Your planning threads

Our Country House Wedding....

201 to 219 of 219 posts

Bridezilla

DandelionBlue wrote (see post):

Ahh.  Reading your thread is stressing me out. You are so organised. My wedding is at the start of October do slightly before yours. Cannot believe you have already given notice and are getting RSVPs back.

The dress for your daughter is really pretty and I like the idea for flowers on your stair.

You could probably make something like that last table plan yourself. You could use silk flowers for the frame. Ir pompoms?

The official invites haven’t gone out yet. We only did those travelling from abroad and also those who have already booked their rooms at the venue. We’re hopefully sending all the others over the weekend.

Giving notice we just decided to get all the legalities over with rather than leave it to until the new Year as we have zero time together between now and the  wedding due to Work and wedding appointments. Surrey have accepted our ceremony checklist with songs, readings etc so just waiting for our local borough to send our licence through to them 😁

Table plan, my MOH has told me to leave it with her. We’re eother going to make it ourself or fine someone who does silk flowers to replicate it for us so we have a keepsake for the wall!

Hope your plans are coming along? Love your dress btw xx

New bride

Just wanted to drop in and say I have read your whole thread last night and this morning, couldn't wait to get up so I could carry on reading! 

I'm sorry you have had so many worries with weight and the venue etc., I'm hoping everything is a bit more settled for you now. 

Your dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you! 

Bridezilla

DandelionBlue wrote (see post):

Ahh.  Reading your thread is stressing me out. You are so organised. My wedding is at the start of October do slightly before yours. Cannot believe you have already given notice and are getting RSVPs back.

The dress for your daughter is really pretty and I like the idea for flowers on your stair.

You could probably make something like that last table plan yourself. You could use silk flowers for the frame. Ir pompoms?

LOL- Don't worry, I felt the same.  We haven't given notice, or even thought about invites.  

Bridezilla

FutureMrsTomlin wrote (see post):

Just wanted to drop in and say I have read your whole thread last night and this morning, couldn't wait to get up so I could carry on reading! 

I'm sorry you have had so many worries with weight and the venue etc., I'm hoping everything is a bit more settled for you now. 

Your dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you! 

Hi! Thank you! I do love my dress. I’ve lost 6lb so far so getting there slowly. Only another 22lb to go! 

Venue is still stressing me a bit as everything seems to be ‘no‘ at he moment which is upsetting. I feel like because we don’t have exclusive use we can’t have a lot of things we’d like. 

Do you have a planning thread?

Bridezilla

WEDMIN WEEKEND

Going to be spending this weekend doing some wedmin whilst Andrew is on nights.

TABLE PLAN & FLORIST

Our florist is going to price up how much my dream table plan would cost. It should be slightly cheaper as we have decided to buy the frame ourselves. We forgot that we have £600 from our mum’s combined coming soon so we’re putting that towards the cost and also the cost of the stair decorations if it’s not too expensive. I can honestly see how people end up spending so much on flowers! Our initial flower budget has increased 3x since we started planning but it WILL stop now because I could just carry on and on and on.

DIY

I’ve also made a start on the fillable LOVE letters which i got from hobby craft. I’ve glued the flowers and just waiting for the paint to dry, i’ll post a picture of them all once they’re dry. Just the L&A left to do now.

CAKE

We have our appointment to go back to the cake maker and finalise our design and flavour order for each tier. We’ve decided to now keep it very simple decoration wise. We’re hoping to style the cake table with a gold sequin table cloth and some votive holders with tea lights. We was going to have 4 smallish tiers but now we’re thinking of 3 larger tiers instead. 

BRA

I have managed to get a stick on bra big enough to contain my GG cup chest. Only cost me £3.99 as it was discounted stock due to a small mark on the outside of the cup. Going to test it later and see what happens. Not expecting miracles because they are anything but perky but hoping to get enough support from it so I can get it sewn into my dress thus reducing my back fat hopefully. Will let whoever wants to know how it goes. If it’s a big fat fail then it’s back to my original plan of braless!

GUEST LIST

Our package allows for 60 day guests and 100 in the evening. We are at 70 for the day so we need to make cuts before the invites go out! We could have the extra guests but at £100 per person extra that’s an extra £1000 we don’t have plus it would mean an extra table centre, favour boxes and menu cards etc. It’s going to be hard enough because I have hardly any family coming and may need to cut them because Andrew’s family is huge and he doesn’t want to cut them either! Doesn’t help when some of his family have invited their kids even though we said ‘children of the bridal party only’. 

Bridezilla

Sorry to hear the venue is stressing you out, what are they saying no to?

Also, can't you just tell them people who have invited their kids that actually no, thats not happening?

Bridezilla

Sadieee wrote (see post):

Sorry to hear the venue is stressing you out, what are they saying no to?

Also, can't you just tell them people who have invited their kids that actually no, thats not happening?

They’re saying no to uplighters outside the enterance even though their wedding brochure features pictures with them. No confetti inside even though again the brochure shows it being allowed so if it rains we’d have to go outside for the confetti shot. 

Andrew has spoken to those guilty of inviting their kids it they’re saying they have to come etc. I’m going to tell him to bump them down to the evening instead rather than the whole day. Not sure how they’re going to take it.....

Bridezilla

Thought I would add some flower inspo of the look we’re hoping to achieve. The flowers will follow very much our colour scheme which is a mix of the 2 colour schemes below.

Flower inspo

Colour scheme

Bridezilla

SUITS

Today I have placed the order for the groomsmen’s suits. Andrew wants to wear Ted Baker so we’ve gone for Moss Bros. This is the one thing I have given Andrew to do and he had better not mess it up 😂😂

Hes going to go with his groomsmen to get measured in the next few weeks and we’ve decided to pay the extra to have the suits 2 weeks earlier than planned just in case of any missing items/wrong sizes etc.

He will be wearing a baby pink tie and the rest will be in lilac. The watch I’ve got him as a gift but he doesn’t know it yet.

Better still his suit will be free as we’re hiring 7 suits in total.

Bridezilla

WEDDING SIGNAGE

I’ve made a start on the wedding signage. I got some frames from Debenhams in the sale. I am not sure whether to keep the current signs or change them for just a simple white background and fancy writing especially because the frames are mirror ones. What do you think? Keep the current signs or change to a simple white background?

At the front entrance we’re having a welcome sign which will be on an easel. We got this made for us from Debenhams online.

It’s absolutely massive! 

I’ve also done an Instagram sign with our wedding hashtag on which I got for free via a download website.

What other signs do you think we would need?

Bridezilla

Kelly224 wrote (see post):

Can I ask how much the welcome sign was? If you don’t mind me asking!

In terms of other signs I’ve got a cards one, photo booth one and a sweet table one. Was also thinking of doing a welcome sign, pick a seat not a side sign for the aisle and perhaps an order of a day sign. 

Of course not. It was £25. It’s size A0 or slightly bigger - it’s absolutely massive and made of a very very thick card (about 1/4 inch thick). Think i’ll add a card one then too. Thanks x

Bridezilla

OUR THEME

Well after being engaged for a year our theme has finally been named........Classically Romantic!

My MOH came up with it because she completly hated the flower wall that I wanted instead of the starlight backdrop at the reception and said it would completely ruin the ‘type of wedding we’re having’ - her words. 

Tomorrow we’re making a start on the table plan with the guests we’ve had confirm so far including those with confirmed room bookings too. This is going to be fun!

I’ll post a pic of the flowerwall I loved below:

HAIR & MAKEUP TRIAL COUNTDOWN

Also on countdown now to my hair and makeup trial. Originally I was going to invest in a wig of sorts because I suffer from hair loss on one side of my head and my hair isn’t in great condition but don’t really want to spend £200+ so thinking I am going to now have my hair as normal and just focus on condition. It means I can’t have my half up/down that I had originally wanted.

I am also in a dilemma as to whether to wear my glasses or not 🤔🤔

New bride

MrsHowgate2B wrote (see post):

OUR THEME

Well after being engaged for a year our theme has finally been named........Classically Romantic!

My MOH came up with it because she completly hated the flower wall that I wanted instead of the starlight backdrop at the reception and said it would completely ruin the ‘type of wedding we’re having’ - her words. 

Tomorrow we’re making a start on the table plan with the guests we’ve had confirm so far including those with confirmed room bookings too. This is going to be fun!

Also on countdown now to my hair and makeup trial. Originally I was going to invest in a wig of sorts because I suffer from hair loss on one side of my head and my hair isn’t in great condition but don’t really want to spend £200+ so thinking I am going to now have my hair as normal and just focus on condition. It means I can’t have my half up/down that I had originally wanted.

I love the wall!! Why doesn't that fit with your theme? 

The wig does seem like a big expense and you may not feel comfortable in it all day if you're not used to wearing one, I'm sure your hairdresser will be able to work her magic anyway and create something beautiful! Excited to see pictures! 

Bridezilla

TABLE PLANS & WEDDING RANT

So a first draft of the table plan has been done. Took 4 hours and a bottle of wine with my MOH. She’s suggested that we add an extra table and invite 4 more guests because 60 over 7 tables did not go so we’ve ended up with 8 tables of 8 at a cost of £580.50 extra due to extra table centre, table layout etc etc. I’m not happy, in fact I’m so pissed off about it all because it’s thrown our payment schedules in the air. I’m sure venues know 60 doesn’t go into 7 so you have to add more guests and spend more money! We’ve had to set another RSVP date of 8 weeks before the wedding even though invites say April 2nd! I’m feeling so stressed. Could have done without this added expense and means I have to sacrifice my staircase decorations because I cannot have both that and extra guests AND I have to see if 8 6ft round tables and a harpist will fit in the room, which I won’t know until we dress a table and chairs in March when we have our 6 months to go meeting!

Don’t even get me started on the fact I now want 2 different chair looks rather than just the one and now have to choose because the venue don’t have enough chairs to do both ceremony and reception at the same time. Could look at hiring but really don’t want to sacrifice our mini moon after the wedding which we have been talking about having.....

Bridezilla

FutureMrsTomlin wrote (see post):
MrsHowgate2B wrote (see post):

OUR THEME

I love the wall!! Why doesn't that fit with your theme? 

The wig does seem like a big expense and you may not feel comfortable in it all day if you're not used to wearing one, I'm sure your hairdresser will be able to work her magic anyway and create something beautiful! Excited to see pictures! 

The flower wall is going to go in the main venue entrance now and we’re going to have a camera there so people can take selfies in front of it and upload to our Instagram wedding page. 

Bridezilla

STYLIST & PHOTOGRAPHER RANT

I  have totally lost all faith in some of my suppliers, especially the tog and venue stylist. With 9 months to go I thought they would be a bit more communicative but alas I am still struggling to get replies via email or via text. I only message during daylight hours (9-5) and I do understand they have other commitments. I just want to get things finalised so I can pay them. My tog, lovely, but trying to get her to agree to a date for our engagement shoot is impossible. She wants to do it the month before the wedding which doesn’t work for me yet when I suggest new dates, no reply. Venue stylist, again lovely, but just doesn’t reply. Meant to have a meeting with her in March and trying to confirm a time is again proving difficult. I feel like I’m the most unluckiest bride and that this wedding isn’t meant to happen 😞