Your planning threads

I Don't Know What I'm Doing

81 to 90 of 90 posts

Bridezilla

I've tried talking him into grey but he's insisting on navy suits. I don't mind though to be honest because he wants a grey waistcoat, and the fellas to wear grey ties (so he'll stand out a bit) 

Same suits, same waistcoats just different ties. Something loosely like this:

In fact, the more I see it the more I like the navy... (alhough that may just be the guy on the right)

Bridezilla

Firstly, absolutely loving your sunny wedding! Looks beautiful! 

Thailand is amazing! We got engaged there a year ago and he proposed in Phuket at a place called Kamala Beach. Was stunning! Rooftop restaurant with a unfettered  sea view.. we went to lots of places but PhiPhi islands were stunning and really relaxing! Bangkok is amazing too, I'll find out the hotel we stayed in and come back to you. You must see Thailand :) x

Bridezilla

Wow. It all looks great. I love the patterned dresses. Those are dresses that your girls could genuinely wear again. 

Wanna plan mine too?! Looks like you've got it licked. Pleasing five BM's with two dresses in one fabric is good going m'dear! X

Bridezilla

Videographer

So i know this thread has been a bit slow lately, and that's not likely to change any time soon! I have, however, bowed to peer pressure and booked a videographer. We had originally decided to save money here and not have one, but whenever i told anyone this they would insist i would regret it! I researched a few on the bottom of the price scale and they were so over the top cheesy. There was one company that for every single film they did, they would have the bride look wistfully out of the window of her getting ready room, and then in the direction of the brides gaze they would superimpose the groom getting ready. It honestly made my toes curl. 

Eventually, i asked around for recommendations and decided on Lovebug Films (sounds a bit top shelf that now i come to think of it!) 

http://www.lovebugfilms.co.uk/lovebug/

They filmed one of my friends weddings and the final footage is really well edited and not at all cheesy. They also agreed to do the full package for £1200 instead of their quoted £1500, so i can still tell myself i've saved money. That's how I work anyway! 

Bridezilla

Hi!

Lolling at your realisation of the slightly "top shelf" name of your videographer. Not that I'd picked up on it either, but I bet you won't be able to get that out of your head now! 

Bridesmaid 'D's birthday sounds/looks wonderful! Any excuse for a visit to the venue eh 

New bride

ShitGotReal wrote (see post):

Thankyou Organised Bride! That is very helpful! if you could've only stayed in 2 places, what ones would you choose? And is it possible to do day trips to any of the others without actually staying there? 

Hey! Sorry, I'm just seeing this!! I'd stay in Phuket and Samui. You can definitely do day trips (depending on your timing) between Phuket and Krabi/ the Phi Phi islands and from Samui, you could get around to places like Ko Pha Ngan. Unfortunately, we didn't get to explore the north, so can't comment on that.