got a special holiday place that you have been to? Perhaps you could go back there? Failing that go to the travel agents and ask them for ideas, im sure they will be able to show you some lovely locations.
Your say
email image

Which online planning tools would you find useful?
Budget calculator (24%)
Guest lists (3%)
Planning task list (14%)
RSVP charts (6%)
Interactive seating chart (33%)
Music and downloads (9%)
Ability to share ideas with other brides (7%)
Website to share with guests (4%)