Weight loss for your wedding

Diet denial... hold me accountable!

1 to 9 of 9 posts

Wedding addict

So I got engaged at the end of October 2017 in Cuba. Since that point we have been celebrating and had Christmas, so when I finally got on the scales this morning I was shocked (but not overly surprised) to see that I have put on over two stone in the space of two months! 

I'm a fairly active person and usually gym 3 times per week, and I have a 1 hour PT session weekly. I have not kept this up since pre-holiday so need to get back into the swing of things. 

I've also opened MyFitnessPal again to start tracking my food, which I had completely slacked off of. 

I am off to Morocco in March with one of my BMs and would love to lose a stone and a half before then. 

This thread is more for keeping me accountable than anything else.. if i'm feeling brave it may even feature some progress photos. 

So here goes. I'm 5"11 (ish), currently struggling to fit into my size 12 dresses, and weigh 14 stone 3.75 .. 

Wish me luck! 

New bride

Good luck :) I need lose over a stone after a baby and a screw it attitude over Christmas 😂 in it together! 

Wedding addict

I had a break from the gym over my bithday (a week before Christmas) to just after New Years. I thought I’d have put on weight but surprisingly lost 0.6 of a pound! 😂 it’s not a lot but I’ll take it over gaining weight! Got back into my classes yesterday with legs, bums and tums and I’m feeling it today! 

Good luck with it - let us know how you get on 😊

Wedding addict

Thanks guys!! 

Oh how I wish that had been me Nottinghamshire... I'm mortified!!  Am heading to bootcamp tonight though. I'm getting married in Leicestershire so you'll have to let me know of any tips for suppliers. 

xx

Wedding addict

GinAndBling wrote (see post):

Thanks guys!! 

Oh how I wish that had been me Nottinghamshire... I'm mortified!!  Am heading to bootcamp tonight though. I'm getting married in Leicestershire so you'll have to let me know of any tips for suppliers. 

xx

I honestly didn’t think that’d be the case for me (I was dreading that I’d put on half a stone)! But I think it’s because I‘ve not been at work and therefore haven’t been snacking all day on whatever biscuits, cakes or chocolates are in staff room! 😂 When I go back, I’m going to need to have more self control, I think! 

And yes, of course, if you do need anything let me know! I’m pretty new to the whole planning thing myself, but I’m more than happy to help! 

😊 xx

Wedding addict

Thanks Notts. 

Currently sat here with my protein shake, black coffee and pineapple chunks after an hours PT session first thing! I just need to keep the image of a beautiful mermaid dress in my mind to keep me going! 

Wedding addict

Gin and Bling, you seem very committed so I’m sure that you’ll get there! 

I need to get my motivation back! Not been to gym even a 1/4 of what I usually do. But I think when I start back at work on Monday that will help, as I’ll be back in a set routine... Here‘s hoping anyway!

Wedding addict

Yes, I keep trying to tell myself its just a habit so once I get back into it it will be easy.. hmm... 

First weigh in and I’ve lost 3lbs this week, which includes an accidental drunken night out on Friday culminating in chicken nuggets and chips.. I’ll take that.