Your planning threads

Eeek! Here we go..January 2019

161 to 174 of 174 posts

Bridezilla

CavalierBride wrote (see post):

Just binged your entire thread! You are local to me, Oddfellows is in our local park where we walk the dog most days. I love the park and it was one of the things that softened the blow moving into OH’s house when we decided to live together (made far more practical sense but I hate our house!). Anyway Oddfellows was out of our budget but I was still wondering whether it would be worth considering, I’ve used the beauty rooms and had drinks before but never eaten there, so you’ve made me feel happy to keep that off the list! 

Your venue is also on the longlist, but for now I’m avoiding places that close friends got married in. I loved it when my friends had theirs though, it was in December and really suited a winter wedding I thought. Pretty sure the food was great too, although I was pretty drunk so I can’t remember what we had! 

Your dress is breathtaking! 

Yay lovely to have a local bride, my middle son goes to Cheadle Catholic so we park at Bruntwood every day to walk through.  I so wanted Oddfellows to be perfect but have not had a successful visit yet.  I'm off to read your thread now and thank you for mentioning your friends wedding it gives me renewed faith in my venue, our plan is to get everyone drunk so they don't notice anything that goes wrong haha x

Bridezilla

A trip to IKEA this weekend for baskets for the fur sliders and some blankets for while we do sparklers. My neighbour was also selling this chalkboard for £5 so I snapped it up! 

We bought a box for cards that I will need to paint so hopefully I'll have pictures of that later in the week

Slowly ticking things off the list πŸ€—

A quick update on my weight loss I've lost 9lbs this month so only about half a stone more than when I bought my dress. My style fitting is on Monday but hopefully I'll have lost more for my official fitting 🀐

Bridezilla

More problems with the venue.  I could actually cry.

The coordinator is saying we don't have the flowers/centrepieces in our package despite confirming it verbally and in writing twice.

She still hasn't answered questions that I have repeatedly asked since August regarding our menu.

They are now saying they don't have fairy lights or patio heaters for the terrace for our sparklers.  Great in January!!!  This is in addition to us losing the Santa's grotto for our guestbook.

The wine has changed to spanish crap wine.

She won't send through pictures of our cocktails for the reception drinks and wants us to pay for a cocktail making session?!

We've got just over 8 weeks and I feel like the day is going to be a disaster because she can't communicate anything.  Luckily I have two great friends that I know I can give a copy of my requests too and they can make sure everything is set up/correct before I arrive on the day.  But it shouldn't be this difficult.  I organise conferences for my job and she is one of the worst I've come across.

I emailed the General Manager (who is new) last week and he has emailed today to say there is a lot of she says/he says about the booking which has got my back up.  Everything is in writing.  He wants to meet without her so will see if that brings back my faith in them.  I thought we had sorted everything last time....

Bridezilla

I'm so sorry you're going through this, i know the feeling as i'm having the same issues, but were still 17 months out at least. 

I know you dont need the added stress, but dont let them walk all over you, you have it in writing. I would make it clear if you arent given what you have confirmed in writing you will be expecting some of the cost back, as they arent providing the service you paid and signed up for. 

Just keep calm, and once the day is over, write an honest review so future couples dont have the same hassle! 

Bridezilla

CoffeeDogAddict wrote (see post):

I'm so sorry you're going through this, i know the feeling as i'm having the same issues, but were still 17 months out at least. 

I know you dont need the added stress, but dont let them walk all over you, you have it in writing. I would make it clear if you arent given what you have confirmed in writing you will be expecting some of the cost back, as they arent providing the service you paid and signed up for. 

Just keep calm, and once the day is over, write an honest review so future couples dont have the same hassle! 

I've just read all your thread, so sorry you are having similar issues (love both pairs of your shoes BTW!!).  It's so frustrating and an extra stress we just don't need.

I've read some bad reviews on trip adviser too so that's giving me doubts and another worried bride messaged me on here.  I'm hoping it all won't matter on the day but if they mess up the food and drink I'm going to be livid.  That's what is most important and why we booked them (similar to your BBQ nightmares).

I'm going to meet with the GM armed with my print outs and questions and I hope he has all the answers this time! I mean business haha! 

Bridezilla

Too right! Go in firm, and i always find the best way to get them to think from your point of view is asking them to explain it: "ok, so youre saying i cant have XYZ but could you explain why that is, as you can see i have in writing saying i can have it so i dont understand whats changed" And then theyre forced to either accept theyre in the wrong, or they then understand what theyre saying or asking for is ridiculous. 

Im hoping to plan everything within my power myself and for people around me, so that the venue have as little involvement as possible. I know thats not as easy in your scenario, but giving jobs to people you can might help ease the worry of what the venue might get wrong. 

Crossing everything for you! x

Bridezilla

Ah sorry you're having a pain with the venue. I think going in armed with everything in writing, clearly highlighted and laid out will help. If things have been confirmed previously then they need to either suck it up and deliver or compensate in some other way. I would be very clear that if you're left dissatisfied prior to or after the wedding, you will be very vocal about this when it comes to reviews so that other couples don't fall in to the same trap. A not very veiled threat of bad reviews might be enough to get them to see sense over this. If things have been confirmed in writing then you may also have a legal route to explore but understandably that's something for after the wedding and hopefully not one you'll be forced to explore. Be calm and also let them know you'll be recording the meeting, follow up every point in writing so they can't shirk anything off in future. Try not to stress though - your day will be amazing! 

Your little one's gorgeous by the way! I love the sparkly dress. Hopefully you can recoup the costs of the other or maybe even have it dyed for a party dress.

Bridezilla

Thank you all for your supportive messages, it really has been stressing me out.  The meeting with the General Manager went well and although there are a few things that aren't perfect I think we can run with them.

He's changed the wine to a same priced alternative and the florist is included so they were my two major issues and they are resolved.

I'm just waiting a mock up of our centrepieces to take down so they can measure out the tables and plan how they will look and I'm expecting an email confirming all the food changes today or Monday.

The good news is that we had asked for reception cocktails, the GM was worried that if that many were pre prepared they would lose the froth etc so they are putting a cocktail station in the room were our drinks reception will be :-) This is great news and people can they order or grab a beer.

Best Man was also measured for his suit yesterday so another tick! 

Bridezilla

So today was my style fitting for my dress.  I've lost 10lbs but still heavier than when I bought the dress back in January. I was SO nervous but it fits (just!) 

I had gone along to test out shoes (white strappy work best) but came away with a veil in the sale (£150 reduced from £300) that is going to be made into a cape.  The lace virtually matched my dress and I fell in love...

It's hanging up at my mums with my dress until my first proper fitting appointment next Tuesdsy!

I'm so excited I love my dress πŸ’—πŸ’—