Your planning threads

Planning a bandstand wedding!

161 to 180 of 361 posts

Bridezilla

I have my hair trial today, cannot wait! I will share some pictures this evening... 

I feel like I've been shopping for the OHs outfit for the past month cos there's so many bits to it and he's been dragging it out 🙄 The suit, the perfect white shirt (yes this is a thing apparantly),  cravats (ongoing), shoes, belt, socks, cufflinks.... mine is just.. dress and shoes. I don't ever have a dress accessory to play with like a belt so im feeling the wedding is all about him at the minute. I need to take back my limelight   😂

Bridezilla

Ha ha it's weird how we all have images of each other in our heads. Im naturally brunette 

My hairs at about my collar bone. I've got hair extensions in the picture tho - not clipped in as such, but she kinda scrunched them up and pinned them in under at the bottom to give it a bit of volume. It means I'm not fighting against the clips of the extensions and all the grips to get my hair comb and my veil in. We tried it both ways and it was soooo much better this way. 

Bridezilla

Looks gorgeous Helen. For some reason I knew you were blonde, so you must have put another pic up of you somewhere!

That's such as a shame about the hair comb, but I agree gluing is the best option. It looks so classy I want one but it wont really fit in with the rest of my look/theme now

Bridezilla

Just caught up with your thread from the last couple of days and had to laugh at the guests RSVP'ing. I never understood how difficult it is to tick a couple of boxes. D's sister is vegetarian and one of my cousin's boyfriends has some kind of stomach problem. Neither ticked the dietary requirements box like I'm supposed to automatically know what they can and can't eat! D's sister's excuse was she didn't want to cause any fuss so would just eat any salad we provided (no salad was being provided!!). I would have been so annoyed if we paid for her to have food and she didn't eat it.

Love the hair style! It looks lovely. 

Bridezilla

Your hair looks lovely! Agree about the not too perfect look.

Bridezilla

I was bored earlier so i decided to personalise the cake boxes with little cheese quotes. No one else will probably notice but I was sat outside in the sun doing them so perfectly happy and took no time at all! The quotes are..

Ive never met a problem cheew couldn't solve;

The best things in life are cheese;

When all else fails, cheese;

Cheese, wine and friends must be old to be good;

Life is grate;

The secret ingredient is always cheese  

Bridezilla

BUNTING

I've mentioned this in other posts but not sure I've ever mentioned here. So ladies, today I complete my 130th metre of bunting... out of 130!!!!!    It feels like I've been sewing this forever so I'm soooo happy! 27 metres are to go around the bandstand. I finished this piece last year and have a photo of it around the bandstand as a test but cannot for the life of me find it. The rest is to swag in the marque between the lights.

Then, because im a glutton for punishment, I decided to create a 5 metre long 'wedding' one too to go along a fence at the reception venue. 

New bride

I'm also planning a band stand wedding for the 2nd September 2017!! They made us book the gallery in the same park as a back up in case it rains which makes it a bit pricey but we love the park and spend a lot of time there so it just feels right! Apparently in the 3 years they have been holding weddings at the band stand they've never once had to move one inside - fingers crossed I'm not the first and that you also get good weather in Sheffield!

Bridezilla

I've read from start to finish and I absolutely LOVE all of your ideas!  Ring looks lush and the dress - you are going to make such a gorgeous bride.

Also, I am stealing (please, thank you) your idea for wedding night shirt!  It's a great idea!!  Where did you get your transfer from?  

xx

Bridezilla

Oh my gosh, that is so cool!!!
EKB2202 wrote (see post):

I'm also planning a band stand wedding for the 2nd September 2017!! They made us book the gallery in the same park as a back up in case it rains which makes it a bit pricey but we love the park and spend a lot of time there so it just feels right! Apparently in the 3 years they have been holding weddings at the band stand they've never once had to move one inside - fingers crossed I'm not the first and that you also get good weather in Sheffield!

Bridezilla

Aww thank you! Of course you can steal, we're all recycling each others ideas ;-) The shirt itself is from Boux Avenue and then the transfer, I bought the paper from eBay and designed it myself (using the word designed quite loosely!). Jenni is the Queen of Transfers... all I really remember is that you have to print a mirror image as it took me ages to find it!!
AyseO wrote (see post):

I've read from start to finish and I absolutely LOVE all of your ideas!  Ring looks lush and the dress - you are going to make such a gorgeous bride.

Also, I am stealing (please, thank you) your idea for wedding night shirt!  It's a great idea!!  Where did you get your transfer from?  

xx

Bridezilla

Goodness I fell behind with your thread!! Just caught up! 

I am dreading the RSVP nightmare. My family members are stupid at the best of times, (I love my family but it's true). 

The cheese quotes are fab! 

Well done on the bunting. I haven't attempted any sewing since I broke my wrist. Going to try this weekend. Bit nervous if I'm honest. 

Planning Thread: http://www.youandyourwedding.co.uk/forum/your-planning-threads/shabby-chic-park---march-2018-wedding/430905.html