Your planning threads

My Planning Thread - Sheffield, Summer 2019

141 to 160 of 168 posts

Bridezilla

FutureMrsTomlin wrote (see post):
Cecilia13 wrote (see post):

Decided on my dress!!!! 

So after trying on two different dresses and loving them both I eventually decided that the first one I loved was much better than the second as I just thought it was so special and I might regret going more simple. However, after falling in love with two I wanted to be sure that this was the dress for me, as mum and dad are paying I would feel way worse if I regretted my dress than if I had paid for it myself. So mum and I decided to go to another shop and make sure there was nothing else out there that I loved more. 

So this morning we went to a lovely shop that really could not have been more helpful and tried a few on, low and behold I fell in love with a third dress! However after going home and discussing it, me and mum both decided that dress number 1 was still the winner, I even asked my dad for his opinion and even he (who never ever has an opinion on female clothes - he likes to stand in changing rooms and say "it looks lovely, just buy it" to everything you try on ) preferred the first dress. I also realised that the second and third dresses I've loved were very similar to ones I tried on in the first shop that, although lovely, were very quickly discounted because they weren't as good as the one I loved. 

So it is official, I have decided that this is the dress for me: 

The skirt comes in ivory or champagne and I have chosen ivory. The bodice is only supposed to come in nude but they have agreed that they can make it with an ivory bodice instead for a small fee, I will also be having the shoulders adjusted to sit slightly more off the shoulder.

This dress is absolutely gorgeous! Loving your thread so far :) we're getting married in August 2019 so similar time frame to you. Can't wait to see how yours progresses!

Aww thank you, I really love it! Oooh I love having someone with similar timings to compare, do you have a thread? 

Yes I do :) it's called Relaxed Summer Weddings in the Chilterns, for some reason the link doesn't work on my signature.

http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/relaxed-summer-wedding-in-the-chilterns/454084.html

That's minem Yes I'm looking forward to seeing everything you're doing, it's nice to have the timings to compare and to know other people are going through the crazy at the same time !

Cecilia x

My planning thread : http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/relaxed-summer-wedding-in-the-chilterns/454084.html

Bridezilla

Bridesmaid Dresses

Have spent ages in the past looking for bridesmaid dresses and seen some nice things but nothing wow yet. Last week I was just on Facebook and an advert came up with this dress from chi chi London which I just loved! 

The colour is gorgeous and just think the dress is so pretty, I sent it to my two BMs and straight away they both said they loved it and wanted to order it! I'm pleased that I've found something they are both equally happy with, they both have very different looks but I know this will suit them both. I managed to get 15% discount code so I'm really chuffed that I got the dresses for £59 each.

I was thinking if we got dresses online we could all meet up to try them on and have a girly time but unfortunately one BM gets back from holiday on Sunday and the other goes away on Monday for a month so not looking likely! I'll just have to get them both to try them on separately so not the end of the world, I'm just praying they love them as much in the flesh now! 

Bridezilla

Your dress is stunning, think you were right to go for that one over the more simple one, Your bridesmaid dresses are also lovely, I think they compliment your dress really nicely too, especially the top part.

Bridezilla

MrsS85 wrote (see post):

Your dress is stunning, think you were right to go for that one over the more simple one, Your bridesmaid dresses are also lovely, I think they compliment your dress really nicely too, especially the top part.

Aww thank you! I still love it which I'm so glad about as I was scared with buying it so early that i'd fall in love with something else. Thank you, can't wait for them to arrive so my girls can try them on! 

New bride

I agree with MrsS85, the dress is beautiful and it's nice to have that detail matched in the bridesmaids dresses  I also bought my dress so early but i think once you've found the one you love there's no point in keeping looking (although I might have a little look again..just to be sure )! Looking forward to an update on how your bridesmaids look in the dresses! 

Bridezilla

chacha19 wrote (see post):

I agree with MrsS85, the dress is beautiful and it's nice to have that detail matched in the bridesmaids dresses  I also bought my dress so early but i think once you've found the one you love there's no point in keeping looking (although I might have a little look again..just to be sure )! Looking forward to an update on how your bridesmaids look in the dresses! 

Thank you! I hadn't even noticed that when I bought the BM dresses but I think they will look really nice! 

I agree, was so worried I'd find something else but I do think once you know, you know!

Bridezilla

BM Dresses

Luckily managed to squeeze a quick hour in yesterday while both BMs were in the country to try their dresses on and I'm over the moon with them, they look gorgeous on and they both really like them which is a relief. I tried so hard to get something that suits them both as they have very different colourings but I think I've managed it with these, they both look lovely I think! 

Didn't get a nice picture but you get the idea! Also excuse the tags sticking out.

Bridezilla

They book look lovely!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

They look really lovely- you have done well to find a colour that matches both colouring like you say.

New bride

They look fab! Perfect fit on both of them 

Bridezilla

I think I've mentioned before that I was being a bridesmaid for my cousin this year. The wedding was a couple of weeks ago and we had a great time, despite it being the only weekend of the summer to have bad weather and the marquee almost blowing away!

One of the BMs sorted a makeup artist for all the BMs and while I got loads of compliments on my makeup I really didn't feel I looked like me and thought it was just too heavy. H2B agreed, he is really not a fan of lots of makeup, so at least I knew what I didn't want for our wedding! My cousin's makeup looked amazing though and less heavy than mine, she actually had it done by a family friend who's not a professional make up artist but just really talented. I've booked her for me, mum, BMs and mum's friend who's been really involved in the wedding planning and will be getting ready with us. 

Bridezilla

BM Dresses

Luckily managed to squeeze a quick hour in yesterday while both BMs were in the country to try their dresses on and I'm over the moon with them, they look gorgeous on and they both really like them which is a relief. I tried so hard to get something that suits them both as they have very different colourings but I think I've managed it with these, they both look lovely I think! 

Didn't get a nice picture but you get the idea! Also excuse the tags sticking out.

I love them, they really suit both your BMs :) if I had decided to put all mine in the same thing I'd have gone with something very similar! (but as there are 8 of them and they are all completely different colouring/shapes/sizes /tastes it was definitely going to end up with someone being really uncomfortable) so I'm a bit jealous! Your day is going to be beautiful :)

And I think my one of BMs will be doing my make-up, because I don't want a heavy professional one either, so I think it sounds lovely to ask the family friend. Can't wait to see how it turns out! 

Cecilia x

My planning thread : http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/relaxed-summer-wedding-in-the-chilterns/454084.html

New bride

Aw yay! I’m a fellow Kelham Island bride to be - you appear to be infinitely more organised than me though - yikes!

Bridezilla

Cecilia13 wrote (see post):

BM Dresses

I love them, they really suit both your BMs :) if I had decided to put all mine in the same thing I'd have gone with something very similar! (but as there are 8 of them and they are all completely different colouring/shapes/sizes /tastes it was definitely going to end up with someone being really uncomfortable) so I'm a bit jealous! Your day is going to be beautiful :)

And I think my one of BMs will be doing my make-up, because I don't want a heavy professional one either, so I think it sounds lovely to ask the family friend. Can't wait to see how it turns out! 

I think having different dresses is lovely and with 8 of them it will look brilliant! I only wanted the same dress because I thought with only two of them it might look odd to be in different dresses! 

I'm so excited to have a trial and see what it's like! 

New bride

RuthP wrote (see post):

Aw yay! I’m a fellow Kelham Island bride to be - you appear to be infinitely more organised than me though - yikes!

Oooh really? Are you KIM? When are you getting married? If you want any recommendations for suppliers I'm happy to provide suggestions! 

Yep, Kelham Island Museum. We’re 6th November next year so not long after you I don’t think! I’ve already had a good read of your thread to get some inspiration (and a virtual kick up the bum!). It looks like you’re planning a lovely day - I was excited when I saw where you were getting married!

Bridezilla

RuthP wrote (see post):
RuthP wrote (see post):

Oooh really? Are you KIM? When are you getting married? If you want any recommendations for suppliers I'm happy to provide suggestions! 

Yep, Kelham Island Museum. We’re 6th November next year so not long after you I don’t think! I’ve already had a good read of your thread to get some inspiration (and a virtual kick up the bum!). It looks like you’re planning a lovely day - I was excited when I saw where you were getting married!

Ooh yeah really close then! Are you going to do a planning thread? I'd love to hear your choices! 

I love seeing local brides - I'm not sure if you've seen but desert bride is having a reception at yellow arch so hers is a great planning thread to have a nosy! 

Bridezilla

I think having different dresses is lovely and with 8 of them it will look brilliant! I only wanted the same dress because I thought with only two of them it might look odd to be in different dresses! 

I'm so excited to have a trial and see what it's like! 

I hope so! They range from a petite size 6 to a curvy size 18/20, from very fair and blonde to tanned half Korean with waterfall of amazing hair, and they  include my sister who used  to be a bit of a goth and still has tendancies towards that stylistically, my other sister who loves all things vintage and sparkly, my friend who hates dresses and colour, my MOH who is quite hippie, FSIL who is gender fluid and does drag (I have no idea what they will wear but it will be awesome), a concert violinist.. they're a mixed bunch!

Can't wait to see pics of the trial :D

Cecilia x