Your planning threads

Engaged after 11 years together - finally planning our big day!

21 to 36 of 36 posts

Bridezilla

Your venue looks lovely, your daughters dress looks super cute too, Enjoy your planning

New bride

BallieBride wrote (see post):

registrar all booked!!

goodness, they like to charge you an arm and a leg, don't they?

Your venue looks very nice, and congratulations on booking your registrar! They definitely do like to charge a lot. The flower girl outfit you’ve bought your daughter is really cute!

New bride

There's a lot to think about when planning this!

I've managed to get a good deal on flowers (at least I think I have) I've got mine and all four bridesmaids bouquets, plus five buttonholes for £105 with a free courier. I've paid the deposit and I'm back to having tulips!

Steve wants a band we saw at his dad's angling club moths ago. He can't remember the name or even when we saw them. I've narrowed it down to two bands that I think it must be. 

These guys:

https://www.desperatemeasuresmusic.com

OR these:

http://www.backbeatvillage.com/soul-motown-band-east-sussex/

I like the look of the second. Steve is away working so I will see what he thinks when he is back!

I made another wedding purchase today. After reading another bride's wedding report, I bought these gloves from amazon :) £1.99!

Our total wedding spend so far is now £1086.99

New bride

Loving reading your thread so far - we're also a Catherine and Steve, who have been together 11 years!

I hope the rest of your planning goes well and look forward to you posting more here!

New bride

FutureMrsMilner wrote (see post):

Loving reading your thread so far - we're also a Catherine and Steve, who have been together 11 years!

I hope the rest of your planning goes well and look forward to you posting more here!

Aw that's so cool! will be following your planning also!

New bride

This is a comment to see if my sig works

New bride

I give up on the sig!

Now, because I want to go tea-length, shoes are very important as they will be on display all day!

I am thinking of wedges for two reasons, because they look a bit funkier and because I can actually walk in them!

Opinions on these appreciated! I won't actually buy them until I have my dress!

Speaking of the dress, I have the ultimate in budget-saving lined up. I found a lady on a facebook selling site who has the perfect tea-length dress with lace, just like I've been picturing. Her wedding is in August, and she will sell me her dress after her wedding for £50!

So I will wait until August, and if that doesn't work out for whatever reason, go dress shopping! Not sharing any pics of my dress though 

New bride

Another wedding decision and purchase made!

These are the bridesmaids dresses   I'm so happy I found them, they are exactly what I was looking for! They were also just under £25 each, so just under £100 for them all.

we'e also paid for our flowers. I'm having a mix of these two shades with some daisies and wild flowers:

the bridesmaids have these two with some baby breath and lavender:

things starting to come together!

total spend so far: 1290.75

New bride

Wow, you get married only 2 weeks before us but you are far ahead with planning. Looking foward to reading the rest of your thread.

New bride

We asked SIL2be to be one of our witnesses this evening. I'm really pleased she said yes. I'm glad we have a way to include her and really it's the most important job there is!

Ive felt bad from day one about not having her as a bridesmaid but with only 38 day guests I would feel silly having more than 4 and my three sisters and niece just came first. She has been a bridesmaid before anyway wear as my girls never have.

The other witness will be my cousin. I haven't asked her yet but I know she'll say yes. I'll put a note in her invite

we also figured out which band it was. After listening to them on YouTube, Steve changed his mind, he doesn't like them! So we get to have fun watching more bands and choosing a new one :)

im really enjoying the planning right now

New bride

OK so I need to back up, back up....

I've tried to do too much too soon.

The bridesmaids dresses are not available in the right sizes. They have all confessed they don't really like them too. I think maybe I should slow down and think about bridesmaids dresses in a few months. I will also need to get my daughter a new dress as we are now also having Steves niece, who will be five, as a flowergirl. I would prefer them to have matching dresses and the one I bought only comes in baby sizes.

Im feeling a bit higgildy-piggildy right now. What should I be doing at this stage? I have just over a year to go. Someone tell me lol

New bride

I'm going dress shopping tomorrow with my sister. I feel so nervous. I'm so fat, I probably won't fit in any of the samples and just embarrass myself :(

I'm on slimming world and lost 7lb last week but I have so much to go...

Bridezilla

It's easy to get carried away. To be honest yellow is a hard colour to wear, it looks bloody awful on me!

Start by writing a list of every single thing you need to buy for the wedding and concentrate on non clothing items. The danger with buying dresses so early is that people's sizes change for myriad reasons.  

I am concentrating on buying decorations, wedding rings etc and will leave outfits until nearer the time.

I'm a bigger lady and I worry about trying dresses too but I'm sure you will look beautiful.

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

New bride

I've been doing Slimming World too and had exactly the same fears as you.

In the shop where I bought my dress, I tried on a myriad of sizes - some too big, some too small, but the lady just told me to focus on the dress and not the fit. When you go for your first fitting, things will feel like they are coming together much more.

You'll be fine, don't worry. If it's a decent shop, their main priority will be making you feel confident and beautiful.

Also, well done on your weight loss! 7lb in your first week is fab!