You & Your Baby

Baby monitors (sounds and movement) which one?

1 to 9 of 9 posts

Bridezilla

Hi,

Been looking at baby monitors in readiness for our bubs in early Jan - narrowed it down to two - the Tommee tippee one and the Angelcare one - both are the digital sound and movement monitors, but just not sure which is best as both have really good review (just as both have a couple of negative reviews too).... anyone got any experience of either brand that they can share?

Nik x

Bridezilla

Hi, we have the Angelcare AC401 Baby Movement Sensor Pad and Sound Monitor and have been really pleased with it. You have to switch the sensor pad off just before or fairly quickly after lifting baby out of cot or it goes off. You can also adjust sensitivity level for sound. Our sensor pad worked fine in the moses basket and travel cot but yet to test it out in the cot - you need a sheet of plywood to place it on. overall would recommend.

Bridezilla

ah thanks for that MrsH2128... that is the one I;m swaying towards so good to have a recommendation... most of the reviews ive seen the negative is about the alarm going off when you lift baby out, but surely that proves it works?!?!

Bridezilla

My friend had the angel care one and was fine until baby started rolling and moving in the cot then she was up 3 times a night as the alarm had gone off as he had rolled away from it.

Bridezilla

It does prove it works. I usually switch the monitor off before lifting my son out and switch it back on after - no annoying sounds then! He rolls around a lot - he ends up lying sideways at the end of his cot now and we have had no problems with the alarm going off because of that. He sleeps feet to foot and the pad is placed at the end of the cot.

Bridezilla

Hi, we have the tommee tipee monitor as hubby wanted a digital monitor for some reason and I was insistent on having the movement mat! The alarm has gone off a couple of times as Sam is a big wriggler but strangely I found it a little reassuring that it works! We have friends who have the angelcare monitor-don't think you can go wrong with either!

Hx

Bridezilla

We had 1 alarm in over 6 months with our angelcare..... And that was when Noah learnt to roll around his cot! As he has a cot bed it was just too big and the pad too small to do the job. But it took us past the 6 month danger area with no concerns at all.

Ours gave a warning peep if you'd not turned it off before you took him out- long enough to not be deafened by the alarm!

Would definitely recommend them! X

Bridezilla

I have the angelcare one and still use it for my 14 month old (only coz I've not yet figured out how to use it as a sound monitor only - lost the instructions ). It does go off sometimes when he's rolled off it, but these days I'm used to it and it rarely goes off during the night. It usually only last 5 seconds and then stops and I can hear him snoring anyway. It did give my mum a heart attack when she was baby sitting one evening and she rushed upstairs expecting to have to start cpr!
I love mine, it certainly gave me confidence to relax when baby was sleeping in those early months.
img]

Bridezilla

My cousin loves her angelcare one so think it was just my friend that had a strange experience