Your planning threads

Our Country House Wedding....

181 to 200 of 391 posts

Bridezilla

TRYING ON ‘MY’ DRESS

So as you probably gathered from a previous post, my dress doesn’t fit. It was the shock I needed to get my arse into gear. I’ve had my final feast and I’ve cried my final tears. Tomorrow it starts. I’m aiming for a stone every 8-10 weeks which should get me to 3 stone by beginning of August. Below are some pictures. I was too upset to wear shoes and my Veil.

The length is perfect and comes with a bustle already. The jacket was too big and needs to be taken in as does the bust on the dress.

I really hate how it looks 😞😞

Bridezilla

Your dress is beautiful! And this will be the wake up call you needed to get your bum in gear. Now you have some real motivation too! Don’t be too hard on yourself, and take it steady! If you’re in the right mind frame you’ll defo lose the weight you want to xx

September 2018 Bride 

Bridezilla

MrsSpag2B wrote (see post):

Your dress is beautiful! And this will be the wake up call you needed to get your bum in gear. Now you have some real motivation too! Don’t be too hard on yourself, and take it steady! If you’re in the right mind frame you’ll defo lose the weight you want to xx

Thank you. I absolutely love my dress. It was a kick up the bum although I really could kill for a cake of somekind right now! 7 weeks and I bring the dress home so hopefully will have a stone off by then. Christmas will not deter me!

Bridezilla

MENU TASTING DECISIONS

Me and H2B have decided on what we would like to try at our menu tasting. We get to try 2 starters, mains and deserts as well as 68 different wines.

So far, we’ve decided on: 

Starter: Grilled vegetable salad with truffle dressing & Pressing of smoked ham hock, chicken & foie gras with poached golden raisins and pickled pear purée 

Main: Rosemary & juniper marinated rack of lamb with dauphinois potato, pea & mint purée, asaparagus wrapped in pancetta, roasting juices & Pan toasted supreme of free range chicken with bubble & squeak potato Rosti, fine green beans and chasseur sauce

Desert: Passionfruit and orange tart with apricot sorbet and exotic fruits 

Vegan: Beetroot & orange salad, Mediterranean vegetable terrine, dark chocolate and ginger torte

Vegetarian: Chestnut mushroom, pearl onion and beluga lentil wellington with chervil and wild mushroom sauce 

Children’s: Garlic bread, Mini 100% local beef burger, chunky chips and beans & Chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream

WEDDING DIET UPDATE

Weight loss is going well. I’ve managed to lose 5lb now in 2.5 weeks but expecting a maintain this week as I wasn’t 100% over the weekend. I wasn’t that bad but I wasn’t that good either. I am on my way to losing a stone by the end of January which was my target 😁

GIVING NOTICE

We give notice in the morning. I’m nervous but excited. H2B is working a night shift and not due to finish until 8am so it will be cutting it close as our appointment is at 9am. I’ve told him to not be late or else 😂😂

Bridezilla

GIVING NOTICE

Well we gave notice this morning and all was fine. Andrew was 20 minutes late as his replacement for the day shift was late. Thankfully the registrar interviewed me first and then he interviewed Andrew once he arrived. The registrar started late also which helped a bit. Once January 16th hits then everything thing legally will be completed. What the registrar did tell us is to remember to give our updated ages as both our birthdays will have passed by the time we get married and the paperwork will have the ages were when we gave notice. 

Questions I was asked was: my date of birth, occupations of me and Andrew, how long I had lived where I am, If Andrew had any middle names, if we was related, date and time of marriage and venue, nationality and if I have gone by any other surname. 

Its starting to feel very real now......

Bridezilla

PAYING SUPPLIERS

This evening has been spent doing a bit of wedmin and paying a few suppliers. Today we’ve paid for the cake, light up letters and another payment to the venue. We only have one payment to go then it’s paid in full. Next to pay will be the venue stylist and harpist. 

We received 4 RSVPs today so we have 7 confirmed guests now coming including one from Europe.

Also started on the reserved seating signs and also downloaded a ‘Bride getting ready’ door hanger for the morning of the wedding.

It’s been a very emotional day today. Now going to enjoy Christmas and new year and then get back into it in February.

Bridezilla

NEW VIDEOGRAPHER

Today I managed to get my eldest her bridesmaid dress. It’s touch and go as to whether she still wants to be a bridesmaid as she gets anxious very quickly so we’ve left it up to her. I managed to get her dress from Coast in the sale from £149 to £39. Hopefully she will wear a feather cape that’s she’s been bugging me for for ages. The dress is called Lori Lee.

We‘ve decided to cancel our booked videographer and book the one recommended to us by my cousin. The one we booked originally went awol after getting the deposit and the recent reviews that have popped up are not great with some couple not getting their videos for months after their wedding. Plus he never answers his emails or text messages. It’s added a lot more ££ to the budget and we won’t get our deposit back but I think it’s worth it to have someone reliable and who can deliver. I’ve had to take on a few extra shifts because the budget is looking really tight and we can’t afford any more unexpected expenses. The stress of worrying about money is getting to me now.....😞😞😞

Bridezilla

Happy new year to everyone and all the 2018 brides!

300 days to go for me now. Now I really can get excited about everything.

Time to focus and start looking at all the small details.

Bridezilla

GENERAL UPDATE

Quite a bit has happened the last few days. We have our bridesmaids/MOH shoes and hair accessories, all bargains in the Asos sale!

We’ve also decided on our staircase flowers and other bits and pieces flower wise.

I’ve started writing my wedding day plan like Mrs Mann did for her white wedding and it’s honestly been a godsend and has made me feel a lot more in control about things.

We’ve decided to do Moss Bros for the suits as Andrew really wants to wear Ted Baker so we’re going to sort that out in the next few weeks. The Slaters option is now no longer an option.

I have dates for my hen parties. One of which my MOH is planning for 3 weeks before the wedding. My other hen planned by my mum is for the May bank holiday weekend. Excited but nervous. 

We’ve had some RSVPs back and have 14 confirmed so far with the forst round of invites going out officially at the end of the month. The dietary requirements we’ve had so far are turning out to be a logistical nightmare! 

4 weeks to go until I collect my dress 🤔. My mum is going to store it for me as she said it will hang nicely down the side of her wardrobe with lots of space so it won’t crinkle etc. Back on the diet tomorrow as Christmas is well and truly done for me now.

Starting to think about the table plan. I really like the look of the ladder table plans but not sure it will go with our theme. The thought of making a table plan myself fills me with dread but I really don’t want to have to spend more money on getting one made for me!

Bridezilla

MrsHowgate2B wrote (see post):

Starting to think about the table plan. I really like the look of the ladder table plans but not sure it will go with our theme. The thought of making a table plan myself fills me with dread but I really don’t want to have to spend more money on getting one made for me!

An easy to do table plan is a multi frame one. We did this and it looked fantastic and was cheap too.

Bridezilla

Those hair pieces for the BMs are gorgeous! Everyone says the table plan is the worst job, so good luck with that one! 

September 2018 Bride 

Bridezilla

MrsSpag2B wrote (see post):

Those hair pieces for the BMs are gorgeous! Everyone says the table plan is the worst job, so good luck with that one! 

Ah thank you. They were the best bargain yet. Was £28 but got them for £7 each. 

Oh it’s already started with the ‘I’m not sitting next to him/her’ stuff. Feel like telling them to sit in the corner if they’re not happy 😂😂

Bridezilla

Hullass1972 wrote (see post):

An easy to do table plan is a multi frame one. We did this and it looked fantastic and was cheap too.

Ooh that’s pretty! Did you have to get all the frames separately?

Bridezilla

I am stuck on my table plan as well- I really want to do a mirror one, but I am hopeless at DIY, and the problem with ordering one is that you need to do it a month or so out, and if someone drops out you can't change it.  One idea I had was still using the mirror, but having cards on it.  Not sure it will have the same effect though.  

Bridezilla

britbird wrote (see post):

I am stuck on my table plan as well- I really want to do a mirror one, but I am hopeless at DIY, and the problem with ordering one is that you need to do it a month or so out, and if someone drops out you can't change it.  One idea I had was still using the mirror, but having cards on it.  Not sure it will have the same effect though.  

I was still doing my table plan the night before my first wedding. Never again! Then on the actual day 8 people never turned up!

Bridezilla

Update on my eldest daughters BM dress......it fits AND she likes it! She’s not keen on the feather shrug she wanted so I’ll take that back for a refund. Needs taking in around the neck and shoulder area and an inch off the length but other than that it’s perfect.

She has been my biggest worry as she is very much a tomboy, she even asked if she could wear a pink tracksuit and trainers down the aisle. You could imagine my horror face to that! Only need her shoes (she wants trainers) and we’re sorted with her.

Bridezilla

Hullass1972 wrote (see post):

Ooh that’s pretty! Did you have to get all the frames separately?

No, it came as one large frame from Next, £25 I think it was and usable after the wedding too so not seen as a waste of money!

Bridezilla

Absolutely in love with this table plan design. If I could afford it I’d get it done by someone or if I had the patience I’d have a go at doing it myself. Oh well, back to dream land and pintrest I go!

Bridezilla

Ahh.  Reading your thread is stressing me out. You are so organised. My wedding is at the start of October do slightly before yours. Cannot believe you have already given notice and are getting RSVPs back.

The dress for your daughter is really pretty and I like the idea for flowers on your stair.

You could probably make something like that last table plan yourself. You could use silk flowers for the frame. Ir pompoms?