Weight loss for your wedding

Diet denial... hold me accountable!

221 to 240 of 254 posts

Bridezilla

Blimey MrsPtobe! That’s impressive! I signed up for the GSR in April and the following week I suffered a grade 3 calf tear whilst doing a Tough Mudder  so my training had to take a back seat for 3 months. So unfortunately I doubt I’ll be anywhere near the 10 miles in training so I will probably have to make it a walk/run but I still want to do it! I’m doing a 10k at Goodwood motor circuit next month so that will give me a better idea of my progress! Damm injuries!! 

New bride

Welcome Sonia! Have you set a wedding date yet and know how much time you have to lose weight by?

I'm in the process of booking now! I feel like all I can think of right now is weddings, my focus on work is so bad! lol! Does this get any better?

I'm looking at June 2019 so I don't really have a lot of time, I've reached that plateau stage where the weight doesn't want to budge.  Maybe I should sign up to a marathon too? I'm not sporty at all and struggle with the motivation!

Bridezilla

Ah Kelly see I think tough mudders are impressive, I’ve not been convinced to do one yet as I have no upper body strength and would fail. Sorry to hear about your injury, hope you recover in time.

Sonia I don’t think there’s one correct way to lose weight or exercise, everyone has something that works for them. For me I go to a SW group as I find being held accountable to my group helps me stay on plan. Same with exercise, give running a go but if you’re not a fan no point in carrying on because everyone else does it.

Bridezilla

I go to slimming world too, would definitely recommend it as a lifestyle to follow. In terms of exercise though you need to find something you enjoy otherwise you won’t stick to it! So it might be running but it also might be a dance class or swimming. Just something that keeps your active can definitely assist with the weight loss and in my case toning up! The scales aren’t moving much for me but I’m losing inches. I’ve been having a PT session once a week and then also go spinning, running and do Joe Wicks DVD so I mix it up each week. 

MrsPtobe re the Tough Mudder - was hideous and never again!!! I did it to raise money for a friends charity but I honestly wish I hadn’t as it set me so far back in my running training. But oh well! At least I can say I’ve done one. 

New bride

Thank you all! I will keep you posted.  A mixture of things is a good idea -  I will try that and see if I find something I enjoy.  I feel that I would feel fat shamed at SW - I know this isn't how it is! I work shift patterns which is always a killer because you feel like you DESERVE indulgent food when you finish work at 2am  lol! 

Have just booked 29th June so countdown begins!

Bridezilla

Weigh in this morning and lost 1.5lbs. Was hoping for at least another 2 as went from an evening to a morning weigh in but never mind.

I’m now going away until Saturday and then out all day on Sunday including attending a wedding on Thursday so will def gain next week but sometimes you’ve just got to enjoy life.

Bridezilla

Forgot to update on Wednesday but I managed 3.5lbs on, oops haha.

At a work do tonight that includes a three course meal and free wine, eek. Hoping staying on plan the rest of the time and my training for the GSR is fully underway is enough to get me a loss.

Bridezilla

Oh dear! We all deserve a little treat sometimes though. Hope you had a lovely dinner.

I’ve had a mega carby cheat weekend and I’m determined not to let myself slip again so I’m going to be on it this week. Been for a run this morning and trying to be positive for the week to come!

Bridezilla

Oh gosh it’s been weeks since I’ve been on here. I didn’t quite make the 10 bracket for my hen but felt better in a bikini than I have in ages so that was good. Put on 4lbs which was no surprise but managed to get those off again by my birthday last Thursday but I’ve weighed myself this morning and I’m back to 11st6. Again no surprise as I’ve had four days of eating and drinking everything. I mean on Saturday I had fish and chips followed shortly by a cream tea, so 5lbs isn’t exactly a surprise! I am due on this week as well so a 1lb of that is probably down to that. I feel so bloated and yuck, you really are what you eat! Anyway.... I’ve had a ball but back on it this week and actually looking forward to getting back to a bit of normality and routine and making some healthy meals rather than eating out. I’ve said in my head I’d like a stone off by Christmas which is 16 weeks away so less than a pound a week to lose on average. I am also going to look in to gyms and PTs near me as I’d really like to do some weights etc to help change my shape and tone but haven’t a clue where to start really with a routine.

Bridezilla

1.5lbs off this week so I’ll take it.

Actually have a whole week now with nothing in my way so fingers crossed for next week!

Bridezilla

Well done!! That’s great. I was doing well the last two days but h2b had a stressful day at work so suggested we go for a drink when I got off the tube... ended up having dinner in a lovely little deli near us. Gorgeous but not exactly good for the diet! Why Is there so much temptation everywhere I go and why am I so horrendous at resisting it! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Bridezilla

Ashley72 wrote (see post):

Well done!! That’s great. I was doing well the last two days but h2b had a stressful day at work so suggested we go for a drink when I got off the tube... ended up having dinner in a lovely little deli near us. Gorgeous but not exactly good for the diet! Why Is there so much temptation everywhere I go and why am I so horrendous at resisting it! 🤦🏼‍♀️

I mean youve got protein, veg, grapes... got to be healthy surely!!

Looks amazing.