Your planning threads

October 2018 - An Unconventional London Wedding

261 to 280 of 358 posts

Bridezilla

I'm also with the top one, though the other is also lovely (love the green). 

Can I also say - the skulls are brilliant and fabulous and if you've got a Halloween date then why the hell not! From the rest of the things you have planned, I don't think they would jar at all, especially with your suggestions of dressing them up. It'll look wicked in that venue. 

Bridezilla

I love the skull on the tube carriage - your wedding is going to be so bloody fun!

I've got a fab Day of The Dead bride and groom ornament that OH bought me after we got engaged, when he was on business in Mexico.....though it later transpired he had panic bought it in Dallas airport! I'm toying with using it as a cake topper though it doesn't match our theme whatsoever!!

My planning thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/town-centre-barn-wedding---august-2019/452338.html

Bridezilla

Sian91 wrote (see post):

Your wedding website looks beautiful! What are you using please?

I also love the top ring for your h2b, has he been to try any on? My h2b never wear jewellery and what he had in mind was tiny (he has long fingers), so trying on for size really helped.

We're using Wix, which has been incredibly easy and gives you much greater freedom than the other wedding websites we found to make it look like how we wanted. It also had an inbuilt RSVP/Event widget that you can use.

My other half hasn't tried any rings on yet. We have an Ernest Jones literally around the corner from where we live so we're planning on going this weekend so he can find out his ring size and what mm band he likes the best. He has quite short stubby fingers (opposite problem to yours lol) so some rings may take up half his finger.

Bridezilla

weatherwaxe wrote (see post):

This was the sample dress that I tried on:

Fingers crossed that it looks at least vaguely like this!

Also my personalised reception trainers are in and I love them:

Edited because I posted before I wrote anything!

just came on to catch up and started at the last post.....where did you get your gazelles customised?! I always wear gazelles and would love some for later on on my wedding day. Yours look ok fab and I love the dress, it looks perfect for you. 

Bridezilla

I’ve caught up with the rest now. Your shrug is gorgeous and I love the green dress. 

I realsied it was you that had given me the link of the purse seller so thank you, I’ve ordered one and can’t wait for it to arrive. Considering ordering one for my best  friend and soon to be sister in law. 

The rings are lovely, the first one with the turquoise is my favourite. 

Have you been to try your dress on yet? How did it go? 

Bridezilla

So I went to pick up my dress and try it on tonight and it was a bit of a crisis to be honest. The dress is massive (1 size too big on my boobs and 2-3 sizes bigger on my waist) as I've lost a bit of weight.  I'm really struggling to see how they can possibly make it fit. 

The alterations guy seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem but IT WAS SO BIG. He did hike it in to show me what it would look like when it was done, but arghhhhhh I don't know whether to believe him or not. 

I don't have any pictures because I was too stressed and now I'm not sure if I should hold out and see what alterations can do, or buy a different backup dress?  

Bridezilla

Don't panic! My dress was huge on me, I could easily fit a small child down the front. However after alterations it was perfect! 

Love your dress! It is gorgeous! 

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html

Bridezilla

weatherwaxe wrote (see post):
MrsLMT wrote (see post):

Don't panic! My dress was huge on me, I could easily fit a small child down the front. However after alterations it was perfect! 

Love your dress! It is gorgeous! 

Oh Mrs T you've just made me feel a whole lot better, I really did freak out when I tried it on.  

I freaked out every time I tried my dress on. Lol. I always panicked I had put the weight back on! Lol 

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html

Bridezilla

So I've created a plan of action for my dress. I've emailed the shop HQ to ask if there's any way I can send my dress back and order a size smaller, seeing as the consultant sized up (I was between two sizes) even though I told her I wanted to lose weight. I figure I have nothing to lose by asking!

If not, I'm going to put my faith in the alterations department and continue to try and drop a size like I planned.

If alterations don't work out, I'm going to wear a dress I already own and that I was already thinking about changing into for the dancing part of the evening anyway. It's an amazing gold Scarlett & Jo dress that I bought in the sale for £70. It was the sort of thing I originally envisioned myself wearing before I decided on a more traditional wedding dress.

I've worn it on a cruise before but I don't care. I love it, it's flattering and it's really comfy. And I can easily drop a size and it will still fit (it'll actually fit much better than in the photo below, where I'm bloated due to too many cocktails and rich food):

I couldn't wear my veil with it, but all my other accessories would work. The majority of my jewellery is white gold/silver but I've never minded mixing metallics anyway.

Although if this turns out to be the plan, I'm very tempted to order this amazing Crown & Glory birdcage bow veil to go with it:

But we will see!