Weight loss for your wedding

My weight loss journey

1 to 20 of 49 posts

Bridezilla

Following on from yesterday's dress disaster I am going to start my own weight loss journey post. I've had lots of support from you guys on here and honestly it's meant a lot.

Until I join slimming world on Wednesday I have downloaded the My Fitness Pal app on my phone and I've dug out my bodyblade and 30 day Shred DVD which I am going to do every night.

I've taken all my measurements with the tape measure loose and weighed myself this morning. As of today it's exactly 2 stone I need to lose to get to where I was when I met Andrew. My current measurements equate to the shop sample size of my dress.

My plan is to walk 10000 steps a day, do either the bodyblade or Shred DVD daily, drink 1.5-2L of water a day and aim for around 1600 calories a day. I am going to measure monthly and weigh weekly.

I am collecting my dress at the end of January and plan to try it on again then.

Here we go 😄💪🏽

Bridezilla

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll smash it!

can I just give you one small bit of advice as a former personal trainer? It might seem like a good idea to workout everyday but ideally your body needs 2 rest days to recover muscles etc and you might find if you try and do it everyday you won’t be able to sustain it for very long.

obviously totally up to you though   at the moment I do one spin class a week and then 4 HIIT workouts from the joe wicks dvd - will be supporting you from afar! 

Bridezilla

Kelly224 wrote (see post):

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll smash it!

can I just give you one small bit of advice as a former personal trainer? It might seem like a good idea to workout everyday but ideally your body needs 2 rest days to recover muscles etc and you might find if you try and do it everyday you won’t be able to sustain it for very long.

obviously totally up to you though   at the moment I do one spin class a week and then 4 HIIT workouts from the joe wicks dvd - will be supporting you from afar! 

Thank you. I’ll use Sunday and Wednesday as my rest days 😁

Bridezilla

It’s day 3 today. Migraines are really bad and I’m very dizzy but so far so good. Meeting my step quota and drinking 1.5L water and I have been bang on my calorie intact via my fitness pal. Looking forward to slimming world on Wednesday but I am still going to track my calories on the app just to be safe.

Wedding addict

I'm under the 6 month countdown now for my wedding. I joined slimming world 3 weeks ago, 9lb loss so far. I wouldn't be limiting your calories whilst on slimming world, just do one or the other :)

Good luck!x

Bridezilla

Good luck on slimming world, i wish it worked for me but when they say "you can eat as much pasta as you want" im going to eat as much pasta as I bloody well want and get fat 😂 Calorie control is all thats worked for me and I was horrified when I actually realised how many calories where in a small amount of pasta, never mind the all you can eat version I was doing!

Migraines and feeling dizzy arent good, be careful you dont push yourself too hard, the last thing you want to do is crash and burn.

Bridezilla

MrsJ2017 wrote (see post):

Good luck on slimming world, i wish it worked for me but when they say "you can eat as much pasta as you want" im going to eat as much pasta as I bloody well want and get fat 😂 Calorie control is all thats worked for me and I was horrified when I actually realised how many calories where in a small amount of pasta, never mind the all you can eat version I was doing!

Migraines and feeling dizzy arent good, be careful you dont push yourself too hard, the last thing you want to do is crash and burn.

My body doesn’t agree with pasta very well and I bloat so much. Slimming world will give me the support I need but I fully intend to carry on calorie counting. I’ve had chronic migraines for years and the only thing that helps is bad carbs so cake etc. It’ll pass in a few days.

Bridezilla

Today I decided to weigh myself and I am 3lbs down. That’s just by doing the my fitness pal app and calorie counting with walking more. Also lost half inch off my hips and waist so all going well. Saturday is my official weigh in so i will post again then. My work uniform feels a lot looser on the tummy too 😁

Bridezilla

MrsHowgate2B wrote (see post):

Today I decided to weigh myself and I am 3lbs down. That’s just by doing the my fitness pal app and calorie counting with walking more. Also lost half inch off my hips and waist so all going well. Saturday is my official weigh in so i will post again then. My work uniform feels a lot looser on the tummy too 😁

I lost 5 stone by using My Fitness Pal so I'm a massive advocate for it! I'm a tight bugger and refused to spend money to be weighed lol. My only frustration is that I did it farrrr too late and that I'm a skinny wife rather than bride!!

Wedding addict

I've been doing Slimming World for 7 weeks and have lost 14.5 pounds. Have another 2 stone to lose, so am a third of the way there. My wedding is August next year and ideally want to have lost the remaining 2 stone by June when my final fittings should be.

Good luck ladies.

Wedding addict

Today was my 4th week at S/W and i've lost 13.5lb. I'm wanting to lose 5 stone in total, hopefully at least 3 stone before my wedding in May (left it a bit last minute!) but I haven't really felt as though i've been dieting so far... let's hope we all keep strong over the christmas week!!xxx

Bridezilla

Aww so cool to see other FitnessPal users, this app is simply the best!! I go on and off depending on how "good" I want to be but it really is the best companion to weight management.

Good luck MrsHowgate2B and everyone else! 

It's not easy but definitely worth it!

I lost 2 stones 4 years ago by simply eating "right", with time I put 1 stone back on  but lost it back now by doing a few things:

-drinking a lot of water 2L+

-limit on the carbs (I eat 70g per day. Took a bit of time to adjust but all good now. I love my food & have massive plates of chicken & veg, omelettes with mushrooms etc. It took a bit of time to know what I could and couldn't eat - Fitness pal nutrition info helped a lot -  but now I more or less know. 

-very light dinner (fish, sea food or soup are my favourite)

I know it's bad but I've tried so many times to go to the gym, or Zumba or doing some sport then I give up, but this I have been doing for months now and nice and easy to keep it up and stay at my current weight which is my ideal weight.

Good luck everyone & keep up posted x

Bridezilla

Well I have just weighed in and I have lost 4lb in my first week! Needless to say I am so pleased...

Bridezilla

Georgina74 wrote (see post):

Well done MrsHowgate2B... you'll be at your goal in no time!

Thank you Georgina74 and Vegaslou. I know the first week will always be a good loss. 2lb a week between now and the end of January and a maintain over Christmas would take me half way to target (a stone). 

Bridezilla

Still doing well but starting to struggle. I have to keep reminding myself of the end goal. I’ve lost a few inches but not sure if this is due to me being less bloated or not. In total it’s 6 inches I have lost all over and my work uniform feels a lot looser especially around the belly area. I find it frustrating that you lose more inches before the weight loss kicks in.

Bridezilla

This week I have hit a plateau and lost nothing. I have been averaging around 1400 calories a day (app recommends 1550) and drinking loads of water. I feel really despondent and hoping next week sees a loss. I have been very dizzy the last few days. I havent lost anymore in terms of inches as yet but not going to measure again for another 2 weeks now.