Your planning threads

Glam, vintage and pearl: the build-up to our barn wedding

101 to 120 of 205 posts

Bridezilla

Ah no Hails - have a look at the Bloom boutique ones. I really didn't want stretchy either. I got 18cm +2.5cm extender for my size 18 bridesmaid, and a 16cm +2.5cm extender for my petitie size 6-8 bridesmaid. I tried them on, I am a size 12 and the 18cm one fit pretty perfectly on the tightest setting, and the smaller one fit when I fastened it in the middle ish of the extender. I hope that helps. Their packaging was lovely too.

Bridezilla

Loving the thread Hails!  Adore the Jimmy Choos.  I just wish I was able to walk in heels.  I have really weak ankles, and so will probably have to be in flats if I don't want to be in major pain throughout the day!

John Lewis is great for dresses.  My sister got hers there, and they worked perfectly.  

Interested to hear what you choose for the menu- me and my OH are total foodies too, and it is going to be a major part of our day.  I haven't even booked the venue, but I know roughly what I want on the menu 

Bridezilla

Hails, I had a brainwave for you in the car on the way home.. I know you wanted a nod to Turkish, I was thinking maybe Turkish delight? You could have it served with coffee after the meal? The colours they come in tend to be neutral and you can have a delicate flavour like rose. Just a thought! 

Bridezilla

AyseO wrote (see post):

Hails, I had a brainwave for you in the car on the way home.. I know you wanted a nod to Turkish, I was thinking maybe Turkish delight? You could have it served with coffee after the meal? The colours they come in tend to be neutral and you can have a delicate flavour like rose. Just a thought! 

Thanks Ayse, that's so kind of you! any recommendations for decent Turkish delight though? 

Bridezilla

Hails wrote (see post):
AyseO wrote (see post):

Thanks Ayse, that's so kind of you! any recommendations for decent Turkish delight though? 

No worries at all!! Let me ask the mother in law, and I'll come back to you. Could be an opportunity to go taste testing though? :) 

Bridezilla

Bridesmaids getting ready attire

I ordered some robes from boohoo which were awful - first and last time I ever buy anything from there! Then I saw these on Debenhams and think they have a really nice print, so fingers crossed! 

Bridezilla

JulyBride4 wrote (see post):

Fab length on those robes Hails.  My mum wanted a longer one for the morning of the wedding so think I'll have a look on Debenhams now  

One of my bridesmaids is tall, and so many of the dressing gowns seem so short!

Bridezilla

Giving notice of marriage

All went smoothly! And we have now received a pack electronically to complete with the details of our readings and songs. Time to get thinking about the little details. It looks like we can have two readings. 

Bridezilla

More shoes!

I have just ordered these beauties by Betsey Johnson to change into during the dancing, in case my feet have had enough in my Choos! They had some heels too in case anyone is reading this and wants a Betsey bargain!

Bridezilla

Grrr my shoes have come and despite ordering my usual size they are too small! Probably due to them being American and bad conversion of sizes. 

Bridezilla

Yeh, at least they are tk maxx so I can get a refund no problem!

Bridezilla

FInally sorted bracelets for the bridesmaids!

I went shopping today because I am sick of looking for bracelets online! I went to Links of London and tried on their dreamcatcher heart bracelet. It can be done up tighter if you have smaller wrists and it was a great fit. The silver is beautiful and really caught the light. Originally I was looking at cheaper bracelets and thought I'd get the girls other bits and pieces but I would rather just get them one decent bracelet that they will hopefully cherish and get lots of wear out of after the wedding. It also means I can pretty much stop thinking about bits for the bridesmaids now.

Bridezilla

My mum was so kind and told me to get one for myself and she would give me the money! Not sure I will wear it on the day yet. They have 20% off during the bank holiday weekend but it's out of stock online so you'd need to go in store.

Bridezilla

Wedding invitations

I found it almost impossible to find the right invite and was at the point of giving up when my cousin told me who made her invites for their wedding last year. She lives quite close to us so we went to see all her samples and ended up designing our own by combining different components of all her invites. The sample we received is beautiful, really pleased with it. We have had a few rounds of changes and they were sent to the printers on Thursday. People will have until early August to RSVP which I think is plenty of time. Anyone who lives far away has already booked their hotels too. Inside is some info about time to arrive, confetti, taxi numbers and a few hotels. 

Will likely ask her to make place cards and possibly a table plan with the same pearl, lace and ribbon detail.

Bridezilla

The bracelet is lovely. Very pretty, good choice! 

I love your invitations! I love the blue ribbon. 

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html